Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Forcing a user to remember a skill name is counter-intuitive, bad experience and leads to low adoption rates.

PROBLEM: Forcing a user to remember a skill name is counter-intuitive, bad experience and leads to low adoption rates.

Examples :
    Alexa, tell Agent NEO to find my Home Value
    Alexa, tell Harmony to turn on my TV
    Alexa, ask AllRecipes for a Pasta Recipe

Proposed Solution:
    Alexa, find my home's value (Alexa knows that the skill Agent NEO that the user has enabled, can handle this intent)
    Alexa, turn on my TV (Alexa knows that the skill Agent NEO that the user has enabled, can handle this intent)
    Alexa, find a Pasta Recipe (Alexa knows that the skill AllRecipes…

123 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  7 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil) language support to Alexa (pt-PT and pt-BR)

Currently Portuguese is not supported by Alexa. One of the most spoken languages in the world (6th place). Please make sure to distinguish Portuguese Portugal (pt-PT) from Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR).

96 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  32 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Dutch Language

Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When will be able russian language?

When will be able russian language?

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alexa for Business availability in Tokyo

We develop skills for our enterprise clients. We hear a very high demand of using Alexa for Business in Japanese. Cilents wants expand their business support and training via internal and private skills. Looking forward to using Alexa for Business in Japan soon!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Document at least, and please work at least slowly on IDN

For SmartHome-Skills & German language, there has IMHO been no progress within the last 6 months. Undocumented non-support for certain languages e.g. for scheduling with ThermostatController is a No-Go. My preferred shortlist for german language support expansion: 1) Scheduling, 2) Sensors (Liters, Watt, kWh, mm etc.) to query all kind of numbers.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for multi languages on the same phrase.

Being a spanish speaker in US it's hard to ask Alexa to play your favorite spanish artist in Amazon Music. Things like: "Alexa, play Joaquin Sabina", are almost impossible today.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow 3rd party Alexa devices to change language in alexa.amazon.com

Allow Alexa-pi (raspberry pi with alexa installed) to change language in alexa.amazon.com... I have a German amazon account but I use Alexa (on my Echo) in english... But Alexa-pi defaults to German and I can't change it.... FYI... I use Reverb on mac as well and I have the same issue.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Romanian language

Add Romanian as a supported language so users can talk to Alexa in Romanian

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Speechcons in Spanish

Add compatibility to the Spanish language on the Speechcons of Alexa Skills Kit so we can also use interjections to make our skill's experiences better in the Spanish market.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How Alexa can recognize Hindi/Marathi names of river, city, mountain and many more like Ganga, Pune, Kalsubai etc

My question is related with India store of Alexa . In India river name, city name, mountain name could be pronounced differently per region in India and Alexa would recognize it differently. For example, ganga could be gangaa, gangga, ganges and many more. I tried entity resolution approach, however practically it’s not feasible to identify all possible combinations of spellings in advance to add as synonym in custom value. How can it be achieved ?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add sensor support to English (UK)

Add sensor support to English (UK)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Places Pronunciation for EN-GB

We are developing a custom skill for eurostar (Trains) and we notice when alexa speaks <speak>
    Lyon Part Dieu
    </speak>
    The speech is not accurate. I have find similar speech from google https://codepen.io/SteveJRobertson/pen/emGWaR which actually says Lyon in the proper way. Is there any change to improve that ? Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support all available Amazon Polly languages in Alexa SSML tags

As of today, Amazon Polly has a korean voice available. However, this language can not be used in the Alexa SSML lang markup.

Please consider supporting all available Amazon Polly voices in Alexa as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a German speechcon for "Menno".

Please add the German "Menno" to the German speechcons. I really need that! :-)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Recognize the correct pronunciation of words that are regionally/cultrally significant. ie: Māori, or Te Reo in the ANZ region.

This is applicable to other regions as well, but my local example is that many Māori words are used with in regular New Zealand speech. At a minimum the word Māori should be recognized when pronounced correctly. To clarify I am not asking for the complete model of the language

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base