Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. kindle fire groups

I would love the ability for my HD8 and other fire tables to be part of the group function within the app. This will allow for control over firesticks with a tablet as well as group tablets in music and room functions such as being able to say turn off lights in a room. I have tablets mounted in every bedroom in our house and unfortunately am missing these features

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Firestick Alexa app, speech via remote to text dispayed on TV screen for hearing impaired

On you Firestick remote, Say, "Alexa" then tell the Firestick Alexa, "Screen note", an on screen dialog box appears on the TV. then whatever you say into the Firestick remote appears in the dialog box. This would be an easy way to communicate with a deaf or hard of hearing person. With some time settable limits, 10 seconds, 45 minutes, or until dissmissed. It would also be a way to leave notes for others. I don't know if there is a way to make it display on OTA TV programing but that seems important.

Qmavam

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Decrease false triggers

have Alexa respond to “hey Alexa” (or hey Echo, or hey Amazon, or hey computer) like other AI assistants so Alexa won’t false-activate every time she hears her name or something like it in conversation or on the radio or on TV?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clarify the idea of groups and rooms

While in a minimalist approach to the Alexa app it may be fine, there is a big confusion that I have noticed across numerous friends and family members involving the idea that groups are basically how a user can group devices with an echo as a "room" idea. I think that either better guidance within the app should be included or a slightly modified system of organizing devices should be implemented. It seems that normal users do not realize that an alexa enabled device goes into a group with other devices to control them separately.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow echo show screen to be controlled from Alexa app without voice command

Being able to change an echo show's screen brightness remotely via the Alexa app or routine. Having to ask the display to turn off at night is awkward and frustrating. Maybe implementing screen dimming or screen off on a routine or as part of the device control within the Alexa app

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow family members from other countries to join household.

Allow family members from other countries join my household to control my smart home and Alexa. My home is based in Canada amazon.ca and his profile is in USA amazon.com. No purchasing or other features that’s country based for pricing but just home control etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Start APL animation with response and make it non blocking for user interaction

Why the current behaviour (animation (AnimateItem) starts after the Alexa speech) should be changed:
    -As long as the animation is playing the user cannot directly interact with Alexa, only if the user use the activation word he can interact again with Alexa, this could be confusing.
    -If the animation is more like a bonus or a visualisation to the Alexa speech it should start directly with the response.
    Solutions:
    -Set the animation to start with the response and not after the Alexa speech
    -Give developers two options, "start with response" or "start after alexa speech"
    -Separate the animation from the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reply of Intent confirmation

I am developing a skills and using intent confirmation, when I reply to confirmation then it takes only 'Yes' and 'No'.
    There are no any other option to use synonyms of 'Yes' and 'No'.
    I.e. For 'Yes' -> 'exactly', 'ok','yea', 'fine' etc.
    For 'No' -> 'Sorry', 'Not' etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Controlling Roku with Alexa using Python

Using Alexa to control Roku. There is an available app but it is only free for a few commands per month. Also tailored to my Roku channels and it has better navigation. Back end written in Python. Uses ngrok so my laptop is the back end so it can control Roku locally.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. profile

Need the ability to have all my kids see all echo devices in alexa app (should be aws orgs where all the devices roll up to parent account and then permission granted for devices to other house hold alexa users) to better utilize features such as going to a room and playing selected users playlist or to be able to control smart home features using alexa app as each child / adult has a different alexa login.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share and Follow Mechanics

The Alexa Voice Experience is such a solo experience.

Working out how to share and follow on Alexa is going to be success for Alexa's Skills.

Here is an example of the sharing mechanic:

"Do you want to share this forecast with your Mum?"

"Yes"

Alexa accesses user's address book.

Sends notification to "Mum's" phone via text message.

"Your daughter" wants to share her latest forecast with you?"

"Mum" clicks on notification link.

Link takes "Mum" to Alexa app and it enables the skill.

Alexa says "Your daughter wants you to know this forecast"

"Mum" hears Alexa talking.

Alexa says…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let skill determine between an invocation on the app, and physical device

Currently, the Alexa app will resolve a listen() call within 1-2 seconds, requiring the user to make an immediate reply.

A physical device will wait 8 seconds.

By knowing on which type of device I'm running I can add a few seconds of silence to the playback, to give a good user experience, without them having to upgrade the app. (Assuming a fixed version of the app exists.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. APL designed skills having a darker tint/overlay on listening mode seems to be a UX flaw. Why hinder visibility?

Why do APL designed skills have a dark tint/overlay on listening mode?
    This seems to be a UX flaw.
    Why hinder visibility of a skill designed to have a visible aspect?

The blue waving graphic should be more than enough to let the user know Alexa is listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alexa Routines to have a "Post HTTP" option for simple automation.

Simple voice control of DIY devices could be achieved if the Routines section of the Alexa App had an option to do an HTTP POST.

eg/ I have a home-made lamp (based on an ESP8266) which I currently control using a custom skill that drops the JSON payload to a Linux server which interprets it then does a HTTP POST to the lamp's URL with the required mode as a parameter. ("mode=candles"/"mode=off"/"mode=purple"...etc)

I could (and other hobbiests and educators could) much more easily have implemented this with an Alexa Routine identified by "make it candle time" with a line in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. switch accounts on ios companion app

I have a personal alexa account and now a work one. I have added my work account to my household via the companion app but my alexa skill does not function properly. I believe I have to switch accounts to be successful. The ios companion app does now allow account switching and I do not want to have to constantly switch accounts for work and for personal. Please make this less annoying.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable abilitng to see what’s playing on video devices via Alexa app

I can currently see what is music playing on devices through the Alexa app but I do not have the ability to see what’s being watched via my video streaming devices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View/Sort Skills that are Screen/Display Ready

It would be great to have way to see what skills are Echo Show/Spot/Any Screen and/or display ready.

Otherwise people don't know what skills are just going to be audio, or have visuals on them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sharable Q&A Blueprint Skill

Hi, I love the Blueprints option - it's perfect for what I want to do. However the MyQuestions blueprint as far as I can see is not sharable. Can a custom Q&A skill be developed which would be sharable? The other option I suppose is the share the account, but it would be awesome to be able to share.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disabling or Re-enabling the skill should not change device ID

It would be nice to have a feature that would not change the device ID, when a skill is Disabled or Re-enablied.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base