Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API for custom skill / flash briefing usage statistics

Currently, it’s impossible to get any data about the flash briefings usage at all. It’s crucial to know at least number of unique listeners and number of plays during some period of time.

For the custom skills we are able to count the requests and sessions ourselves, since we host the backend for a skill, but still, there are a lot of tricky points, for example we are not able to distinguish requests from the certification team, so we count them as usual requests from Alexa users.

I think that's a super basic functionality that really breaks the experience for…

100 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  9 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metrics Reset on Update Skill

Why do the metrics reset when you publish a new version?

So I had all this great data on users and plays of my flash briefing skill, and I made a minor change to the icons, and published that, and now all the metrics reset to 0.

This is super disappointing as it was motivating seeIng my users and plays grow. If they are reset to zero each update, I won’t update a skill because all that matric data is lost.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Users utterances

It's important to see what utterances users say to train our intents

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better review visibility

It would be great to see reviews of your skills in the developer console.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reviews and Ratings

Hi,
    It would be nice if I can see the ratings and reviews given to my skill in the developer console.

Thanks,
    Parag

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add support for users to rate skills and leave reviews using VOICE

The current review system is flawed. You build a wonderful voice platform for users that appreciate voice-first interaction. Why on Earth would you make a user that (may be) wants to leave a review for a skill go through a series of steps that are common for a smartphone app or an actual product but got nothing to do with voice-first experience:
    Find phone, open (slow) Alexa app, go to skills, find the skill, type in the review. Or even worse do it from the Amazon's website.
    No wonder Dashbot report (https://www.dashbot.io/2018/10/16/alexa-skill-ratings/) shows that 95% of the 40000…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Analytics for the lifetime of the skill

In the analytics tab, there should be a way to easily see how many total unique users have your skill enabled. Maybe add a Time interval that goes all the way back to when the app first launched?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Downloadable CSV of ALL skills

Downloadable CSV file with metrics for all skills in it. User can then pivot and analyse data much faster.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. metric reporting on views/skill exposure and conversion rate

This metric is important to skill owner

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Roll up Skill Stats

Global stat tracking. I would love to be able to roll up statistics about usage (intents, requests, etc) of alexa apps into one dashboard. For example, if I have three apps, it would be useful to see my stats individually OR as a group I could set.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to view analytics on a blueprint skill

I have a flash briefing skill that I made in blueprints and i'm not able to view any analytics on that said skill. So for the last 2 weeks, I've been updating my flash briefing but I still don't know if anyone subscribed to my skill or even listening. I would love to be able to see how many subscribers I have or any engagements. Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for a shorter time window for intent history

The intent history tool is currently aggregated as a rolling window that goes back 30 days and covers any day where at least 10 unique users used the skill. Unfortunately, there is no way to view data from a smaller, more recent window. This is particularly troublesome for iterative design, as the process to enhance your intent model is extremely slow, something like:

-Use Intent History to find cases where users are hitting the wrong intent, and fix skill (1 day)
    -Certification (1 week)
    -Wait for Intent History to clear out utterance misfires that were part of the rolling window…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Measure impact of CanHandleIntent

Need a way for developers to measure the impact of CanHandleIntent

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature Request: Log Failed Invocations

It would be great to show failed invocations in the analytics pane. Having the text that was used when the FallbackIntent was called would be really helpful to improve the model of the skill and improve it further.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Analytics - breakdown by device

breakdown analytics to show usage by content for devices model - i.e. echo, echo show, echo dot, echo spot

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Measure with Graph

This may have been posted, as I am not looking into the forum but am posting the idea from within my console... when it comes to the Measure section since the update I can no longer seem to find a line graph representation of my data. Can that be brought back? If inquired about already may this serve as an addition to populace of change.

Also, if it's here and I'm not seeing it then something in the UI isn't intuitive.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated reports for analytics

Request for a new option.
    I need a way to automatically export reports from the "Measure Skills" page. Could you get this feature in there?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Custom Alexa metrics

Being able to emit custom metrics from your skill would be amazing. I want to know what words were used to fill slots so I can have a list of which were the most popular words used. Using one of your own examples, if a user used a Horoscope skill, you could see that Scorpio was requested 12 times this week.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Measure data is not matching in new and old console.

Measure data is not matching in new and old console.

In old console, unique customers are less but Sessions & utterances are more compared to new console.

I don't think it's not possible to have less users and more utterances.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base