Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Individual volumes for Alexa speech and music playback

I just can't understand why this isn't already a feature. Surely others must find the same frustration.
    When you are listening to some background music on say volume 1 or 2, and then want to ask Alexa to say something or read something, the volume is too low to be able to hear. I should imagine it is fairly easy to implement seperate volume levels for both Alexa's voice, and music playback?
    This is the one and only thing that annoys me about the whole Alexa/Echo experiance. - Thank You!

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable presets on Tunein that can be used as voice command

My amazon.de echo cannot recall one of my favorite radio stations from America. The station is 960 WHYL. No matter how I try to say the station, in English and german, alexa cannot play it and I have to use the app. Having the ability to assign another command, such as preset number, would be so helpful. So, I save 960 am as “preset 1”. Then ask Alexa to play preset 1 on Tunein. Thank you for your consideration.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better audio quality in audio tag

Audio quality in audio tags is abysmal. Audio is already limited to 90 sec in total and max 5 tags in ssml. That is fine, but the biggest issue is that It is really hard to produce good sounding audio with these restrictions (mp3/16khz/48kbps). It would be great if these restrictions would be increased, to as much as possible. This would help to build more engaging skills with great audio inserts.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Music Fade and/or Finish Song in Sleep Timer

It would be nice to have the music fade to off when you set a sleep time for music play. Having a song abruptly stop causes me to wake up.

Another nice option would be to have the song finish---even if it goes over the time. "Alexa, stop playing music in 10 minutes.." She will finish what ever song is playing at 10 min.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ambient sound when alexa is listening

It would be really nice if when alexa is listening we could play an ambient sound in the background. It would help with the immersion.

Because right now, when alexa finishes speaking and starts listening, there is only dead silence. It would be awesome if there would be possibility to play some silent ambient sound while user is thinking what to answer. This would allow to create more seamless and engaging experience.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom Playlists on Amazon Music with Freetime Enabled

Would like my kids to be able to request custom playlists on Amazon Music with Freetime enabled. Right now, it will only play certain playlists that are created by amazon. Would like my kids to be able to play their playlist.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add AMAZON.GetDetailIntent to Audio Player Interface

Currently, one has to create a custom intent and execute it by using the invocation phrase with the intent. Example:

"Alexa, open My Podcast Player and get the current song"

Or, with this feature request:

"Alexa, what's playing?"

The documentation makes note that this is currently not available: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/audioplayer-interface-reference.html#intents

"This only applies to the built-in intents. The intents you define (such as the example PlayLatestEpisode intent) must be invoked using a normal invocation phrase."

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. alexa tone of voice for kids

Do Alexa has a tone of voice? like speaking in an excited way when talking to kids. because based from my experience as a human when I talked to kids I use tones to get their attention more and level the tone to their needs. I usually get their attention 80 percent of the time when I want them to listen to me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to play downloaded audio. Please

There is this video on YouTube thats about an hour of the video game Skyrim's beautiful ambiance, music, wind, and everything. I converted it to audio so that I can add it to my morning routine but couldn't which was a bummer but then I realized if I can't add custom audio I can't make a cool intruder alert routine which sucks as well. On top of that there is this song(selfish love by Stephane Huguenin) from a video game thats a remake of the original song and it's not there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow custom skill to use catalog

Allow custom skill to use catalog.

I want to make a skill similar to TuneIn but have more custom interactions. A music skill isn't custom enough. If I used a custom skill, I can't use catalog and would have to implement the search myself.

Effectively, we should allow a multi-domain skill

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.

I’d like to access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.
    Currently, it can only suggest a song title and album name, but customers can’t listen to the music while still my skill and must exit to access built-in skills for listening to it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base