Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding a new (custom) Routine should enable to stop radio Spotify Music

If I create a new Routine in the Amazon Alexa app on IOS Device I can currently only add the following actions:
    Smart Home, Traffic, Wether, News.
    I would like to have a action which stops Alexa from playing any kind of music or other sound.
    Background: You create the Routine "Goodby" which should turn off all HUE lights and it should stop the Radio(tuneIn on Alexa, or Spotify music). The feature of stopping Music is not available in the app. If I say "Alexa, Stop" the music is stopped. Why is that not available in the app?

48 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines

At the moment the minimum delay timer is 1 minute it would be really helpful to have 1 - 59 Second delay timer in routines too

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Written commands in routines

Add ability to add a written command to a routine that would act as if the user spoke a voice command.

E.g.
    Routine scheduled at 7:00 AM:
    - turn on Light
    - tell you something new
    (New): - perform “Alexa, what is the weather in Boston?”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, open Headspace”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, connect bluetooth”

This would enable skills in routines while leveraging the existing abilities of the Echo, just by allowing written commands to be interpreted as voice commands on a schedule. This should be fairly simple to implement with what it is already is capable…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trigger other routines in a routine

I would like to be able to chain routines. One beneficial use of this is to create a "base" routine which performs some actions, and which would be the first step in other routines.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable users to name routines that they create.

Currently, a routine created in the Alexa app is identified only by the time that the event is occur. It would help to be able to name the routine so that the user can tell what the routine does.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  5 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to invoke skill intents in routine

Recently, the ability to launch 3rd party skills from routines was added. The implementation, however, was minimal. All the user can do is launch the skill. They cannot launch a specific intent.

To unleash the potential of 3rd party skills in routines, users should be able to specify skill intents in the routine: "Tell skill x to y"

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to copy a routine

I have some routines which I would like to use again, but with small changes. So, I should be able to copy/clone an existing routine, to make the process easier.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Connect To Bluetooth Device In Routine

It would be great if we could connect to a bluetooth device as part of the routine. I.E Connect to bluetooth speaker in another room as part of the "good morning" routune.

- Alexa Good Morning
    - Flash Breifing
    - Connect to BlueTooth Speaker in bathroom
    - Play BBC Radio 1 (will then play through the bluetooth speaker)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: http://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

9. Routines running on specific echo-device

My goal would be to create a rule "Alexa, turn on the light", which does not turn on the light in all rooms, but just in the room the echo-device is in.
    To solve this, it would be great if i can create routines with multiple-triggers - not only the voice command, but also the device i am talking to.

Secondly the commands should not be unique, so i can create more than one time the routine "turn the light on"

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Routines with multiple triggers

Right now a routine is triggered by a voice command or specific time. However, some routines are to be triggered by voice and time.

For example:
    Alexa, good night. Will turn of the lights, etc.
    But you want this routine to run at certain time, say 22:00, in case you forgot or because you don’t want to say even the command, etc.
    Currently to achieve this you would have to recreate the entire skill by hand, as were is no copy function either, but this time change the trigger. This is extremely annoying and worsens as the actions in the…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Logic in routines

There should be a way of implementing logic into routines or other voice commands to behave different in certain occasions, by the end-user. Maybe through a simple drag and drop interface, ...
    For example, if I say “Alexa, turn the lights on”, depending on the time of the day the brightness and color(-temperature) very to feel more intergrated.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alexa Routines to have a "Post HTTP" option for simple automation.

Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Really need to dramatically increase the utility of my amazing Dots to allow invoking skills from Routines.

Add ability to invoke skills from within Routines. Badly needed to correct this deficiency.

Love my Dots. Will love them more when you fix this! 😄

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow sunrise/sunset daytime and night time for routines

I would like to be able to trigger a routine at sunrise/sunset.
    I would also like to have the time of an action be night time or day time based on my homes location. ie Door bell turn on an outside light only at night time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Location trigger for routines

I would like to be able to trigger a routine by actions like "leaving home" and "arriving home" which would be triggered by the Alexa mobile app based on my location.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Launch a routine from a skill

Just as it is important to be able to launch a skill from a routine (this is priority #1), it is also important to be able to make an API call to get a list of routines available under a given account, and then launch one of them from within a skill. One particular use case here relates to the issue of being in-skill for an extended interaction, and the ability to control smart home devices. If routines are available within a skill, it would be an amazing shortcut - wouldn't have to use the smart home API to develop…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SecuityPanelController used with Routines

The SecurityPanelController (SPC) class is not supported under routines when it is a natural that it should. Many people would like to use geofencing to arm/disarm their security system but the SPC is not supported. This is really strange as we have hundreds of thousands of users and this is one of the first things they ask for when they enable our SPC skill.

Amazon technical support said I should post a feature request.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple commands to trigger routines

Ability to have multiple trigger phrases for a routine instead of just one. So you can account for nuances in language requests.

IE "Alexa, it is ********" also works with "Alexa start the show"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base