Skip to content

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

981 results found

1. When the skill is in the certification process, it shouldn't say that that there is a violation that requires re-building the interaction model. You can't build while it is in review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is a two part feedback.

1. For enterprise scale conversational apps, we need the ability to group the Intents by Domains/Business Lines (think Auto Insurance, Loans, etc.).
    2. Secondly, the endpoint invoked by the skill should really be at the Intent Level rather than at the Skill level considering the Skill has multiple intents. Is this the future direction or are we expected to build an Intent Router on the backend to then relay the Intent Requests to appropriate APIs or lambda functions.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We program skills with which people with speech and language disorders can train with alexa. the tests with the patients run well but the biggest problem the people have is pronouncing the invacation name. it would be great if you could start a skill by touch (Alexa app) like with google assistant for smartphones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We wanna create some skills about Japanese to the Skill store in the US.
    But in the US there are no built-in list slot types about Japan.

We want to use list slots for Japanese City and Region slots like an AMAZON.ATCITY and AMAZON.ATREGION.

Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Voice & Tone tab has a fixed width and the text doesn't wrap. So when pasting in speech strings, it's really difficult to make micro SSML adjustments because you don't have a full visual of the string. This is bad for 2 reasons:

1) scrolling left/right on your trackpad can very easily bring you to the previous webpage in your browser and lose your work. this is very frustrating when it happens!!

2) the other work around is manually breaking your strings into chunks that match the fixed width of the window, which is annoying and potentially error prone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add the German "Menno" to the German speechcons. I really need that! :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Video Streams with DRM will lead to an error on Echo Show

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great to be notified if there any of our Live Flash Briefing skills experience an error on the users' Echo device.

We provide a custom error message that gets read to the customer, but the developer doesn't get notified when an error occurs. If a webhook was provided, developers could collect stats and setup alerts so we're aware of errors.

At the moment, the only indication something is wrong is by viewing the analytics for EACH flash briefing. Since there is no analytics API for flash briefing skills at this time this also is a manual process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi - Please make the Payment report download more user friendly - currently it's difficult to read and doesn't actually 'download' just takes me to another page!
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is applicable to other regions as well, but my local example is that many Māori words are used with in regular New Zealand speech. At a minimum the word Māori should be recognized when pronounced correctly. To clarify I am not asking for the complete model of the language

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Solely to address 'least permissive' practices during the engagement of a developer with an AWS account having been engaged to work to create a Alexa skill(s) on behalf of another AWS account.

Although some of the role templates in IAM are comprehensive, the concept of "Least permissive is always the best approach." 'could' be strengthened by being verifiable to a posted AWS best practice set of specific outlined activities.

The benefit is that a 3rd party sees that AWS has published those permission sets; the Dev. is able to refer to AWS distilling a best-practices starting point, and 'least permissive'…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want a custom error for the case when my thermostat is not in a scheduled setting. For this, I wanted to use the "NOTINOPERATION" error type but i don't get a very clear message. I would like something like: "The thermostat does not have any schedule to resume"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. hello when the support of Amazon.Litteral will be done for French Skills ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Right now, it's completely random how AMAZON.Date understands whether day of the week are in the past or the future. ("What's the weather Sunday?")

Half the time AMAZON.Date return last Sunday, the other half the next Sunday.

This should be regimented. Past days should only be returned when the user say "last Sunday" or "this past Sunday", etc.

Really shouldn't need to argue for this. It's completely crazy that this hasn't be dealt with by now!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently all Amazon earnings from Alexa have to paid into the same bank account - please could developers have the option of directing Amazon US earnings into a US account, and EU earnings into another to save losing money on currency conversion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give the ability to cache files on the user's device or account.

I'm making a skill that involves playing a large sounds file for the user. The bandwidth charges for this can get pretty high and if a lot of people are using the skill response can get slow. It would be great to be able to cache the file so after they play it the first time it plays locally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Today, skill permissions (push notifications, device location, etc) are configured for a given skill on a global basis - if I turn on list management permissions to use with en-US, it will be enabled for every language model my skill implements. This doesn't mean that I have to use those permissions in every locale - it's still up to my skill to choose when to take advantage of them. But it does mean that users will be prompted for them.

This is a problem for a couple reasons:
    1. As a developer, I may have legitimate reasons for not using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We repeatedly input the same sentence from the keyboard and test it. For example, if you can easily select what you entered in the past with the arrow keys on your keyboard, you will be more convenient, we would like to add that function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Under Distribution please add one more button. 'Save and Continue' is already present but also add just 'Save' button. Because if I just edit Descriptions and press just 'Save', it won't take me to next page. Currently only save and continue option is so irritating when I just want to Save and stay on same page.
    In just on sentence: Add Save button to Save and Stay on same page instead of re-directing to next page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?