Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add confidence score for ER_SUCCESS_MATCH

If you could include a scoring (percent) in ER_SUCCESS_MATCH for synonyms it would be very helpful to either guide the dialog to get more information, or make a best effort attempt for the end point to fill in the blanks.

This would allow us to make our endpoints trainable based on user feedback.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapse "Save Model" and "Build Model" to a single paradigm

When creating or editing a custom interaction model, it's very annoying to have to save and rebuild the model in order to test out changes. I understand building the model can take several minutes, but I often find myself forgetting to save before building and wondering why my changes aren't showing up on the device.

A better paradigm might be to just call the button "Save Model". On click, save changes immediately, start a build, and notify when the build is done. If clicked again before the build is done, cancel the running build (or just remove the notification from…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thanks a lot for submitting this request. Your request has been received.

3. Enable custom slot validation for multi-turn dialogs when using manual delegation to provide a default.

The use case is described in the docs here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/delegate-dialog-to-alexa.html#default-value-example

The exception being that I'm using a custom slot with validation (entity resolution). If I send a response back with Dialog.Delegate and include the entity resolution in that response, it's ignored by the Alexa service.

A more complete description of the issue with example code can be found here: https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python/issues/85

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add user's original text (the ASR result) to Request Body

Add user's original text (the ASR result) to Request Body.
    I'm developing a game skill,which has many questions with several option.I need user's orginal text to match the option .

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. From Display.ElementSelected be able to start Multi-turn Dialog

Let's say you have a MakeReservationIntent that has multiple required slots that need to be filled through multi-turn dialog. This skill is for the Echo Show/Spot and when on the LocationDetail screen you can call MakeReservationIntent by saying "make reservation". On that same screen, you want to have an action link that when clicked would start the same reservation process.

Provide a way that tapping the action link could invoke the MakeReservationIntent or at least the same multi-turn dialog so that the result is the same.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support APL Directives and Dialog Directives in the same skill response

Not having this holds back multimodal skills.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Detect accent for voice command

As part of set up the user says some key phrases so alexa can detect your accent and then respond to your voice commands despite regional dialect. I'm from the North of England and either get ignored or it doesn't do what I asked. Very frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. insert follow-up/connective tissue dialogue in multi-slot elicitation

When using Alexa dialog management to collect multiple required slots within a single intent, I wish there was a way to insert some custom dialog after the slot's been filled before moving on to the next slot elicitation. You could achieve this via Slot Confirmation, but then the user has to verbally confirm before dialog management moves on to elicit the next slot. An easy way to add bits of connective tissue/followup dialogue after a slot has been collected would make the entire interaction much more natural and less robotic. Imagine a travel agent skill with {City} and {Date}. Currently…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the skill invocation or starting phrase "Go To"

Add the skill invocation or starting phrase "Go To", as in 'Go To <Invocation name>'. It would add another start phrase that naturally flows with many invocation names and is a phrase that many users would expect to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Intent/Slot ConfirmationStatus as UNKNOWN or UNCERTAIN

As far as I know, Intent/Slot ConfirmationStatus can only be answered as yes or no. Please correct me if I am wrong. It would be great to handle the answers like "I don't know", "who knows" or something like "maybe", "probably" etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow multiple dialog directives

Currently it is not possible to update dynamic entities during a dialog. It would be great to be able to return Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities in combination with Dialog.ElicitSlot or Dialog.Delegate for example.

A related request is:
    https://alexa.uservoice.com/forums/906892-alexa-skills-developer-voice-and-vote/suggestions/33250507-allow-render-template-directives-during-dialog-dir

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Number of reprompts in a variable

Put the number of reprompts as a parameter in dialog delegate. Then the developper has the hand on how many time Alexa has to reprompt the user for getting the slot validated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto Dialog Delegation Setting for Intents

Auto Delegate Dialog Completion Setting in the Interaction Model would be a great feature to have. Currently, all IN PROGRESS dialogs are sent to the http/lambda endpoint incurring a trip to the lambda/function only for the lambda/function to respond with a fixed Dialog.Delegate response. Granted in some scenarios you want to update the intent, however in most cases if all we want to do is let Alexa handle the dialog completion, I would like to save the Lambda/Function invocation. While creating the Intent, I would simply like to check a box that says "Let Alexa handle dialog completion".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. send responses to alexa without intent while session is still open

I am creating games for alexa. During the game I keep the session open until the game is over. But it is almost impossible to create multisuer skills. Interaction between players is impossible. Imagine You want two players to fight each other:
    First player hits the second one, but the second player wont notice until he starts a new intent.

It should be possible to send messages to the echo while the session is up. Then I could inform player 2 that he has been hit and he can react.
    To improve this it should be possible to increase the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. identify what was the invocation used by the user to begin the interaction with Alexa

Hello! I am sure, my feature request would help many developers.

I am creating a learning skill which is giving learned information to the user.

For the skill to know if it either should learn or give information, it would be important to know if the user has invoked the skill by saying tell or ask.

Example: tell skill where America is - ask skill where america is

So please: Alexa should send the invoking keyword to the skill!

Thank You for Your attention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dialog Builder Tool

I think it is very hard to design a complete and complex Dialog. Happy Paths are easy and I already used the tool Storywriter but it's not a clear way. You always forget an error Path and you never know what crazy stuff a user might say at a point. You are developing and recognize: Oh man, I need to talk to the product owner again, what to do in this special case.
    It's very hard to work when developers and product owner are working together on that dialog. It's such a time waist.
    I would love to use a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base