Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync video between devices

Video sync with multiple echo show and fire tv. I watch Hulu today show in bathroom getting ready, then go to kitchen would like same video on fire tv in kitchen, set up video groups like music groups

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more functionalities like next and previous to VideoApp directive.

I have tried working with the VideoApp directive. There are many limitations to it.

1) You cant move previous or next in it. Thus you can play only one video at once which is not feasible.

2) After the video gets finished, the session times out at different intervals every time.
    Eg. When video played the first time, the session remains active for a longer interval of time, when the video is played second time in the same session, the session remains active for a very short span of time. This is an unexpected behaviour.

I would request to add…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a video diary skill.

Be able to record video and have this video stored in a diary format. Also to be able to send/share this video. Could also use TTS for notation of content.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alexa sound reduction when activated to only the one device

So currently when I say ‘Alexa’, every single Alexa device pings and reduces volume, the one closest to me is still the one that is verbally responding but all devices are activated when the wake word is used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Help users avoid incorrect keywords

Example: I want to listen to the Troll soundtrack. 'Trolls' does not interest me. In 4 of 4 attempts, Troll was successfully heard, and Trolls started.

Usage:"Alexa, play Troll soundtrack, not Trolls" or "Alexa, play Troll soundtrack, ignore Trolls".

Alternatively, it could ask "Did you mean Trolls (Original Soundtrack) by varied artists or did you mean Troll?"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When are we having Spanish (US) Voice Language

Hi
    We need the Voice Language Spanish in the USA

Something like "Spanish (US)".

I have in mind this great skill for the Spanish speaking language in the USA.

Best
    Diego

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support DRM Streams in VideoAppLaunchDirective

Video Streams with DRM will lead to an error on Echo Show

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add timeOutSeconds to VideoApp API

When I use a VideoApp.Launch directive for streaming video, our application only starts streaming for about a minute before timing out, unless we "refresh" the stream. Once the stream stops, the echo says "Sorry, something went wrong". I would like to be able to end or refresh the stream before this happens so that this error condition does not occur.

I understand that there is a smart home interface that allows for live streams, but our skill needs to use certain other features that are not available in the smart home skill API, so this is not an option.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Channel property should include "item" attribute so device can respond back with title of item playing

Possible to add "item" to the "response" for the Alexa.ChannelController
    https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-channelcontroller.html

Current "channel" includes number, callSign, affliateCallSign as part of channel object.
    If you include something for the media, or item being played such as "item":{"title":"America's Got Talent"}
    then Alexa can use that to tell user what item is currently playing after the successful channel-change request.

It removes the need to include the MSO ID (GraceNote info) that Alexa speaks back to the user. (I.E. "Tuning to NBC, now airing America's Got Talent")

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-property-schemas.html#channel

Thanks,
    -Justin

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base