Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Skills by an Alarm

This feature would be similar to playing music with an Alarm but it would open a skill.

124 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for posting this request. Your request has been received

2. Alexa, Turn on/off 'device' in "x" minutes

Using timer trigger for this will help. Currently, you can only achieve this by defining a specific time.

This is especially useful for devices that would normally be set to the default position of "on" and I don't want to forget that I temporarily turned it off.

Alternatively, you could give us the ability "if off, turn on in 'x' minutes".

Also useful because default position in most switches is 'off' after power outage. Right now, I'm running a 'turn on' once per hour in case of power failure.

I'd really like to get it down to 10 minutes but…

97 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. have independent volume settings for timers and alarms

Reminders, timers and alarms should allow for individual melodies and volume levels.
    A timer should be louder to be heard in noisy environments. A wake up alarm should be set much lower as sleep environments are quiet.
    This especially applies to wake up alarms coupled with radio stations or other music.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter! We’ll get this routed over to the appropriate internal team for review.

4. The ability to set an alarm in one room to go off in another room.

Set an alarm on Echo in one room, say the kitchen to go off in another room like the bedroom.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reminders/Timers/Alarms EVERYWHERE

Due to having multiple Dots/Spots...I would like to have the choice to set my Reminders, Timers, and Alarms "EVERYWHERE" like we can do with music. For example, if I have a timer set with the Kitchen dot and I am in another part of the house, I would hear the timer go off on all other dots. That way I never miss an alarm, reminder or timer. I love my Alexa products. Thank you for all of the skills you provide.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dismiss an upcoming recurring alarm without removing the whole series

User should be able to dismiss an upcoming recurring alarm without removing the whole series.

E.g. I have an alarm set at 9:00 am everyday. I wake up at 8:40 am in a particular day. The only way to prevent it from ringing at 9 am is to completely disable the series through the application, and then enable it again after 9 am, or remove the series completely by voice and then set up the series again after 9 am.

This is a very basic feature that every single user misses.

Thanks,

Fernando

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Play reminders and alarms on all devices or grouped devices/control which reminders and alarms play on which devices

A reminder is of little help if it plays in the kitchen when I'm in the bedroom. My 84 year old Dad needs reminders for many things but found that buying multiple devices does not allow those reminders to playback from all devices. Need a way to set reminders, alarms and even timers to play from all devices or ideally a matrix can be setup to choose which reminders play from which devices.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to turn on/off an Echo alarm with a smart home sensor or switch.

It would be useful to allow smart home partners like Smartthings to turn off an alarm set on an Echo. For instance; if a motion sensor detects motion then turn off alarm so no voice control is necessary.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn a light on as an alarm device for hearing impaired

Alexa, set alarm for 7:00 am tomorrow.
    - Ok, which method would you like me to wake you with?
    (user chooses alarm, radio, light, or other method) ie light
    - Ok, I will wake you at 7:00 am tomorrow by turning on the light.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Smarter reminders: let me ask "What time am I supposed to X?" or "What time is X?"

With a human assistant, I could say "Remind me at 2pm to pick up Gerald," and later ask "What time am I supposed to pick up Gerald?" or "When did I ask to be reminded to pick up Gerald?"

These would be good natural speech patterns to support,.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request time remaining on any device

I can set a timer on device A. When I ask device B how much time is remaining, it tells me no timers are set. When the timer is ringing on device A, I can tell device B to stop, and it stops the timer on device A.

I would like to be able to request the time remaining from any device, instead of having to address each timer individually on a per-device basis, but then have control over any timer from any device. This is inconsistent and has lead to frustration multiple times when I have to yell across…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Proactive AMAZON.CustomAlert (like AMAZON.WeatherAlert)

Give Developers the possibility to send custom alerts to single devices with just a text and an own alarm mp3/audio file.

Eg. "Movement in Basement detected" or "Smoke Alarm in Garage triggered"

I've been waiting for this since it was announced years back, for
    our Fire Fighter Departments to extent the notfication people at home, etc about Emergecy Calls.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a weekly recurring reminder on multiple days of the week

I think we should be able to set weekly reminders on multiple days of the week, like this:

"recurrence":{
    "freq": "WEEKLY",
    "byDay": ["MO", "FR"]
    }

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Feature request: Add announcement of time to Alarm in addition to sound going off.

When an alarm goes off, it should also announce the time so that you can quickly understand what time it is, and not have to check the clock etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. alarm

I think we should be able to access alarms in skills, if we want to play custom .mp3 or something like that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend reminders options

Extend reminders options

Please consider adding new functionality to reminders like yearly recurrence to create birthdays reminders for example. Now you can only created reminders repetition on a weekly basis, but no for longer periods (monthly, quaterly, yearly,...).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Proactive Event Schema for Price Alerts (useful for finance skills involving stock/commodities etc.)

One very useful Proactive Event Schema would be one that helps notifying the user about price changes of stocks, commodities, cryptocurrencies etc. (finance/business skills, in general). Currently, using the existing schemas this is not possible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. (Longer) Interval Timers

I want to create a skill that similarly to the Personal trainer Blueprint (https://blueprints.amazon.com/bp/amzn.ask.bp.bb47849a-cb85-4dd0-a49b-77c9a782bbc9?ref_=ask_bp_home_1_6) allows for timers with ticking sound to be created for more than 90 seconds.
    Example: start exercise A for 3minutes... ticking noise, then Alexa goes to exercise B for 1 minute, then C for 5mins, etc.
    All this without the hack of playing an audio file of the intended time length.

References:
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/80715/exercise-timer-alexa-skill.html
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/181008/setting-an-interval-timer-in-custom-skill.html

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove ‘try it’ suggestions on echo show home screen

Please can we voice out our frustrations to allow users to deactivate the ‘try this’ ideas on the echo show home screen. Loads of forums have suggested this but seems Amazon are not listening.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wakeup alarm Event

I would want an api and event to access wake up alarm.
    Like list does.
    We would synchronize wake up alarm with third parties app and create intelligent wake up alarm for exemple with sleep track skill.
    Wake up alarm event would be : Add, modify, remove
    Wake up alarm api would : Create, modify or remove

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base