Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional finance-related Proactive Event Schemas

To increase customer engagement and provide seamless voice experiences for finance and banking skills, you should consider some of these:

BillDue
    BillPastDue
    CardActivation -- new card is ready for activation
    CardExpiration -- current card is due to expire
    PaymentRequestMade -- Venmo/ Zelle request made
    PaymentRequestReceived -- Venmo/ Zelle money received
    NegativeBalance
    StatementAvailable
    FraudulentActivityNotification

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. (Longer) Interval Timers

I want to create a skill that similarly to the Personal trainer Blueprint (https://blueprints.amazon.com/bp/amzn.ask.bp.bb47849a-cb85-4dd0-a49b-77c9a782bbc9?ref=askbphome1_6) allows for timers with ticking sound to be created for more than 90 seconds.
    Example: start exercise A for 3minutes... ticking noise, then Alexa goes to exercise B for 1 minute, then C for 5mins, etc.
    All this without the hack of playing an audio file of the intended time length.

References:
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/80715/exercise-timer-alexa-skill.html
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/181008/setting-an-interval-timer-in-custom-skill.html

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have more flexibility for alarms

It is currently not possible to schedule alarms that repeat only on specific days (i.e. Monday and Thursday only) without creating separate alarm entries for each day. It would be nice to have the ability to create an alarm, and then choose which days of the week specifically you want the alarm to repeat.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable (only) next recurring alarm without multi-part interaction.

A recent update is the ability to silence a recurring alarm, but the interaction is tedious. I should be able to say “cancel next 10PM alarm”. Simple! Instead I have to say “cancel 10PM alarm”, wait for her to say “do you want to cancel this alarm forever?” and reply “no!” The keyword “next” should sufficiently describe my intention. Please add this functionality.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add labels to alarms

Allow alarms to have a label.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Named alarm groups to turn on several alarms at once by one command

"Alexa turn on my "alarm group name"

Alexa could respond "Okay ive turned on your alarms in the "group name" group

Alarms could be added or removed from groups with voice command

And they could also be managed from the alarms and timers section of the alexa app.

(This would be best for individuals who tend to sleep through a first or second alarm)

Possible expansion on this idea is we could have alarm sounds by group or specify the sound for each alarm to give some different noises in case one sound doesnt wake us up another different sound…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reminder event

As a developer, I would want the same API event like list event to synchronize Alexa reminder with third party app.
    The event will give add, modify or removed reminder event and the ability to add modify et remove reminder in Alexa app.
    Actually I can access only to reminder that my skill create, I would want access to all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base