Alexa Smart Home

Welcome to the Alexa Smart Home Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Smart Home Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa Smart Home.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest adding the “close” directive to the “Alexa.LockController” that does the same thing, so it can be used for garage door.

To close the garage door or asking if garage door is open, one can use the LockController interface. The only problem is that you should use lock/unlock words instead of close/open. One option is to support/understand these words and treat them as lock/unlock directives. Another option is to create a new interface for all kinds of doors and can be open/closed.

I understand that the “open” may not be safe in some situations. But the designer/end user can decide to enable/disable this directive.

13 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Shahab! We’ll get this routed over to the appropriate internal team for review.

2. “Guard” support for multiple locations

Looking at the “Guard” feature and trying to set up for main residence and vacation home. Would be great to be able to say/do “Guard House” or “Guard Beach” and have the skill/routine defined for that guard scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base