Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location services in the UK

Can we have location triggers and similar services made available in the UK.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alexa, turn on blue shade or alexa, change brightness %

For devices with a screen such as the show and the fire tablet(with show mode). Should be able to activate blue shade or adjust the brightness amount(similar to being able to adjust volume levels) for areas where you might have a screened device in a darkened room and don’t want it at max brightness. I use a fire tablet as my bedside alexa device and have to manually adjust the screen brightness at bedtime so it’s not blinding in the dark.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow multiple Alexa devices (If called different names) to relay commands to the alternatively named Alexa

I have multiple Alexa's one is attached to hi fi simply called Alexa. The other is on my work bench called Computer. Would be nice to still be able to say 'Alexa' play xyz while at my workbench and have the device named Computer relay the command to the one attached to the hi fi without needing any other workaround commands like 'everywhere'

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Understand basic english adverbs

My grandfather uses alexa for menial requests such as the date and time, weather forecasts, reading the bible etc... However he often makes requests like such: "Alexa kindly <operation>" which she unfortunately doesn't comprehend. Is it possible to add some degree of adverb functionality/recognition in?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ”Hey Alexa”

I have a stutter, and find it hard to say any of the wake words easy. Could an option be added for users to say “Hey Alexa” rather than just “Alexa”

Whenever I say Hey Alexa, it doesn’t seem to recognise it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. interactive movie

I have a genius idea!!!
    I think they need to come out with a scary movie that is interactive with Alexa. So during the movie Alexa starts making sounds or playing music or turning lights on and off.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable "Alexa for Apps" from Echo devices

"Alexa for Apps" is fantastic; but the vast majority of users don't own compatible mobile devices. They own some variant of the Amazon Echo in most cases.

Please enable "Alexa for Apps" from all of the Amazon Echo models too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. for video doorbell, the video automatic live on alexa, short time.. just 10 sec!

for video doorbell, the video automatic live on alexa, short time.. just 10 sec! can make 1-2 mins

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improved Ring compatibility: motion snooze

Currently you can snooze the motion detection on the Ring cameras (when gardening etc.) but Alexa continues to shout notifications every 5 mins when someone is in the garden. This is not great for whoever stays indoors. Improving the compatibility so that Alexa also does not notify for movement when ring is in motion snooze would be great. Otherwise you have to turn the cameras off (not ideal) or mute each individual Alexa. Being able to snooze the motion of the cameras from Alexa would also be appreciated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Alexa understand two languages at time. Some of us are bilingual and would like to make commands in either or both languages.

Some of us are bilingual and would like to make commands in either or both languages. Sometimes it is easier to ask a question in one language and other times on another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. skill cedes control to subordinate skill without returning control (not Skill Connections)

I am building what amounts to a knowledge management app (what I would consider a major application opportunity for voice in the enterprise) for a Fortune 500 company prototyping Alexa as a front end to access information (APL submenus to navigate) from multiple subcategories of information. In order to accomplish this seamlessly a given skill needs to call another skill (ala Skill Connections) without returning control to the original skill. Per support, this apparently can not be done currently (Skill Connections returns control to the "requesting" original skill and does not cede control). Please consider adding what seems to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smart Home Devices and free text

It would be nice to be able to send arbitrary text to Smart Home devices, e.g. "Alexa send 'hello world' to my device".
    This could be useful for many classes of devices, e.g. whiteboards, banners...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alexa enabled device to connect all the sources (display port, HMDI) will allow me to switch sources with my voice vs touch clumsy monitor.

My idea would enable Alexa to input multiple PC monitor sources and give the ability to switch between them. It is so annoying to switch using under monitor buttons and KVM switches are so 1990's tech with tons of cables everywhere.

One Alexa voice to control them all so to speak. I imagine this could be done via either hardware or software installed on the PC that is Alexa enabled. Either way could provide further expand-ability but that's beyond the scope of this idea currently.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unread Notifications reminder for devices with screen

Please update the firmware of devices with screen for put an icons or visual sign about an unread notification.

On devices without screen you can see the ring turning up yellow, how about devices with screen??. Nothing!. Why not keep a yellow line at the bottom of the screen, or maybe more visually and icon just side the clock.

It's easy, please update this at the firmware soon.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alexa should be able to clear my history.

Alexa can clear your history by erasing everything you've asked her to do.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Additional APL Video event handler ideas

It would be useful if additional event handlers could be added to the APL video component to allow more control over the following situations:

onTimeout or onFailedLoad - Allows the template creator to have an event automatically fire in the event that the video source fails to load for a given period of time (something like 5 seconds, or potentially even a user-defined period).

onUnload - Allows template creator to fire an event when the video player is unloaded (such as when a new page is requested)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to Hide Top Bar in Browser

The top bar in Echo's Silk browser does not always disappear when scrolling up. There are some website where that feature does not work (ex. https://play.pocketcasts.com/). Please, either fix the automatic scroll up bug or add a button to hide top bar in Echo's Silk Browser.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Trigger\Call lambda from routine

Being able to call a lamda function from a routine would provide a high level of customization, and allow a person to trigger an action from an event. Currently you are forced to use only what is supported out of the box and cant build anything on top of that. Lamda calling would allow for that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Langauge development

You should increase the languages in Alexa.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base