Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. integrate Alexa dev portal into aws console

While developing alexa skill I have to use 2 different portals (aws console and dev portal). Would be more convenient if I just had one

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for posting this request. Your request has been received

2. Voice Print Login with Amazon

Right now account linking is a very frictional process on Alexa. You can enable a skill with voice, but when you try to use it, you have to open the mobile app and log in. We could optimize this experience for voice by adding a voice-based login with Amazon. We already have technology that enables Alexa to tell who is speaking. We should extend that so users can log in with Amazon via their voice. The new UX could also help Log In with Amazon get more traction with developers.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide free hosting service for media used in Alexa skills

Some developers are experiencing high hosting costs after building skills our customers love. For instance, skills that use audio or video in their skills can get bills in the thousands of dollars. As a result these developers host their skills outside of AWS. We should provide a hosting service for media that is used in Alexa skills. Perhaps we can have some kind of special CORS config that is billed at a free or cheaper rate than non-Alexa skill media? This would encourage the creation of skills with rich media like multi-modal features.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update lambda blueprints to use ask-sdk

Currently, when selecting a blueprint, the default code includes alexa-sdk instead of the new ask-sdk.

The blueprints are useful when showing someone how to get started for the first time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. lambda trigger in sydney region

We are building a skill which is dependent on the API that can be accessed only from Australia. Currently if we deploy the trigger lambda in Tokyo(nearest to sydney), the API restricts the access as the request is made from Tokyo region.
    Can we expect the trigger to be present in Sydney region?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Let's encrypt certificates for OAuth servers used with Alexa account linking

Allow Let's encrypt as a supported certification for OAuth server used to account linking with Alexa home kit.
    Let's encrypt is a cheap and easy way to build fast and secure server certification. It could really help to quickly test an app and a server.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alexa basic functions with something like Greengrass

Alexa has enabled the disabled community, especially those paralyzed or with diseases such as ALS, to enjoy a level of freedom at a relatively low technical entry point. Out of the box, with very little configuration, these people can now reassume a level of control over relatively simple things in their lives which were not possible before. Something as simple as lights, music, television, temperature control or opening and closing doors. It has been an absolute life changer for my family.

The one drawback here is that if the internet goes down, Alexa is unable to fulfill requests. For something…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automated Deployment stages

Currently the process of managing different versions of lambda and interaction models is very painful. I bet most teams end up just having multiple instances of the same skill to simulate common deployment stages like "int" "test" "beta" or "production".

I'd suggest a feature which automatically maps different stages of the release process to different versions of the lambda and language model. In order to do this, to following would be required:

- Support versioning and aliasing of the Alexa models (etc) similar to AWS functionality
    - Support automated mapping between those alias, i.e. a skill tagged as "alias-1" will…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Endpoint link

New i/f is neat. Thanks.
    It would be good if you could add the link to CREATE a Lambda endpoint again (it was on the old console).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Skills hosted in India

The ability to host Custom Skills in Mumbai region

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MQTT, Can the Echo or similar device be a MQTT broker

My customer will own an Echo or similar Amazon device. The Alexa device is on the same local network as my device. They are not affected by Routers/Firewalls being on the same network (if they can talk to each other).

So... if the Alexa device can receive and transmit MQTT messages (Broker)
    then when the customer “utters” the trigger word Alexa sends an “intent” to the amazon skill.

But I also want Alexa to send a MQTT message to wake up my device, (which all takes place on the local network on customers premises).
    Then my device can poll my…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Alexa for Business - Lock down Calling to Address Book Only

As I deploy Alexa devices on our college campus, a few room profiles I want to provide explicit Address Book entries for the device to call, but I do not want the ability to call any phone number by providing numeric phone address.

-- Also please add "Alexa for Business" to the category drop down please (:

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BasicAuthentication support for Alexa MediaPlayer

Last versions of Alexa devices does not support basic authentication for MediaPlayer anymore. This is very usefull in cases you want to play password protected audio files.
    Here is an example of an url that does not longer work with new Alexa devices:
    https://user:password@server.com/file.mp3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add inputTranscript to Alexa Response.json

if an Alexa skill is not in production, add the inputTranscript attribute to the response.json. inputTranscript is used by Amazon Lex. In this fashion, one can use existing aws/lex tools to write automated tests ( context: I have the problem that my Alexa skill gives different answers based on whether I type the utterance or say it - although it is not quite ready my new tester using lex-runtime and Polly, will detect problems).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us-east-2

Please allow Alexa skills in the default Lambda region which is us-east-2

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Intent Grouping and Per-Intent Endpoints

This is a two part feedback.

1. For enterprise scale conversational apps, we need the ability to group the Intents by Domains/Business Lines (think Auto Insurance, Loans, etc.).
    2. Secondly, the endpoint invoked by the skill should really be at the Intent Level rather than at the Skill level considering the Skill has multiple intents. Is this the future direction or are we expected to build an Intent Router on the backend to then relay the Intent Requests to appropriate APIs or lambda functions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use payload V3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

Use payload v3 in smart home skill blueprint for AWS Lambda

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reprompt Webhook in case of SessionEnded Request due to ENDPOINT_TIME_OUT

Hi Alexians,

I am facing an issue with my use case. In my use case, it's sending some recommendation to users based on the query. The recommendations response takes sometime more time than expected and ends up with sessionEndedRequest Timeout. can it be possible for Alexa to send the same request as (like re-prompt customer ) rempromt alexa Skill which will invoke our webhook again and will send my response quickly this time because recommendations will be already in memory. It would be a great use case to handle session Ended Request. You may put a limit of reprompt alexa…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base