Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support to stream audio from SSL on ports other than 443

Can support be added to the AudioPlayer interface to allow streaming over SSL on ports other than 443? Currently streaming is limited to ONLY port 443 (the standard SSL port), but there should be no reason that other ports cannot also be supported.

This limitation makes it so that services hosted from behind a firewall can no longer use that port (even when port forwarding in employed).

In my case, I am hosting a streaming media server from behind my firewall, however I would like to have a secure website which I also host from the same IP address. My…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated DJ

Allow users to enable “DJ Mode” that while streaming music adds cross fades to songs and occasionally has Alexa announce songs with factoids about the music or artist. I miss traditional radio but like listening to more than the same 40 songs. What I miss are the DJs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Uservoice space of genre of Chutney Music

Currently if the voice command of Alexa - Play Chutney Music is said - it reverts to the wrong genre of soca music. I have added my online radio station and used the invocation of Chutney Music but the skill must be added in order for this work. I was adviced to go this method to get the Uservoice Space for the creation of the genre of Chutney Music. I am willing to add the content via ftp as I am involved in a lot of the releases of the music worldwide or if it can be direct to my…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Music Fade in

I would love if you could let the music fade in (while using Spotify). Because if I have a routine in the morning the sudden start of the music lets me shock for a second. That feature would be AWESOME!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Continue playing music where I left off or reshuffle music command

If I select sleep type music each night, and request either a genre or music group to play, each evening the music starts at the same starting point (songs are always in the same order). The only way I can change it is to use the remote and sit there for 10 or so minutes to fast forward. Would like the option to "continue where I left off" or "start over." Otherwise I hear the same music each evening. So if night 1, I hear the 1st hour of music from a group, night 2 I'd like to be able…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The ability to play downloaded audio. Please

There is this video on YouTube thats about an hour of the video game Skyrim's beautiful ambiance, music, wind, and everything. I converted it to audio so that I can add it to my morning routine but couldn't which was a bummer but then I realized if I can't add custom audio I can't make a cool intruder alert routine which sucks as well. On top of that there is this song(selfish love by Stephane Huguenin) from a video game thats a remake of the original song and it's not there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.

I’d like to access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.

Currently, it can only suggest a song title and album name, but customers can’t listen to the music while still my skill and must exit to access built-in skills for listening to it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base