Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support to SetNavigation directive in nativally.

Currently I saw the model doesn't offer support to SetNavigation directive natively, so to use it's needed an work around to do this.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using a skill's supported invocation phrases should enable and lauch into the skill.

Currently when attempting to interact with a new skill that has not been manually enabled with either "{launch word} {skill name}" or "{Intent} with {skill name}" Alexa will respond that she does not know. The platform should support matching on skill name and either auto enable the skill or prompt the user to enable and use the skill. If the user chooses to enable the skill, then immediately launch into the skill. This would reduce friction points from a user perspective and better support new skills on the marketplace. When Alexa merely responds with not knowing how to react to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Person name is not taking properly

I want to make an alexa skill which takes two person names and test the love percentage. But what I came to see that alexa is not accurate when it comes to the person name. Is there a way that I can give the person name using spelling For example : I want to give 'Tejasai' as a slot but alexa is taking it as 'Tejas', Instead I want to give slot (or input) as
    'T' 'E' 'J' ' A ' 'S' 'A' 'I'

(spelling out each individual character) and it has to take the input as ' TEJASAI'.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wait for further questions without wake up word

Listen for further questions without the wake up word after Alexa answers a question.

Wait for stop order without wake up word when alarms sound.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Follow me

When I have asked Alexa to start playing a CD in one room, but I am moving to another room, I don’t want to restart from the beginning. I want to be able to say “Alexa, follow me to the kitchen” and have what I was doing in the living room appear instead in the kitchen. If I am going back and forth a lot, it may be nice to be able to say “add the kitchen” and have it play in both places, but then be able to remove one device by saying “stop playing in the kitchen”. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't require constant customer dialog interaction for long-form content

I would love to see some improvement to the possible interactions that can occur between an Alexa skill and customers. Currently, it relies heavily on a back and forth dialog with customers, but isn't well-suited to long-form content (like articles, which I'll use as an example throughout going forward). I'd like to be able to return a relatively small amount of an article at a time, and react to events emitted by the Alexa infrastructure that allow me to prepare the next chunk of the article and present it to the customer seamlessly, without any interruption.

Say we have a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Name-Free interaction for Private Skill

We will like a Name-Free interaction for Private Skill.
    Since more users will use private skill, Name-Free interaction can make people easy to trigger and use private skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interaction model size

Increase the interaction model size from 2.5MB. This limits the usability to a great extent. It has a lot of scope from a business perspective if the size is increased.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add interaction model editor and skill settings to ask toolkit for vs code

I believe a great addition to the ASK Toolkit for Visual Studio Code would be to bring more of the visual tools and editors within the IDE. It would be great to be able to work through the interaction model and add intents, utterances, slots, etc as well as the general skill properties and be able to validate them before deployment or building in the developer console that would update my local files. Then when I deploy my skill using ask-cli everything is in sync with my changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add request/command invocation type to be sent for intents

Allow an intent to receive information on whether or not the user had requested an intent or given a command.

Especially for kid skills, the ability to alter the response based on the manners involved in invoking the intent could drastically alter the response and, if given as an aspect of the skill info on the marketplace, alter parents decision to enable it for their children.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Follow Up listening duration configurable

I'm not a native English speaker and it takes me longer to think about the command I'm going to say. As such, I often find the follow up mode unusable for me because Alexa stops listening sooner than I manage to formulate the next command in my head. It's also often a bit unclear when does Alexa start listening (in Follow Up) and when does it stop so I easily end up in ridiculous command-repeating situations.

Making this listening time configurable would allow me to extend this duration while keeping it the same for quicker speakers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. session attributes

Session attributes should be included in all requests and responses between alexa and a skill. Why would sessionEnd miss the session attributes? It is like talking to a person without short term memory.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Creating Dynamic Intents as well as entities

Creating Dynamic intents at run time similar to the way dynamic entities work. This would create a lot of flexibility to adapt skills without re-deploying. Thanks for your considerations

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a way to keep track of a private game score example backgammon

When playing a game like backgammon I would like to have Alexa store the game score. The I score would have to be given to Alexa. For example "Alexa Update Score. Steve 3 John 5". "Alexa Score" then Alexa would say " Steve 3 John 5. The user can then update the score at any time using the command "Alexa Update Score" or "Alexa Clear Score" which would clear the score. After a "Clear Score" command the Alexa response would be " No Score stored" Ability to give as many names followed by a score. Example "Alexa Update Score John…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time slot filling

I'm pretty sure this has been done a lot, but the timeslot filling needs a lot of work. The slot confirmation should automatically be able to derive am/pm and know when to ask e.g. if you ask alexa (not in the skill) to set and alarm for 12, she says "midnight or midday?", ask for 6 she says "morning or afternoon", ask for 6pm she accepts it as 18:00. Apparently this is handled in Amazon Lex, but not here. Having to code for this manually in the skill is cumbersome. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to interrupt apps and call appropriate callback

Allow developers to be able to define callbacks for user interruptions.

At the moment, as soon as Alexa start responding to the user, he must listen to the full response or quit the app.
    There's no option to suppress current response and stay in the app.

Consider an example:
    Alexa: I found three news articles related to your query. Article #1: [title of the article] Article #2: [title of the article] Article #3: [title of the article]

Assume that the app allows the user to then listen to the full article. He needs to wait for the full message to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Regiment when AMAZON.Date return days in the past

Right now, it's completely random how AMAZON.Date understands whether day of the week are in the past or the future. ("What's the weather Sunday?")

Half the time AMAZON.Date return last Sunday, the other half the next Sunday.

This should be regimented. Past days should only be returned when the user say "last Sunday" or "this past Sunday", etc.

Really shouldn't need to argue for this. It's completely crazy that this hasn't be dealt with by now!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow non standard characters in invocation word

would like alexa to accomodate not english words for english use in invocation words . An example would be like "Déjà vu." While Alexa is able to interpret this exact pronunciation and spelling when transcribing (speech to text), it is not able to interpret for invocation words because these non-standard characters are not allowed (é, à).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make slot name/type unique per intent

Currently slot name/type combination has to be unique per skill. Please make it unique per intent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Voice & Tone without interaction model

Should be able to test "Voice & Tone" without having interaction model properly built.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base