Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. APL transition property

The AnimateItem command can be used to create animations for the opacity and transform properties. With the release of APL 1.6, many more properties have been unlocked for dynamic updates, such as the height and width of a component.However, the AnimateItem command does not support these properties, instead you have to use for example Easing Functions to implement animations for these properties. In my opinion, the Easing Functions are relatively complex in terms of their structure, and furthermore they can currently only be defined statically, which means that, as with the AnimateItem command, I have to define the initial and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stereo Support for APL for Audio

APL-A touts higher sample rates and uncompressed audio, but that only pertains to the input format. Any high quality audio file gets mixed down to an output format of mono 48 kbps, meaning that it is actually ultimately worse than the potentially stereo format possibly with the audio tag.

Please consider adding stereo support for Mixer & Sequencer events, if not actually increasing the end output quality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. APL Events Console (APL Authoring Tool)

It would be very useful, when using the APL Authoring Tool and in play mode, having a separate console that logs all the fired commands. Especially the SendEvent command could be very useful to get more details on (a list of all the listed arguments), especially when working with dynamic values that might change throughout interaction with the APL document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Web API for Games Support for NOT Games

Currently, Web API for Games support requires that the skill be a Game.
    I would like to use the Web API functionality for visuals for NOT games. For example, voice controlled charts and maps. So, if I have a Skill showing the location of the nearest hardware store and the user says, Not that One, I want the map to move, and Web API is a great way to do that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AWS IOT device shadow integration to show real time data

I'm working on Alexa skill. I need to have real time data in my visual cards. I was planning to integrate with AWS device shadow so I will be able to show device state changes in realtime or I can implement real time data pulling using HTTP request.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alexa visual indicator

I have a set of 5 Lifx tiles. It would be amazing to see Alexa speak and acknowledge when she is listening via visual methods versus auditory only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Turn on the power to the TV connected to a FireTV Cube from a skill

When a user invokes a Skill on a Fire TV Cube, provide a way for our fulfillment webhook to determine that the device is a Fire TV Cube. We know we can determine that the skill was invoked on a device that has a screen, but we need a way to determine that it is not an Echo Show or Spot, but instead a TV connected to a FireTV Cube.

Then, provide a way to determine whether or not the TV power is on or off. If it is off, provide a way for us to tell the Cube to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. APL Sequence row formatting (alternate or custom)

Outputting a sequence for touch choices is nice - but it would be great if there were some visual styling controls to help differentiate the rows (other than being able to use a single color and spacing).

For instance, being able to specify two colors, and have every other row be different - or being able to submit an array of colors that are used in sequence, which would be used cyclically (IOW, if the number of choices in a sequence were greater than the number of colors, it would use all of the colors, then start over from the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base