Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let skills send text notifications to the alexa app for users who have opted in

Similar to the mobile app store - let skills send updates on the alexa app to users who have enabled the skill and agreed to receive notifications from that skill. Would help so much with feature updates and retention and imo is not very intrusive. users can always opt out.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Repeat on school nights

There should be an option to either pick multiple days of the week or pick school nights for repeating routines and reminders. Those are different on school nights (Sunday - Thursday) than Friday - Saturday. It's a pain getting everything turned off and on for school breaks much less have everything mysteriously vanish as happened recently.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ukrainian language voice

Ukrainian language voice support

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Re-Use/Cascading a base state for duplicated events

With many intents that share baseline handling intents (help,cancel,etc.) it would be nice to be able to define all these at a top level, and have specialized states cascade down. e.g. Define NewSession state with all the default handlers. In a new, specialized state, SpecialState, you only define those intents that are specific to that state, and any non defined events cascade down to NewSession state.

This would allow more simplified code, as well as the ability to better maintain consistency through out experience.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for posting this request. Your request has been received

5. Vacation mode

I would like to be able to set scheduled vacations in the Alexa app. Especially for routines and Guard mode. When I leave home there is no way to turn off my routines that I don’t want to run when I’m away.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Retrieve Echo Device Name in LaunchRequest in addition to DeviceID

My live skill has customers who have multiple Alexa devices and I need to provide them a UI to tie a device with a particular task.

The problem is in LaunchRequest I get a device ID like this. amzn1.ask.device.AHKJQG7VUA6HX4FMMCRQYRFTTXTZACQAJVH3KRR5MBLNC64UQ7UMWH3FKSYAXMICNCWARKPUAPBOYXFMDZLXYQE5WJL4GMZUJX6S4JBXOE7ZCSKBH3T47C7UZ2W4Q3XPROSWKGANQHSPNRX5GQ5IIUH3VKTQ

If I show this in a dropdown to the customer to choose from, their brains will explode. Can you not pass us the friendly name of the device like "Ben's bedroom" or "Alice's living"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove devices when disabling an alexa smart home skill

When a user disable a smart home skill the devices connected to that skill are remain visible inside the Alexa app.

The user cannot control them:
    - in the app under each device the misleading error "server is unresponsive" is showed under each device.
    - if controlling via voice the user receives the response: "the skill linked with X is not enabled, please enable the skill to control this device".

still having the devices showed up is confusing for the user. That has to manually remove all the devices linked to the removed skill manually.

So my request is to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Operate Alexa from an external application.

I would like to be able to create skills to call users by using external applications as keys instead of waking up words.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. EXCEEDED_MAX_REPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest device type inconsistencies

EXCEEDEDMAXREPROMPTS/SessionEndedRequest does not behave on the Show appropriately - in fact it does not happen at all!

Makes SessionEndedRequest useless and means you can't code for a timeout to end the session and do cleanup then. The API should perform identically on all devices, or at the VERY LEAST the docs should articulate the differences

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trigger profile based on voice profile

If Alexa can tell who is speaking based on the voice profile, why cant it run routines for that user. Currently if my Alexa is on my profile my wife cant run her routines without having to ask Alexa to swtich profile

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Alexa available in Bangladesh

Please make Alexa available in Bangladesh even if it is in English. A lot of people are unable to use their Amazon devices because Alexa isn't available in Bangladesh.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Custom Text and Branded Button to Account Linking Successfully Linked Page

Alexa Account Linking should allow the developer to add some text, a button (color and text), and URL to the "Successfully Linked" page so user's can continue to a settings page after linking accounts.

See image at: https://twitter.com/marktucker/status/1204883082894925824

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share to alexa show

There should be a way to share a website or recipe that I find on my phone with my Alexa show in the kitchen. It seems like you are locked to what Alexa finds. My family uses different dinner delivery services and still have to prop our phones up to follow a recipe. Or a recipe my wife finds online and shares with me. This should be able to be shared to the app then uploaded to the show.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. QR Codes for Alexa Skills

Would QR codes work with Alexa Skills?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. location based skill recommendation

It'll be amazing if we can have location based skill recommendation. e.g.
    When saying "Find San Francisco skills", it will recommend related local skills for me

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to rendering APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

I would like to be able to render APL documents on Alexa Mobile app as a @viewPort profile. Any plan to support this?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display answers for skill reviews in the Alexa App

Currently users can vote for a skill and give a short review (sometimes with questions, sometimes faulty operations or the rating means another skill). As developer/or user you can answer to this review on amazon.com/de/co.uk etc.
    But it isn't displayed in the Alexa App! Nobody can see it except on the website. But only very few users know that

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Skill Marketplace Icon At Bottom Of Alexa App To Get Skills More Visibility In One Click

Skill Marketplace Icon In The Bottom Of Alexa App Needed

I think the skill marketplace needs a one touch icon at bottom of Alexa app to get to the skills marketplace section, right now there are too many steps to find new skills in the app.

Having an icon at the bottom of the Alexa app would mean more exposure to skills.

The way things are right now it requires far to many steps to go to the marketplace.

Skills also need to have the ability to have feedback left on them by voice, the way feedback and reviews have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base