Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Follow up email to assist account linking completion

Request:
    Amazon to send a follow-up email to users who used a skill that invoked account linking option so that they can complete the account linking from an email link instead of just in the Alexa phone app.

The current process is too disjointed. The user has to break off their voice session in order to fiddle about on the Alexa app. Conversion of account linking is terrible.

With this request implemented the user would be reminded about account linking at a later date via their email and could complete it whilst in a mode that is more appropriate to…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Device Log enhancement

Would be great to see all alexa event gateway updates on this tool. ChangeReports were a great start, but I really need Alexa.MediaMetadata updates and deletes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BasicAuthentication support for Alexa MediaPlayer

Last versions of Alexa devices does not support basic authentication for MediaPlayer anymore. This is very usefull in cases you want to play password protected audio files.
    Here is an example of an url that does not longer work with new Alexa devices:
    https://user:password@server.com/file.mp3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change device address in console

Nowadays developers can't change device address returned from developer console test. Some cases which require specific address to test features turn dificult to do. So, is a good idea to implement a functionality in order to be able for changing the device address returnes by console.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Persist values between Service Endpoint Type options

Is it possible to persist the values within Service Endpoint Type when switching between "AWS Lambda ARN" radio option and "HTTPS" option? I test new code with a local lambda proxy endpoint URL and whenever I switch back to "AWS Lambda ARN" option I have to re-enter the ARN, which becomes tedious. It would be extremely convenient if the last used value could be persisted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add inputTranscript to Alexa Response.json

if an Alexa skill is not in production, add the inputTranscript attribute to the response.json. inputTranscript is used by Amazon Lex. In this fashion, one can use existing aws/lex tools to write automated tests ( context: I have the problem that my Alexa skill gives different answers based on whether I type the utterance or say it - although it is not quite ready my new tester using lex-runtime and Polly, will detect problems).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. inputs are unclear

the text inputs make it seem like I can simply input free text, it is not clear that i need to add a new one first.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. LAMBDA CODE IS NOT TESTABLE WITHIN THIS "DEVELOPER" CONSOLE... WHY????

WHY IS MY LAMBDA CODE NOT AVAILABLE FOR TESTING WHERE WHEN I AM BUILDING MY SKILL AROUND LAMBDA!!! THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. APL designed skills having a darker tint/overlay on listening mode seems to be a UX flaw. Why hinder visibility?

Why do APL designed skills have a dark tint/overlay on listening mode?
    This seems to be a UX flaw.
    Why hinder visibility of a skill designed to have a visible aspect?

The blue waving graphic should be more than enough to let the user know Alexa is listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Undo not working as expected

Add the ability to download the code in one easy zip file, or provide some basic version control, so this https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/202617/alexa-hosted-skills-undo-commands.html doesn't happen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alexa Hosted: Enable Code Version History/Restore

Since Alexa Hosted is based on git repository for code storage (AWS CodeCommit as described in doc), let user view and restore a previous version of code.

It would be veeery useful for people like me who accidentally dropped code, or in general to restore previous version for any reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alexa Routines to have a "Post HTTP" option for simple automation.

Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Help users avoid incorrect keywords

Example: I want to listen to the Troll soundtrack. 'Trolls' does not interest me. In 4 of 4 attempts, Troll was successfully heard, and Trolls started.

Usage:"Alexa, play Troll soundtrack, not Trolls" or "Alexa, play Troll soundtrack, ignore Trolls".

Alternatively, it could ask "Did you mean Trolls (Original Soundtrack) by varied artists or did you mean Troll?"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have Alexa be able to spell certain words in commands through the Alexa App

Go ahead and try to get Alexa to play "Cantos Profane" by Richard Band. Or get it to call my friend Viktyr (No, I don't have any friends named Victor". Some things just require spelling, and Alexa does not accept spelling words out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. log out of unsatisfactory skills

Many skills perform the same tasks, some better than others.
    Trying different skills is okay.
    When skills are disabled they are still used (linked).
    No way to stop old skills from interference. thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See how styles affect component layout in APL

It would be useful to see why elements are positioned as they are in the simulator. Suggestions:
    1. A feature to view the applied styles on each element, especially padding properties and the alignment properties of containers.
    2. A feature to show the outlines of elements, especially invisible elements such containers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple commands to trigger routines

Ability to have multiple trigger phrases for a routine instead of just one. So you can account for nuances in language requests.

IE "Alexa, it is ********" also works with "Alexa start the show"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Utterance Profiler for Speech

Enable the utterance profiler for speech. My experiences using the profiler is that it gets typed utterances correct. However the problems occur during speech. I would like to see the various intent considerations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. switch accounts on ios companion app

I have a personal alexa account and now a work one. I have added my work account to my household via the companion app but my alexa skill does not function properly. I believe I have to switch accounts to be successful. The ios companion app does now allow account switching and I do not want to have to constantly switch accounts for work and for personal. Please make this less annoying.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Correspond to Chinese

I want you to develop Alexa so that you can understand Chinese that is said to be more than 100 million native speakers.
    I fully understand that Alexa can not sell in China. I think that it is not a good idea to remove Chinese speakers living in the world from business.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base