Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alexa should know my birthday from my profile.

Alexa knows my name and address and other info. But when asked about my birthday or age, she has no idea. Such info is part of my account information. She should be able to call that info up and also be ready to wish me a Happy Birthday.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for more than one invocation name

I build skills for banks and CUs. In reality, some end users will include the term "bank" when they ask Alexa for something and others won't. I'd like the ability that for a bank skill, the main invocation name would be "XYZ United Bank," but that I can mask variations of this such as "XYZ United" that will also work. This is critical to user satisfaction!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. search function on dev portal

you need to put a beard feature for the list of skill so that people can find their skills when they create a bunch of them

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable multi-device gameplay

Currently gameplay is limited to single device. Communicating cross device — ex. Drop in — is available, but not gameplay. Being able to challenge/play multiple devices at different locations — rooms, houses, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can i connect Alexa with Wallmote and invoke Alexa by triggering without using wake up word.

I want to connect Alexa with wallmote in IOT, and want to wake Alexa when a switch has been pressed in wallmote, without saying the invoke word "Alexa", For this is there of any possibilities of writting trigger function in API's or event creation when button pressed in wallmote.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. InvalidSkillStage

When the skill is in the certification process, it shouldn't say that that there is a violation that requires re-building the interaction model. You can't build while it is in review.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to add custom channels in Video Skills

At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Friendly Payment Report Download

Hi - Please make the Payment report download more user friendly - currently it's difficult to read and doesn't actually 'download' just takes me to another page!
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An IAM permissions 'calculator' that generates a custom/baseline policy for external Skill Devs

Solely to address 'least permissive' practices during the engagement of a developer with an AWS account having been engaged to work to create a Alexa skill(s) on behalf of another AWS account.

Although some of the role templates in IAM are comprehensive, the concept of "Least permissive is always the best approach." 'could' be strengthened by being verifiable to a posted AWS best practice set of specific outlined activities.

The benefit is that a 3rd party sees that AWS has published those permission sets; the Dev. is able to refer to AWS distilling a best-practices starting point, and 'least permissive'…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Alexa Support Center Portal Request

It would be great if there was an Alexa Support Center Portal comparable to the AWS Support Center Portal.

This would make it much easier to submit and track any and all Alexa specific support requests beyond posting to the Alexa forums which is great for a variety of general to specific questions, but falls short for addressing specific account-related and proprietary questions and such.

Further, having this feature would minimize time and friction going back-and-forth between the AWS Support Team through the AWS Support Center and the Alexa Support Team through the Alexa Forums, Contact Us, Email, etc and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share Skill in Australia

Sharing skills in Australia?

How come we can't share a skill in Australia?!?!?!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allows text align on list templates

Allow for text to be top aligned in list templates.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3rd Party Skills in Templates

With the release of Skill Templates, Amazon has an very easy way to implement one of the most requested features: allow 3rd party skills to be invoked without saying an invocation phrase.

Templates should support 3rd party skills. The "Custom Q&A" Template allows Alexa to answer questions without invocation phrases (e.g., "What's dad's phone number?") It should also allow such questions to invoke 3rd party skills selected by the user.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Perform Account un-linking on behalf of your customers

Being able to proactively un-link your users when your access scopes change.

If for some reason you need to add a scope, you will have to tell your users to disable the skill and reconnect to allow access with the new scope in order to have access to your new features.

There should be a way to unlink all customers and force relogin for all existing customers so that they can re-login with the updated scopes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa App Builder Bug

BUG:
    When using LITERAL types the editor creates invalid json. If I add a slot of type LITERAL to an intent it automatically adds an invalid object to the types list:

"types": [

{
    "name": "LITERAL",
    "values": []
    }
    ]

The model validator complains that the values list can not be empty for a type, but there are not values for a LITERAL type. If I remove the object completely it fixes the schema.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base