Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Intent Grouping and Per-Intent Endpoints

This is a two part feedback.

1. For enterprise scale conversational apps, we need the ability to group the Intents by Domains/Business Lines (think Auto Insurance, Loans, etc.).

2. Secondly, the endpoint invoked by the skill should really be at the Intent Level rather than at the Skill level considering the Skill has multiple intents. Is this the future direction or are we expected to build an Intent Router on the backend to then relay the Intent Requests to appropriate APIs or lambda functions.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use payload V3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

Use payload v3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reprompt Webhook in case of SessionEnded Request due to ENDPOINT_TIME_OUT

Hi Alexians,

I am facing an issue with my use case. In my use case, it's sending some recommendation to users based on the query. The recommendations response takes sometime more time than expected and ends up with sessionEndedRequest Timeout. can it be possible for Alexa to send the same request as (like re-prompt customer ) rempromt alexa Skill which will invoke our webhook again and will send my response quickly this time because recommendations will be already in memory. It would be a great use case to handle session Ended Request. You may put a limit of reprompt alexa…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base