Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Available AMAZON.FallbackIntent on Brazil

Hello gurus,

When the AMAZON.FallbackIntent will be available on Brazil ?

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Programmatic access to the device info (network status, etc.)

The programmatic access to the device info data would open new opportunities for business that serve the customers through Alexa.
    Also, it would allow to access the data about the environment in which the device is operated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Langauge development

You should increase the languages in Alexa.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. time

Usage time limitations/time plans/temporarily deactivation of Echo devices via Alexa app to prevent children from using the device/consuming content excessively or during night etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pls open up APIs in these two areas: barcode standard on Amazon delivery package and access to customer orders

your dev team pointed us to here [CASE 6496422201] Ecobrites[ALEXA][MEB521E26AO7B]

We are requesting Amazon to open up these two APIs to us:
    (1). barcode standards on Amazon home Delivery Boxes; and 
    (2). an API to access Amazon customer orders via Alexa/Echo home hub.

We are working on a new Smart Delivery Box - a system and technology (patent pending) and this will enhance Amazon customer experience by:
    (A). eliminating delivery errors and mistakes;
    (B). preventing package thief; and 
    (C). competing Strategically to other (alien) deliveries

We are building firmware in our scanner that will be scanning every Amazon home delivery package,  then…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable integration of third party voice authentication mechanisms

Many large companies have or utilize third party voice authentication mechanisms to provide voice auth across a number of channels (e.g.,IVR, mobile app). While voice profiles are available through Alexa, is it possible to have an option to reuse existing third party voice auth APIs companies have invested in already within Alexa Skills?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow two way video for Echo show with WebRTC

Need two way video support using RTCSessionController to enable lot of skills, long with much needed Aira for Visually impaired. This is a much add feature and I hope low hanging for enabling accessibility using Aira.

https://aira.io

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide function for escaping text in APL templates

According to the docs, APL Text items support some HTML-like markup, with a custom escape method for special characters:

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/alexa-presentation-language/apl-text.html

There should be a function in the SDKs that we can use for escaping a plain text string, to display it as-is.

Also, the chart under "Markup characters in text must be replaced with character entity references" is a little confusing. E.g. what are we supposed to replace &, <, and > with?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove the conflict between Smart home device and Custom skill

Hi,

As I was creating a custom skill to control the TV through IR, after saying "Alexa, turn on the tv" it goes to the smart home skill section and says"No smart devices are found in your account" so As I was asking about this in forum they said this always will happen for custom skill you need invocation and all but if this feature is implemented it will be best.

You can have a checker or switcher which looks for smart home devices connection(In smart home skill) if none found it will search it in custom skill and after…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reply of Intent confirmation

I am developing a skills and using intent confirmation, when I reply to confirmation then it takes only 'Yes' and 'No'.
    There are no any other option to use synonyms of 'Yes' and 'No'.
    I.e. For 'Yes' -> 'exactly', 'ok','yea', 'fine' etc.
    For 'No' -> 'Sorry', 'Not' etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Slot for IPV4 address

IP address slot

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Skills hosted in India

The ability to host Custom Skills in Mumbai region

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Controlling Roku with Alexa using Python

Using Alexa to control Roku. There is an available app but it is only free for a few commands per month. Also tailored to my Roku channels and it has better navigation. Back end written in Python. Uses ngrok so my laptop is the back end so it can control Roku locally.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Don't require constant customer dialog interaction for long-form content

I would love to see some improvement to the possible interactions that can occur between an Alexa skill and customers. Currently, it relies heavily on a back and forth dialog with customers, but isn't well-suited to long-form content (like articles, which I'll use as an example throughout going forward). I'd like to be able to return a relatively small amount of an article at a time, and react to events emitted by the Alexa infrastructure that allow me to prepare the next chunk of the article and present it to the customer seamlessly, without any interruption.

Say we have a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Name-Free interaction for Private Skill

We will like a Name-Free interaction for Private Skill.
    Since more users will use private skill, Name-Free interaction can make people easy to trigger and use private skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Weather alert Proactive Events schema for italian alert system

Hi!
    For my civil protecion's NPO, I'd like to develop a weather alert skill.

We are in Italy, and the provided weather alert schema is tailored for US.

For the compliance with italian alert system we nedd totally different data and messages.

It's quite difficult to explain, but I try.

Italy is divided in Regions and every region has its alert zones (number can vary from a Region to another).

The principal weather events are: rain, heavy rain, flood, heartquake, snow, heat alert, fog.

Every weather event has a level (from green to red) that indicates the severity of the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support running ask commands in npm scripts

To avoid having ask-cli installed globally which is not good when working with other developers together who might have version mismatches, it would be nice when you could trigger ask commands with npm scripts.

For example:
    package.json:
    "scripts": {
    "validate": "ask validate"
    }

Currently this throws errors like described here:
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/211596/run-ask-commands-as-npm-script.html?childToView=212326#comment-212326

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add a Proactive Events Schema for Medical Appointment Reminders.

The current Occasion.Updated Schema is close but a little too restrictive for a general Medical Appointment reminder.

The ability to use a schema that allows us to specify the following would be really helpful:

Hello. This is <appointment.clinicName> reminding <appointment.patientName> of your <appointment.date> appointment with <appointment.providerName> at <appointment.providerLocation>. Please arrive at <appointmentArrivalTime>. You may contact us at <appointment.phone> to cancel or reschedule. <appointment.otherInstructions>.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Interaction model size

Increase the interaction model size from 2.5MB. This limits the usability to a great extent. It has a lot of scope from a business perspective if the size is increased.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Amazon Pay in Mexico

Amazon Pay is the only option for payment option as of now in Alexa. For Mexico, Amazon Pay is not available.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base