Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alexa Routines to have a "Post HTTP" option for simple automation.

Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. QR Codes for Alexa Skills

Would QR codes work with Alexa Skills?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. location based skill recommendation

It'll be amazing if we can have location based skill recommendation. e.g.
    When saying "Find San Francisco skills", it will recommend related local skills for me

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to be able to rendering APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

I would like to be able to render APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display answers for skill reviews in the Alexa App

Currently users can vote for a skill and give a short review (sometimes with questions, sometimes faulty operations or the rating means another skill). As developer/or user you can answer to this review on amazon.com/de/co.uk etc.
    But it isn't displayed in the Alexa App! Nobody can see it except on the website. But only very few users know that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Skill Marketplace Icon At Bottom Of Alexa App To Get Skills More Visibility In One Click

Skill Marketplace Icon In The Bottom Of Alexa App Needed

I think the skill marketplace needs a one touch icon at bottom of Alexa app to get to the skills marketplace section, right now there are too many steps to find new skills in the app.

Having an icon at the bottom of the Alexa app would mean more exposure to skills.

The way things are right now it requires far to many steps to go to the marketplace.

Skills also need to have the ability to have feedback left on them by voice, the way feedback and reviews have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alexa alarm turn device such as a light on when alarm goes off

When you set an alarm and set it to play the radio, it would be good if you could get that alarm to turn on a device such as a light at the same time.

I currently have an alarm set, but then have to have a route created for the same time as the alarm to turn on the bedroom light. It would be great if this can be done in an alarm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow more than one customised action in a routine

Currently you can have one customised action at the end of a routine. It would be great if we could have more than one and have them anywhere in the routine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calendar Notifications - Support multiple echo devices

Right now, calendar notifications can only be sent to one echo device, but I want to send the notifications to several echo devices. Please implement a list of echo devices with a toggle per device to enable or disable Calendar notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Amazon Shopping Notifications Only to Specific Devices

There are certain echo devices that I don't want Amazon Shopping Notifications sent to, but it seems to be all devices in the amazon household or nothing. For feature reference, Alexa calendar notifications currently supports enabling notifications per echo device in my account. As a stretch goal, I would like every notification type to be configurable per device (Shopping, Announcements, News, Reminders, etc)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. default settings for smart devices within a group

When turning on a group the lights and other devices within the group are the same when switched off. Would be useful to have a "defaults" area where we can set the defaults. At the moment I have a routine called "office chill" which makes the light blue (among other things), then I say "turn the office off", but then when I say turn office on its still blue. Would want it to be white. I have a bunch of custom routines like "office on" but would be nice to have default option, ideally for all device options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Amazon.searchQuery with Alexa's result-based suggestions so that the user can respond based on the results

I need help with Alexa implementation.

That is, I want Amazon.searchQuery to return results from Alexa so that the user can respond based on the results.

The conversation should continue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add "Delete my devices" command and button

When debugging new skills and testing the discovery sometimes it's required a devices cleanup but there is no "delete all my devices" button or vocal command.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. alexa for kids app

The fire tablet does not allow use of the Alexa kids App to use for phone calls because of the parental controls. I was not able to sync the Alexa kids app to my childs profile. So it has been frustrating to take advantage of this tool. Please consider changing this feature to allow use from a childs profile. W

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bluetooth to speaker groups

I currently have a turntable hooked up to my sound system via Bluetooth to one of my Echo devices. I would like to be able to play the audio from my turntable on a speaker group, currently it plays just on the one Echo. This feature would also allow a user to play audio from a connected phone, tv, tablet, or computer on multiple Echos at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Read ALL the language settings of the mobile!

I have in my mobile set the following languages in THIS order:
    - Hungarian
    - German
    - English

The Alexa App however does not check this! Just the default system language Hungarian. So. Because this language is not supported, English will be set for the app. Why? It should take the first applicable, and this is German (living in Austria). Please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Video Call on Phone: On screen display timeout

When I use alexa app on my iphone and during a video call, if I have to move to another screen and come back to the Alexa video call, from that point of time, the screen times off and I have to touch the display to bring it on again. Can we ensure that during the video call, there is no time out and the display stays on until the video call is finished irrespective of if we moved away from the screen for a while or not?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base