Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar based skill that can be triggered autonomously

Hello,

I have a simple python app running on a server that creates few daily reminders on a google calendar [based on some logic]. Alexa is then linked to this google calendar (say via the mobile app).

* I'd like if Alexa can play a sound (custom or not) whenever a reminder on the calendar is due (or execute a specific skill).

I can invoke Alexa (voice command etc.) to tell me what is on my calendar, but this is not exactly what I want. I just want Alexa to play an alarm/sound [skill here] each time there is a…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expose Calendar APIs in Alexa SDK

Expose Calendar APIs in Alexa SDK. We are building a voice enabled assistant for real estate agents. We would like the skill SDK to expose calendar-related api's. We are assuming you must have such an API internally to abstract support for multiple calendar providers.

We really like the built-in calendar support that is provided using your direct calendar linking feature. However, we can't use it. We chose to build our own calendar access into our skill to access google calendar API's programmatically, rather than using Alexa's built in calendar linking. The reasons we took this approach are:
    1) We integrate…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expose calendar API's in the skill SDK to access direct link calendar

We would like the skill SDK to expose calendar-related api's. We are assuming you must have such an API internally to abstract support for multiple calendar providers.

We really like the built-in calendar support that is provided using your direct calendar linking feature. However, we can't use it. We chose to build our own calendar access into our skill to access google calendar API's programmatically, rather than using Alexa's built in calendar linking. The reasons we took this approach are:
    1) We integrate calendar appointment information with other data from backend system api calls into one intent. An example is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendars  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple calendars of the same type per user

Could the ability to add multiple calendars of the same type per user be looked at. For example I can currently add my 365 calendar for work or my separate one for home but not both.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delegate an intent handler to the default alexa calendar processor.

We would like if there were a way for our skill to delegate an intent handler to the default alexa calendar processor. We are building a voice enabled assistant for real estate agents.

1) We integrate calendar appointment information with other data from backend system api calls…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delegate an intent handler back to Alexa for calendar processing

We would like if there were a way for our skill to delegate an utterance to the default alexa calendar processor. We are building a voice enabled assistant for real estate agents.

1) We integrate calendar appointment information with other data from backend system api calls into…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base