Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow render template directives during dialog directives

Currently, if a dialog is mid progress, it overrides any displays that we may want to show relating to the dialog. Would greatly enhance user experience on multi-modal skills.

88 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  13 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Mirror Alexa Screen on connected devices

It will be great if we get the capability to mirror / extend / cast the content (video and/or Text) shown on an Alexa Spot or Show screen onto a connected (bigger) screen.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Font Color in places where Font Size is Supported

Adding the ability to specify a font color in addition to the existing font size would be very helpful. I was developing a test skill for my company an on the prompt I used the company logo as a background image. Unfortunately the logo is on a field of white and the text was invisible since the display font is white with no option to change it. I naively assumed I could put a rich text option <font color="black"> into the text but discovered there is no such option. Just the size. Color setting would be very useful for Cards,…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ListTemplate2

Our skill uses ListTemplate2 to display lists of customer-created images, with list sizes ranging from 3 to more than 20 in some cases. Each list item comes with descriptions that we send to speechOutput.
    As the skill speaks the description (TextContent/PrimaryText), the outputSpeech soon begins describing slides that are no longer on screen. Our users have reported that this is confusing.
    We tested a "paging" solution, where the skill would only show three images at a time (using next/previous intents), but also received negative feedback (generally, too confusing to keep track of what they've seen, where they are in the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. card

I would like to format the card so that the picture of the item can occupy the big area in the card. I really appreciate if the alexa service lets us allow use style language like css3 to layout the contents on the home card.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Feedback cards type

- Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature to add cards, where user could input their feedback in text about the skill.

- Problem

Currently it is really hard to get feedback from the user about their experience with the skill, did they like, did they not etc. The only way to get it is to expect that someone would leave a written review in the skill store. The thing is, that leaving a written review is quite a long process currently, because user has to go the skill store, find a skill, write a review and only then…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Review cards type

- Suggestion

It would be great to have additional card type to the ones that we already have, which would be 'Leave a review' card. It would be a card with stars on it, which users can press to give a review from 1-5 and could enter their review.

- Problem

This would help skill developers to get more reviews and at the same time, more feedback. Currently it is a chore to leave a review for the skill, because user has to go to the skill store, find it and write a review. This would make things easier.

Another…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Location based cards/screens

I would like to have the option to show a location in the Alexa App or the Echo Show/Spot. Sure I could embed a picture of a map, but it would be nicer to have a platform feature for that. That could have a nicely branded map with the Alexa specific colors schema. Cool would be also links to navigation based on the capabilities of the device. I am thinking here about cars which navigation systems or Google Maps on normal Android devices.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customized ListTemplate Visuals

I was looking to personalize a little bit the ListTemplate2 but i couldn't do it.
    My suggestions is to add some options to ListTemplate :
    - Show/Hide list number
    - Center/Align text with picture

Here is how i wanted it to looks like : https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/178513/customize-listtemplate2-dont-show-numbers.html

I think some other features that i don't have in mind now can also be added, in order to help creator personalize their content in the Echo Show.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base