Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View/Sort Skills that are Screen/Display Ready

It would be great to have way to see what skills are Echo Show/Spot/Any Screen and/or display ready.

Otherwise people don't know what skills are just going to be audio, or have visuals on them.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for more than one invocation name

I build skills for banks and CUs. In reality, some end users will include the term "bank" when they ask Alexa for something and others won't. I'd like the ability that for a bank skill, the main invocation name would be "XYZ United Bank," but that I can mask variations of this such as "XYZ United" that will also work. This is critical to user satisfaction!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alexa Simulator - speak words should be output instead of "triggered Intent"

When the Alexa simulator says "You just triggered <MyCustomIntent>", there should be some cue, message, indication, of the words in the intent handler code are not being heard. It's clear the intent handler was reached, the handler uses speak, how could anyone know what the problem is?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. revert to opening console in-page

opening new tabs is extremely annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reuse request

In the list with request and response history, a click on a request should fill in the clicked text into the textbox to use it again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. search function on dev portal

you need to put a beard feature for the list of skill so that people can find their skills when they create a bunch of them

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SSML validation

By surfing the forums I found that a lot of users have problems validating their ssml. Constant issues are misplaced tags, unclosed tags, missing brackets or extra spaces inside of the tags.

Because error message says only, that input was invalid users don't know what was invalid and they keep asking the same thing - to explain them what is wrong with their ssml, which most of the time is one of the problems I mentioned before.

My suggestion would be to add a better validation for ssml, including 'Voice & Tone' tab. It should give better messages to at…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add note about 443 port for HTTPS endpoint

Please make a note on the endpoint editor that alexa backend goes only on 443 port (in case of HTTPS). It's a bit cryptic.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Less than character causes output to fail

Not sure if this is a bug or is by design. If I have the output text of &lt;speak&gt; 2 is &gt; 3 &lt;/speak&gt; this works and Alexa will read 2 is greater than 3. However if I have the output text of &lt;speak&gt; 2 is &lt; 3 &lt;/speak&gt;, where I would expect 2 is less than 3, I get an error "The input was incompatible" and Alexa will instead respond There was a problem with the requested skills response.

This appears to be an issue because it sees the < as the beginning of a closing tag for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Measure impact of CanHandleIntent

Need a way for developers to measure the impact of CanHandleIntent

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable multi-device gameplay

Currently gameplay is limited to single device. Communicating cross device — ex. Drop in — is available, but not gameplay. Being able to challenge/play multiple devices at different locations — rooms, houses, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intent filter for to skip the match

It is nice to have, inside the Intent editor, a filter that allow the Intent Match to match the intent only if the previous intent was into a list of intents

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copyright in Skill

If you currently provide copyright information in the skill or the skill description because you use content from another source amazon certification flags this attributions as advertisments which is false. Copyright is not advertisment so please change this behaviour.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Specify Language of response

I would like to propose a change to the speek API. It should be possible to specify the output language of the text to testing is easier. If you specify short answers like "no" (or "nein" in german) or output english domain names, the automatic test declares them as "english" or any other language which does not meet the skills requirements as everything has to be in the correct language. This is very annoying, because you have to change phrases or example invocations to include german sounding words in a domain name for example to pass the automatic test before…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create Governance around Dev Console Organizations

An issue for larger organizations is the lack of governance around access to the developer console and specific features of the console. For example, I'd like to be able to allow a developer to contribute to a skill or do their own POCs, but prevent them from submitting for certification.

It would also be useful if SAML auth were supported to allowed for federated access to the console.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn on the power to the TV connected to a FireTV Cube from a skill

When a user invokes a Skill on a Fire TV Cube, provide a way for our fulfillment webhook to determine that the device is a Fire TV Cube. We know we can determine that the skill was invoked on a device that has a screen, but we need a way to determine that it is not an Echo Show or Spot, but instead a TV connected to a FireTV Cube.

Then, provide a way to determine whether or not the TV power is on or off. If it is off, provide a way for us to tell the Cube to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sharable Q&A Blueprint Skill

Hi, I love the Blueprints option - it's perfect for what I want to do. However the MyQuestions blueprint as far as I can see is not sharable. Can a custom Q&A skill be developed which would be sharable? The other option I suppose is the share the account, but it would be awesome to be able to share.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Post Code slot type

Include PostCode slot type

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an error code for smart home skill devices that need some time between each controll

I've created a smart home skill for a device that needs some time between each actuation.

I know in advance if a device is ready or not to be controlled again.

I would like to provide a nicer feedback to the user by replying to control request with an error indicating that the device need some time to execute a new command in the cases where my device cannot be controlled when the request arrives.

This command should be translated in something like:
    The device X is temporarily busy please try again later.

The ASK SDK already provide few errors…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base