Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Command history to text input

Create a command history. It would be nice that when you hover into the input for typing messages to alexa if you hit the up arrow it will bring you your latest command, a similar feature that you can find in the mac terminal

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to repeat entries on the Alexa Simulator

It would be good on the Test Alexa Simulator to be able to click on previous utterances to repeat them

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clear session in test simulator

Please have option to clear session in Test Simulator. It is frustrating to have session data from a different skill.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Testing ALEXA APL features

I can not test skills that contain ALEXA APL beta features fully. My only way of interaction with skill is over voice. I do not get the feature of clicking " on the screen ".

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mock address during testing

I am developing a skill that geocodes the customer address to look up data other locations. It is difficult to simulate the address in the alexa dev console and via the ask cli via the dialog command. I have to hard code values and remove them when accessing the skill from a real device. The alexa console allows me to grant permissions to the address. I think in that same area, I should be able to fill in test data.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow testing audios

Currently the test simulator doesn't play the audios that come back from the skill so we can't confirm they're working OK. Please include this feature and make the sounds included in the responses to be played in the simulator.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add resubmit on doubleclick to each grey submitted box in left pane of simulator, test

I have spent too much time typing the same commands over and over in simulator test - "ask my skill to blah blah etc".
    It would be a big time saver if the history in the left pane had the ability to resubmit my typed ( or spoken) text in any grey history widget by double-clicking it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Choose a specific Alexa Device in the Skill Test Simulator

There are a lot of different Alexa devices that support different interfaces. The Echo Show has a screen and supports the Display interface. The Echo Auto supports the Geolocation interface. The Alexa app on a smartphone supports the Navigation interface.

For skills that make use of interfaces like these, it would be helpful if you could select a specific Alexa device from a dropdown list in the Skill Test Simulator and get a request envelope that more closely matches what that device will actually send.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically clear Alexa Tester's cache after renaming a skill

After changing invocation name, cache for Alexa Simulator should be cleared automatically without triggering switch "Enable / Disable test for this skill" to save new developer's time to figure out why it's not invoking renamed skill

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Alexa Test Console actually work

Make the Alexa Skill Test console actually work

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG: Echo Spot preview Background image squished instead of cut like on the actual Device

Echo Spot preview Background image is getting squished instead of cut. I did this https://i.imgur.com/FMt1tUl.png template. It matches both devices very closely, but in the simulator preview the whole image is displayed in a squished state to match the circular shape of the spot.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add temperature unit switch (C, F)

I have a smart thermostat skill. Thermostat can be switched to Celsius or Fahrenheit to cater for thermostat users in different countries. To test skill using skill test simulator I need simulator entirely to be switched to C or F for all requests and responses, just same as behavior of Echo Dot when switched to C or F.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring back test button and for the command not to disappear when you hit enter

Here's the problem I have with the new Alexa Simulator: I have had ALS for 11+ years. When sitting at my computer desk, I'm only able to control the mouse with my hand and nothing else. I run a duel monitor set up and usually have the left monitor on PC and the right monitor on Direct TV.

When home alone, I’m unable to use the remote which is really annoying. So I found a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdS6siT0zY) it’s an echo skill for Direct TV. Now, I’m finally able to control the TV either through the simulator or…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tool to Generating Requests

For testing backends, it would be nice to create a utility that can generate Alexa requests. I envision it having the form:

{slot:literal}

for instance,
    open the {room:kitchen}{device:light}

and based on the language model, the tool would generate the appropriate JSON request.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG REPORT: No SSML sound on Safari (MacOS)

BUG REPORT: I can not seem to get the SSML examples to produce sound on Safari (MacOS). While on the "Test" function, I hear all the Alexa responses but if I go to "Voice & Tone" and press play, there's no sound at all.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug in the simulator

Just today I noticed a bug in the Alexa Simulator. I test my skill, it works for the first time, however, it doesn't work (launches, but fails in intent calling) the second time unless I upload the same lambda function code again and save. Anyone else having the same problem? And any idea about the fix?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Test Simulation on iOS

Hi the Alexa test simulator does not work with iOS browsers. When I type in a command nothing happens. It would be nice to have on and iPad so I can developer with my pc and test it on the iPad next to me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Testing simulator should not time out

Prior to 03/08/18, the simulator would not timeout after the standard 7-8 seconds. Meaning that a skill could be opened and the session would be active whether a response was provided immediately or 15 minutes later.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add "mic open" indicator to ASK Test simulator

Mics opening and closing happens silently, and I would be surprised to find that the wrong status is the cause of quite a few submission failures. It would be great to have an indicator in the test simulator panel that show the open/closed status of the mic. Also save heaps of testing time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base