Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. clear oauth token without disabling skill

I would like to be able to clear the oauth token so a user can logout with new credentials and get a different token. As described in https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/62270/how-to-do-log-out-or-invalidate-auth-token-in-alex.html
    this is only possible if we disable then re-enable the skill, but then the userId would be lost and I would like to avoid that.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spelling error in dev console

Spelling error on withdrawing skill

"I did not intend to publishing the skill right away"

should be changed to something like

"I did not intend to publish the skill right away"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add developer specific phonetic dictionary to skill builder

Synonyms are looking to be useful as a fix for misconstrued words, but a true phonetic skill dictionary would be better than trying to force misinterpreted words as common words when Alexa doesn’t know what was said.

I’m looking for a way to submit less common words for Alexa to understand. In programming, it is becoming obvious that some esoteric or genre specific terms are missing. See http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?151-D-D-Pronunciation-Guide for examples of words Alexa should be able to derive from speech, but regularly misconstrues. I wouldn’t contend that Alexa needs to understand each one, but using this as a guide may…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use payload V3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

Use payload v3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Switching from auth code grant to implicit grant not possible

switching back from auth code grant to implicit grant seems not possible. On saving the following error is shown: Access token scheme should be empty for IMPLICIT type.

And access token scheme can not be set for implicit grant.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Submission Information on Portal

Put submission history on the portal. Having this only in email is not the best way to communicate as multiple developers are often working on apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Skill name when editing

Please show the name of the Skill that I'm currently editing. It's nerve-racking to not get visual confirmation of which skill I'm editing when I have multiple Skills. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Client Secret field validation is broken

Every time I try to save a value on the Build > Account Linking tab, Auth Code Grant, I have to re-enter the Client Secret, even if I'm not changing it. Please only make me enter it once.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Alexa Skill Test Console compatible with AVG.

The current skill test console appears to be incompatible with AVG.

I don't like having to choose between a protected system, and being able to test my skill.

For now, I will be repeatedly installing and uninstalling AVG as I need to do skill development. It's a hassle.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Alexa metrics

Being able to emit custom metrics from your skill would be amazing. I want to know what words were used to fill slots so I can have a list of which were the most popular words used. Using one of your own examples, if a user used a Horoscope skill, you could see that Scorpio was requested 12 times this week.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UI Issue

Hi,
    The black footer does not stay in the bottom of the page when I scroll up the page causing a weird experience.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Locales and Language Settings

Under the language settings options, you have a Remove button but when I try to remove from a locale that is already published I get a non-descript error saying unable to save. Amazon launched my skill to a locale I did not want, and now I have a lot of problems because of it. I should be able to remove a singular locale, especially if Amazon launched to it without my consent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change User doesn't show all accounts

On the new Console, when I go to my profile, Change User, only 4 of the several accounts of the people I help with show up. Looks like there's a `max-width` property that's causing the last couple to get hidden.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simulator Issues

Hey I really don't like the new simulator. If there is an endpoint error the simulator just does nothing, nor does it register the error with cloudwatch. I would type out the invocation name and would get 0 response, it was as if the request was never sent. When I would then check the cloudwatch logs there would be nothing reflecting a request either. If I swap to the old version and try the simulator, it will make the request and respond with an error. This will then register in Cloud watch and point me right to where the break…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New Dashboard - Locale Selection

Although the new dashboard feels cleaner, it has lost utility. I cannot figure out how to pull a skill from a locale. We use SMAPI and push to all locales and then delete out (in the old dashboard) any locale we don't intend to publish to. In this version, not sure if it's possible, definitely can't figure it out. I also have to click and click to get to a submit button. Put a quick submit int he banner or something.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Beta Test Info to ASK Developer Console Skills List

We can have multiple skills (10+) running in beta test and any given moment. There is no way to know in the main skills list which skills are in beta and when the beta expires. We have 100+ skills in our list which makes it even more challenging.

Either in a new column or under the Skill ID, add an indication that the skill is in BETA and the date it expires.

Provide a way to filter the list to only show those in Beta. This could be part of the request to tag and filter skills in the list.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New Console Beta Test in a different section

Putting the Skill Beta Testing section into Availability is confusing to find. I would have expected it to be under Test or somewhere under a Testing header.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to show SSML tags in chat transcription (ASK Dev Console Beta)

Provide option to display SSML tags in chat speech bubbles. Currently some words stick together because they're seperated by tags, which are not shown. With the option to display SSML tags it would be easier to analyze the speech output and the effect of certain SSML tags.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change "Permissions" nav menu button to "Your Users"

Change "Permissions" nav menu button to "Your Users"

In the Alexa Console, the "Permissions" button in the left menu makes me think I can provide permissions (e.g. beta testers and administrator access) to the particular Alexa Skill, not user's access to addresses and read/write lists. Might make sense to change the wording to "Your Users" that way the submenu can contain all info pertain to your uses using your Skill and "Permissions" is uses to give certain permissions access to the app on a tester, administrative, business user or marketing permissions to the Skill

I'm assuming this feed back forum…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base