Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow skill to add Amazon product to shopping cart

With the easy integration of Amazon, allowing skills to add items to shopping cart would be a great way for skills to improve monetization experience. Voice advertisement experience is bad, skills would recommended products at the right time and it's a win for user, developer and amazon.

It could be a similar experience like the in app purchase.

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Worldwide Monetization of Alexa Skills

If you want to attract talent from anywhere in the world, you need to make the revenue possible anywhere in the world as well, as the viral interaction of that culture leads to the spreading of Alexa to other cultures around the world.

This feels like a handicap and a reason to develop for the competition.

We came up with 2 x creative ideas to monetize our Skill, only to be told of Alexa's limitations.

1. Add a Amazon Kindle book to the users cart within the Skill. The Skill is not supporting the retail flow of Amazon products. Which…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Payments

Right now, you won't allow us to text a link to a page that accepts donations. We work with lots of non-profits and political groups for whom a skill that enables users to say, "Donate" and just get a text to the donation page would be highly valuable.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subscription Cancellation Notification

Currently, when a user cancels a subscription, no signal is sent back, so developers have no way of knowing who is currently subscribed, making it impossible to have an accurate member list. This also makes it impossible to analyze churn and a number of other metrics. We want to improve the experience of our subscribers and a big step in that is understanding who cancels.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Request: Allow ISP Entitlement below 99 cents

I have a new skill which is getting great traffic. It has an ISP Entitlement option offering additional content. I am seeing MANY customers opening the purchase intent, but when they hear the price, they are saying "No" to actually purchase.

I think this is because there is a mentality that amazon skills are free and they don't want to pay anything. I decided to lower price down to 49 center (which I guess would be 30 cents for Prime Members). I expected this would net me 19 cents on each purcahse.

My logic was that I would rather have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simply allow not-free skills

If I'm not wrong, we (I'm French, so I'm speaking about possibilities for French skills) can only submit free skills.
    I also understand that in the future (soon I hope) we will be able to have in-skill purchase feature.

But: I would like to simply have the possibility to make non-free skill, that the user have to pay before downloading (as for classic phone apps)
    The skill should be submitable as free skill, in order to let the first users testing it and rating it freely, and then to switch to not-free just by changing an option (users already having…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Amazon Pay in Mexico

Amazon Pay is the only option for payment option as of now in Alexa. For Mexico, Amazon Pay is not available.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Testing of ISP for a different country

As a UK based developer, for months I've been unable to test my In-skill Purchase solution. I can now do this for the UK (finally), but I still cannot test my US version. This should be made possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sandbox

Is there a sandbox environment for testing Inskills purchasing?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to set up different payment info for earnings from different geographies

Currently all Amazon earnings from Alexa have to paid into the same bank account - please could developers have the option of directing Amazon US earnings into a US account, and EU earnings into another to save losing money on currency conversion.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base