Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature request: Integrate with Cloudwatch log to display log

When use Alexa hosted lambda as backend, it'd be awesome to have log integrate with cloudwatch log, I want see console log and do debug.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple dialog directives

Currently it is not possible to update dynamic entities during a dialog. It would be great to be able to return Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities in combination with Dialog.ElicitSlot or Dialog.Delegate for example.

A related request is:
    https://alexa.uservoice.com/forums/906892-alexa-skills-developer-voice-and-vote/suggestions/33250507-allow-render-template-directives-during-dialog-dir

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. contact emergency

Allow alexa to contact emergency service incase of break-in or fire or someone who is unable to move.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. JSON debarfer

The JSON editor should have undo back to the last "no big red x" version in a single click. That way after I spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what it is unhappy about I can start again from a known good place with a single click.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. beta users sort alphabetically

when viewing Beta Testers, you should be able to sort it alphabetically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Private Skill availability in Germany and without Alexa for Business

It would be great to be able to deploy skills only to invited users, e.g. users that receive a link for activation. Additionally, private skills should be made available in Germany and without Alexa for Business context.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow gadgets to auto reconnect to alexa after being paired

I think it would be better for the user experience if gadgets have the ability to reconnect automatically to Alexa without requiring the user triggering it. If the gadget did already pair with Alexa why need the user to trigger reconnection ? As a user that's what i would expect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Gadgets Skill API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. hosted skills for everything

There should be the hosted skill option for all types of skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remember list of utterances, or add every utterance to a dropdown list

I would love to be able keep list of all sentences entered in the "Alex Simulator" so we can select from them.

Right now you always need to copy
    / paste or type the text over and over again.

Thank you
    and Warm Regards

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Beta Invite through an API

It would be cool when a beta test is in progress, that there is an API or similar to give the developer the opportunity to automatically invite beta testers to the test.
    Like a user is registering to the beta test and further he will also be added to the beta test for the skill.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manage Music in Alexa for Business

As a business, being able to turn off access or manage per device/room to playing Music when devices in open areas.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Blog blueprint for non-WordPress blogs?

How about a Blog blueprint for sites other than WordPress blogs? Why not any text-based RSS feed? (Blogger, for instance.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. console log in test

make it possible to easily see console output. output of console.log() should be visible somewhere within the UI for debugging purposes on the test screen. Doesn't seem checking device log does that, I don't see anything there even though there is a console.log call in my launchrequest handler.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Typescript support to ask-cli

Actually we can create and deploy javascript alexa skills, it would be great if we can do with typescript too.

I think it's not so hard to add typescript support (transpile before deploy)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Page Ranking for Skill in Store(s) based on keywords (e.g. skills SEO feature)

I have clients that want to rank well for their skills against keywords or phrases to aid discoverability but there is no way of determining where a skill will be shown in the skill store without some sort of SEO / Keyword(s) ranking facility.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Emulate "Tap to Alexa" silent commands

Add the ability for a skill to execute a "silent" voice command as is currently done in "Tap to Alexa"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to play downloaded audio. Please

There is this video on YouTube thats about an hour of the video game Skyrim's beautiful ambiance, music, wind, and everything. I converted it to audio so that I can add it to my morning routine but couldn't which was a bummer but then I realized if I can't add custom audio I can't make a cool intruder alert routine which sucks as well. On top of that there is this song(selfish love by Stephane Huguenin) from a video game thats a remake of the original song and it's not there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. alex developer console would be more helpful if it could process pre recorded audio files

The alexa developer console would be more helpful if it had the ability to test on a batch of pre-recorded audio files. Since its cumbersome to wait for the Alexa to respond for each query. Instead results could be reviewed at a later time to speed up the process. Also, pre recorded audio files can be modified with artifical noise to see how intents are extracted under various background conditions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Standalone Wearable

We already have Amazon Dash Wand. Why not miniaturized it into a wearable like a fitness tracker (without the barcode scanner) so that we can have a standalone wearable with built-in Alexa? That way we can talk to Alexa wherever we are as long it is connected to the internet via WiFi (just like the Amazon Dash Wand).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove the need for a text message to confirm setup of Alexa Calling

When setting up Alexa Calling for older family members who do not have or want a smartphone, consider an automated voice call to their home number to confirm the setup

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base