Alexa Smart Home

Welcome to the Alexa Smart Home Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Smart Home Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa Smart Home.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to copy routines

Please give the ability to copy routines in the same screen where you can delete/play routine.

This is needed because the current grouping mechanism only allows for on/off functionality in routines. Which means every device needs to be on the routine individually if you want anything more than simple on/off. I have 17 lines just for basic lighting and replicating that info is very labor intensive and time consuming.

Having the ability to copy routines, adjust parameters, and save as new name/time would save me tons of time as I grow my smart home.....or give us the ability to control…

83 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  33 comments  ·  Home Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Smart Home skill to deliver custom error messages

It would be great to be able to deliver custom error messages to the user.
    User case: In case of ChannelController if user request non existing channel that Alexa shall respond with custom error message like: "Channel XYZ not found".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Home Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nested Routines (Group Actions)

Please give the ability to have a routine nested in another routine to make it easier to add routines which use a similar set of actions.

This is needed because many routines share a similar subset of actions that can be grouped together (or nested) and then used in other routines. For example, I have a "Goodnight" routine that close the lights, turn of air conditioner and turn on bed lights. But when my wife is asleep I don't want the final action (turn on bed lights) to run. So I have two very similar routines that only differ by…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Home Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set volume of a group

What it says in the title

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support for automated furniture

We have created a custom skill for controlling automated furniture, but it would be nice to have a Smart Home skill category along these lines. A furniture piece would have preset positions so it would be nice to take an integer value for position. It could also reuse slots designed for power (on/off vibration with power levels; on/off heat; on/off light).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base