Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow two way video for Echo show with WebRTC

Need two way video support using RTCSessionController to enable lot of skills, long with much needed Aira for Visually impaired. This is a much add feature and I hope low hanging for enabling accessibility using Aira.

https://aira.io

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove the conflict between Smart home device and Custom skill

Hi,

As I was creating a custom skill to control the TV through IR, after saying "Alexa, turn on the tv" it goes to the smart home skill section and says"No smart devices are found in your account" so As I was asking about this in forum they said this always will happen for custom skill you need invocation and all but if this feature is implemented it will be best.

You can have a checker or switcher which looks for smart home devices connection(In smart home skill) if none found it will search it in custom skill and after…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Two languages at the same time

Hello there,

it'd be excellent if Alexa could have two languages activated at the same time. For example, I'd love to have German and English activated and have access to the German and the US skill store at the same time.

Much obliged

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Echo show customizations for room type. Kitchen, bedroom, etc. Also echo link app controlling audio. Not so easy playing music

Example Alexa show in the kitchen having menu for recipes. For the bedroom things that would replace a phone (port home phone to echo) or an alarm clock, or remote. Echo link not so easy to play music. It will attempt to play on all other echo devices before going to link.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New Alexa interaction flow besides :tell and :ask - :ask-once

• Suggestion

Having a new flow in Alexa interaction:
    Prompt -> listen -> exit

• Problem

As you know, there are currently two main Alexa interaction flows:

:tell - Prompt -> listen -> end session

and

:ask - Prompt -> listen -> reprompt -> listen -> end session

This is quite sufficient, but sometimes there could be a use for a shorter interaction, where user is asked for something once. Alexa would listen for the response and if user says nothing it closes the session. This would be mostly useful at the end of the game, when asking user for some feedback,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. adsf

adsf

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hosted skills for everything

There should be the hosted skill option for all types of skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Blog blueprint for non-WordPress blogs?

How about a Blog blueprint for sites other than WordPress blogs? Why not any text-based RSS feed? (Blogger, for instance.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Standalone Wearable

We already have Amazon Dash Wand. Why not miniaturized it into a wearable like a fitness tracker (without the barcode scanner) so that we can have a standalone wearable with built-in Alexa? That way we can talk to Alexa wherever we are as long it is connected to the internet via WiFi (just like the Amazon Dash Wand).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Follow up email to assist account linking completion

Request:
    Amazon to send a follow-up email to users who used a skill that invoked account linking option so that they can complete the account linking from an email link instead of just in the Alexa phone app.

The current process is too disjointed. The user has to break off their voice session in order to fiddle about on the Alexa app. Conversion of account linking is terrible.

With this request implemented the user would be reminded about account linking at a later date via their email and could complete it whilst in a mode that is more appropriate to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have Alexa be able to spell certain words in commands through the Alexa App

Go ahead and try to get Alexa to play "Cantos Profane" by Richard Band. Or get it to call my friend Viktyr (No, I don't have any friends named Victor". Some things just require spelling, and Alexa does not accept spelling words out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alexa smart home skills with Mode.Controller need to be able to query current mode.

I am creating a smart home skill with the Mode.Controller. There needs to be a way to query what the mode is set to with voice. I see it in my alexa.amazon.com page showing the DeepQuery. But with voice the only response I get is I'm not quite sure what went wrong.. This would greatly help the user experience.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fire TV Sleep Mode or Timer

Allow Alexa to turn on sleep mode or countdown to sleepmode on Fire TV devices via voice command. I would like to be able to set routines, and give the command and my lights would shut off, my FireTV would go into sleep mode (or start timer).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alexa should know my birthday from my profile.

Alexa knows my name and address and other info. But when asked about my birthday or age, she has no idea. Such info is part of my account information. She should be able to call that info up and also be ready to wish me a Happy Birthday.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow for more than one invocation name

I build skills for banks and CUs. In reality, some end users will include the term "bank" when they ask Alexa for something and others won't. I'd like the ability that for a bank skill, the main invocation name would be "XYZ United Bank," but that I can mask variations of this such as "XYZ United" that will also work. This is critical to user satisfaction!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. search function on dev portal

you need to put a beard feature for the list of skill so that people can find their skills when they create a bunch of them

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable multi-device gameplay

Currently gameplay is limited to single device. Communicating cross device — ex. Drop in — is available, but not gameplay. Being able to challenge/play multiple devices at different locations — rooms, houses, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can i connect Alexa with Wallmote and invoke Alexa by triggering without using wake up word.

I want to connect Alexa with wallmote in IOT, and want to wake Alexa when a switch has been pressed in wallmote, without saying the invoke word "Alexa", For this is there of any possibilities of writting trigger function in API's or event creation when button pressed in wallmote.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. InvalidSkillStage

When the skill is in the certification process, it shouldn't say that that there is a violation that requires re-building the interaction model. You can't build while it is in review.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to add custom channels in Video Skills

At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base