Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pass original date spoken in request

In Dialogflow, you can get the original text spoken for an entity/slot. So for a date, the user can say "this week" and Dialogflow passes the date and the string "this week". This is useful when you are showing a message such as "Sorry, no parcel will be collected this week". Can you update the request to pass the original text in Resolution - Authorities - Values

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slots that are lists

Sometimes I want to ask the user for a list of things that are of the same slot type.

For example:
    Skill: At what times do you take your medications?
    User: 7 AM, 12 PM, and 7 PM

Right now, I have to ask for them individually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the Dynamic Entities update limit for bigger intent slots updates

When using dynamic entities (slots type whose values are updated through the Dynamic Entities API), there is a limit of 100 values, including synonyms. Over this limit, the update request is simply ignored.
    This limit is far not enough since it includes synonyms: if having 30 slots for instance, each slot having 10 synonyms, we already are over the limit (we have then 300 values to update).

The skill I develop is a game where the user can interact with objects in the place or in his pockets. He often have near of 20 possible objects, and to make them…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Passthrough mode - In local mode, forward/catch-all to an intent

A feature called like "Passthrough": If a skill is in developer mode, only local (Alexa linked to the same account of the skill author?), forward any request to a predefined intent "Catch all", and if reply false, continue with the normal Alexa parser flow. For hobbyist and local/personal use.

Reason:

In my home, i have a custom home-automation system command(string)>response(string), with a Telegram bot (called "Memole"). Commands like "Temperature", "Power report", "Activate garden" etc.

I have a lots of Alexa and i develop (note: for myself only) a Custom Skill and a Home Skill.

Now, for the Telegram equivalent command…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to add/change Intent utterances without going again into the certification process

When your skill is Live, you will identify phrases that user would use to interact with your skill. It would be nice if we could add or change utterances and build the skill model without submitting for certification process again

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow sending WakeUp event synchronously in response to a TurnOn/TurnOff directive

WakeUp event is a great addition but it could be 10 times better. Right now, you can only send it asynchronously to the Event Gateway, which requires authentication with user's Amazon account. This means more work to get it functional and also more costs for the developers.

If we could just send the WakeUp event in response to the TurnOn/TurnOff directive, directly back to the device that initiated the directive, it would make things more straight forward.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow conditional slots in the interaction model

Similar to lex, it would be help to know whether a slot should be elicited prior to the request entering the fulfillment service. I've seen that even if a slot is required, the presence of a slot value must be checked in the lambda function and the ElicitSlot directive returned rather than interaction model determining that ahead of time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Version Control for interaction model schema

A great feature would be to revision control the interaction model schema and also tool too compare it with previous versions and show history. We work as a team and another great integration would be some sort of github or stash integration .

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add slot sequence numbers to the request

AFAIU dialogs follow the slot sequence. It would be nice to have the slot sequence numbers in the request for Elicit/ConfirmSlot customization.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Error Explanations and Linter for Interaction Model

I am new to Alexa. I have an utility that generates interaction models. The utility had an bug that omitted values. The JSON editor stated that custom type values could not be empty. At the time, I didn't understand the error. I thought it would have been more helpful if the editor marked where the error was.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sample Utterances

Most of us create a Sample Utterances file
    to copy and past. now you have to type each one in. Also you get Timed out, and have to do it all over again. please fix this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Searchable and continually updated list of all certified skill invocation names for developers to check

Allow developers to easily check to see if a skill invocation name has been previously used by another skill.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Including post-ER slot value in NLU annotation sets

In my slot values I use lots of synonyms and it would be much easier to maintain the annotation sets if I could specify the canonical string for the expected slot value. In other words, if in my slot value definition I have the following value:

```
    {
    "name": {

"value": "human",

"synonyms": [
    "girl",
    "boy",
    "woman",
    "man"
    ]

}
    },
    ```
    I'd love to be able to write in my annotation set

utterance Intent slot[creature]
    I want to be a boy CreatureSelectionIntent human
    Let's try a woman CreatureSelectionIntent human

The canonical values are resolved at some point anyway, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add support to SetNavigation directive in nativally.

Currently I saw the model doesn't offer support to SetNavigation directive natively, so to use it's needed an work around to do this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using a skill's supported invocation phrases should enable and lauch into the skill.

Currently when attempting to interact with a new skill that has not been manually enabled with either "{launch word} {skill name}" or "{Intent} with {skill name}" Alexa will respond that she does not know. The platform should support matching on skill name and either auto enable the skill or prompt the user to enable and use the skill. If the user chooses to enable the skill, then immediately launch into the skill. This would reduce friction points from a user perspective and better support new skills on the marketplace. When Alexa merely responds with not knowing how to react to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow developers to prioritize intents

Currently the fallback intent is the only intent that can be triggered if no other intents are. The issue with this is no slots can be added to the fallback so no logic can be done based on what the user said. If we could have a custom intent intent between main functionality and the fallback, it would be a lot easier to make things more conversational, add custom nlp and add FAQ sections to skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Person name is not taking properly

I want to make an alexa skill which takes two person names and test the love percentage. But what I came to see that alexa is not accurate when it comes to the person name. Is there a way that I can give the person name using spelling For example : I want to give 'Tejasai' as a slot but alexa is taking it as 'Tejas', Instead I want to give slot (or input) as
    'T' 'E' 'J' ' A ' 'S' 'A' 'I'

(spelling out each individual character) and it has to take the input as ' TEJASAI'.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wait for further questions without wake up word

Listen for further questions without the wake up word after Alexa answers a question.

Wait for stop order without wake up word when alarms sound.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Follow me

When I have asked Alexa to start playing a CD in one room, but I am moving to another room, I don’t want to restart from the beginning. I want to be able to say “Alexa, follow me to the kitchen” and have what I was doing in the living room appear instead in the kitchen. If I am going back and forth a lot, it may be nice to be able to say “add the kitchen” and have it play in both places, but then be able to remove one device by saying “stop playing in the kitchen”. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't require constant customer dialog interaction for long-form content

I would love to see some improvement to the possible interactions that can occur between an Alexa skill and customers. Currently, it relies heavily on a back and forth dialog with customers, but isn't well-suited to long-form content (like articles, which I'll use as an example throughout going forward). I'd like to be able to return a relatively small amount of an article at a time, and react to events emitted by the Alexa infrastructure that allow me to prepare the next chunk of the article and present it to the customer seamlessly, without any interruption.

Say we have a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base