Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invoke LaunchRequest by an external api

via some script we hit an api for a specific user that is in front of line and Alexa responds with example speech.

"Hi Jhon, welcome to Demo clinic"

or
    "Hi Dave, welcome to Demo clinic"

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to train Alexa in the developer console

Add the ability to train the Alexa Developer console (currently having issues where it is taking "two" as "nooo")

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. slot value api

My desire: An API to upload a CSV to Edit or Upload Sample Utterances in Bulk

My reason: We have a daily update set of ~ 15000 slot values and it would be very helpful if there was an API to automatically update the slot values using a CSV instead of manually updating them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the skill invocation or starting phrase "Go To"

Add the skill invocation or starting phrase "Go To", as in 'Go To <Invocation name>'. It would add another start phrase that naturally flows with many invocation names and is a phrase that many users would expect to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add interaction model editor and skill settings to ask toolkit for vs code

I believe a great addition to the ASK Toolkit for Visual Studio Code would be to bring more of the visual tools and editors within the IDE. It would be great to be able to work through the interaction model and add intents, utterances, slots, etc as well as the general skill properties and be able to validate them before deployment or building in the developer console that would update my local files. Then when I deploy my skill using ask-cli everything is in sync with my changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it obvious you're on dev / live skill

When on the dev console it is hard to tell if the project you have open is the dev or live version of a skill without going to specific pages and seeing if the save button is disabled or not.

This could be solved by putting this status somewhere on the page. I think this could be done by putting this info (dev vs live) on the dev console's top bar (so you can see it everywhere), and maybe even color-coding the info to draw the eye.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. profile

Need the ability to have all my kids see all echo devices in alexa app (should be aws orgs where all the devices roll up to parent account and then permission granted for devices to other house hold alexa users) to better utilize features such as going to a room and playing selected users playlist or to be able to control smart home features using alexa app as each child / adult has a different alexa login.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ASK SDK Python Lambda Layer availability in Europe

I'd like to have a Lambda Layer for the ASK SDK Python available also in Europe region. Today it is available only in US.
    See also here for reference: https://github.com/alexa/alexa-cookbook/blob/master/resources/lambda-layers/ask-sdk-lambda-layers.md

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a video diary skill.

Be able to record video and have this video stored in a diary format. Also to be able to send/share this video. Could also use TTS for notation of content.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Skill Action Follow Up Notification

For skills that perform an action requiring follow-up (e.g. lock a door --> the door is now locked; close the garage --> the garage is now closed), there should be a window of time whereby the skill is able to respond back to the user without keeping the connection to Alexa open.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Skill Connections needs a re-schedule feature

Skill Connections is a great idea but needs an additional feature. My use case is my skill called "When is my Flight" is used at the departing airport and tells the user when his flight will land and I would like to give him the chance of booking an Uber when it lands. So at his departing airport he uses my skill and says book me an uber to take me home. At that point my service will book the uber at the landing time plus a delta of say 20 mins for him/her to get from aircraft to outside.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Contact User for Rating & Review

User feedback is important to skill developer, very often rating and review can't tell all the details. If developer can contact customers for necessary details, that'll be amazing for both developers and users, which is actually a basic function on app store.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add request/command invocation type to be sent for intents

Allow an intent to receive information on whether or not the user had requested an intent or given a command.

Especially for kid skills, the ability to alter the response based on the manners involved in invoking the intent could drastically alter the response and, if given as an aspect of the skill info on the marketplace, alter parents decision to enable it for their children.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ask-cli for Smart Home skills

Can we have a command line version of the Test console? Right now, ask-cli only works with custom skills and not smart home skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. API for Accessing Alexa Reporting KPI's

A way to gather Alexa Reporting KPI's like Sessions, Utterances and Visitors without having to log into the Developer Console. Something I could access from an API would be ideal. I'm managing 15 skills and flash briefings and don't want to pull each number manually when it could be easily automated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How to resume a podcast where you left off

How to resume a podcast where you left off

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New Alexa interaction flow besides :tell and :ask - :ask-once

• Suggestion

Having a new flow in Alexa interaction:
    Prompt -> listen -> exit

• Problem

As you know, there are currently two main Alexa interaction flows:

:tell - Prompt -> listen -> end session

and

:ask - Prompt -> listen -> reprompt -> listen -> end session

This is quite sufficient, but sometimes there could be a use for a shorter interaction, where user is asked for something once. Alexa would listen for the response and if user says nothing it closes the session. This would be mostly useful at the end of the game, when asking user for some feedback,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Alexa sound reduction when activated to only the one device

So currently when I say ‘Alexa’, every single Alexa device pings and reduces volume, the one closest to me is still the one that is verbally responding but all devices are activated when the wake word is used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. editor should keep position in file when moving from tab to tab

The editor should keep the position of where each tab is being edit, so that when we move from one tab to another and then come back to the initial tab, we go to the same place.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Style of skill name on the "menu" bar

I'd like to propose that the name of the skill is shown in a different style, as it's very confusing visually at the moment -- it looks as if it's one of the menu items ('build', 'code', etc.).

If you just changed the colour of the font to, say, blue (matching the Alexa blue), it'd be much, much better.

I've seen that someone posted that they want to see the skill name when editing ("show the skill name when editing"), and that just confirms that the current style is not a good one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base