Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow skills to bind to a custom wake word.

Allow users or to configure wake words to use a specific skill as the context.

Probably best to use the skills installed as the wake word and have a finite list of currently active wake words.

Alexa, ask Lyft how much a Lyft Plus from home to work
    becomes
    Lyft how much is a Lyft Plus from home to work

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide programmatic access to device wake word

Allow skill builders to reference the wake word for a device when sending responses back from a skill.

This would allow skill builders the ability to include precise instructions for how to use the skill or Alexa 1p functionality to their customers.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linking multiple accounts to a single skill

It would be useful to be able to link multiple accounts to a single skill, e.g. a third-party authenticated music service that allows tracks to be added to a Spotify playlist.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. switch user accounts

I am creating a skill which lets users record personal events (like what they eat whenever they eat something). In our home we have two accounts. It would be bad if one person recorded to the other person's account. So it would be very helpful if my skill could ask the user their name, determine what the current account is, and if it is not the account of the user, switch to the account of the user.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Smart home skill for thermostat, schedule not active - error message for resume schedule command

I want a custom error for the case when my thermostat is not in a scheduled setting. For this, I wanted to use the "NOT_IN_OPERATION" error type but i don't get a very clear message. I would like something like: "The thermostat does not have any schedule to resume"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base