Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for Any Device placed into a Group with Echo Device

There are multiple Asks from other Users over a number years, yet Amazon isn’t acting or reacting.

Alexa Context Awareness (Room Awareness) for any device placed in a group + Echo device, to control using natural utterance as long as it is in a group using the object name. (same as lights/switches).

Alexa supports Lights, Switches, Thermostats - today. However myself and many others would like to Control the devices we choose to insert into a group with natural utterances, regardless if they are a Blind/Shade, Awning, Fan, drape etc but use the objects name vs having to utter Alexa…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase the Dynamic Entities update limit for bigger intent slots updates

When using dynamic entities (slots type whose values are updated through the Dynamic Entities API), there is a limit of 100 values, including synonyms. Over this limit, the update request is simply ignored.
    This limit is far not enough since it includes synonyms: if having 30 slots for instance, each slot having 10 synonyms, we already are over the limit (we have then 300 values to update).

The skill I develop is a game where the user can interact with objects in the place or in his pockets. He often have near of 20 possible objects, and to make them…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pass original date spoken in request

In Dialogflow, you can get the original text spoken for an entity/slot. So for a date, the user can say "this week" and Dialogflow passes the date and the string "this week". This is useful when you are showing a message such as "Sorry, no parcel will be collected this week". Can you update the request to pass the original text in Resolution - Authorities - Values

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Passthrough mode - In local mode, forward/catch-all to an intent

A feature called like "Passthrough": If a skill is in developer mode, only local (Alexa linked to the same account of the skill author?), forward any request to a predefined intent "Catch all", and if reply false, continue with the normal Alexa parser flow. For hobbyist and local/personal use.

Reason:

In my home, i have a custom home-automation system command(string)>response(string), with a Telegram bot (called "Memole"). Commands like "Temperature", "Power report", "Activate garden" etc.

I have a lots of Alexa and i develop (note: for myself only) a Custom Skill and a Home Skill.

Now, for the Telegram equivalent command…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Slots that are lists

Sometimes I want to ask the user for a list of things that are of the same slot type.

For example:
    Skill: At what times do you take your medications?
    User: 7 AM, 12 PM, and 7 PM

Right now, I have to ask for them individually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use dynamic entities with slot elicitation in order to refine choice

I'd like to set a dynamic entity with specific answers, and then prompt for the slot with that type. This isn't possible because of this error:"No other directives are allowed to be specified with a Dialog directive. The following Directives were returned: [Dialog.UpdateDynamicEntities]"

The use case is refining the customer's choice where lots of the choices have similar values. The dynamic entity is being used to distinguish between them.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow developers to prioritize intents

Currently the fallback intent is the only intent that can be triggered if no other intents are. The issue with this is no slots can be added to the fallback so no logic can be done based on what the user said. If we could have a custom intent intent between main functionality and the fallback, it would be a lot easier to make things more conversational, add custom nlp and add FAQ sections to skills.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CanFulfill should work with private\development skills.

As the title states. I am not sure if this is a technical limitation, and why it only applies to public skills. Canfulfill is completely ignored on development\private skills and I think that limits it's use in both practice and during testing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to add/change Intent utterances without going again into the certification process

When your skill is Live, you will identify phrases that user would use to interact with your skill. It would be nice if we could add or change utterances and build the skill model without submitting for certification process again

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow sending WakeUp event synchronously in response to a TurnOn/TurnOff directive

WakeUp event is a great addition but it could be 10 times better. Right now, you can only send it asynchronously to the Event Gateway, which requires authentication with user's Amazon account. This means more work to get it functional and also more costs for the developers.

If we could just send the WakeUp event in response to the TurnOn/TurnOff directive, directly back to the device that initiated the directive, it would make things more straight forward.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow conditional slots in the interaction model

Similar to lex, it would be help to know whether a slot should be elicited prior to the request entering the fulfillment service. I've seen that even if a slot is required, the presence of a slot value must be checked in the lambda function and the ElicitSlot directive returned rather than interaction model determining that ahead of time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Version Control for interaction model schema

A great feature would be to revision control the interaction model schema and also tool too compare it with previous versions and show history. We work as a team and another great integration would be some sort of github or stash integration .

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add slot sequence numbers to the request

AFAIU dialogs follow the slot sequence. It would be nice to have the slot sequence numbers in the request for Elicit/ConfirmSlot customization.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better Error Explanations and Linter for Interaction Model

I am new to Alexa. I have an utility that generates interaction models. The utility had an bug that omitted values. The JSON editor stated that custom type values could not be empty. At the time, I didn't understand the error. I thought it would have been more helpful if the editor marked where the error was.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sample Utterances

Most of us create a Sample Utterances file
    to copy and past. now you have to type each one in. Also you get Timed out, and have to do it all over again. please fix this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Searchable and continually updated list of all certified skill invocation names for developers to check

Allow developers to easily check to see if a skill invocation name has been previously used by another skill.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NLU Annotation set tool user improvements

Couple of things that could make it easier from a user perspective if you don't mind the feedback

You can only see 10 utterances per page, would be great to be able to see 50 / 100 per page

Would be good to filter on the columns, e.g. filter, all the expected intents with "xyz"

Would be good to duplicate an notation set to then use again with edits

Would be good to be able to download an annotation set as a CSV, so you can edit and then upload again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do not close skill unless I give command

Currently, extending the the session timeout duration is not a supported feature of Alexa Skills Kit.

Yet, I hope that a skill is closed only when I give certain command, so that I don't need to activate it again. (I only activate one skill at a time)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Including post-ER slot value in NLU annotation sets

In my slot values I use lots of synonyms and it would be much easier to maintain the annotation sets if I could specify the canonical string for the expected slot value. In other words, if in my slot value definition I have the following value:

```
    {
    "name": {

"value": "human",

"synonyms": [
    "girl",
    "boy",
    "woman",
    "man"
    ]

}
    },
    ```
    I'd love to be able to write in my annotation set

utterance Intent slot[creature]
    I want to be a boy CreatureSelectionIntent human
    Let's try a woman CreatureSelectionIntent human

The canonical values are resolved at some point anyway, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support to SetNavigation directive in nativally.

Currently I saw the model doesn't offer support to SetNavigation directive natively, so to use it's needed an work around to do this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base