Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See how styles affect component layout in APL

It would be useful to see why elements are positioned as they are in the simulator. Suggestions:
    1. A feature to view the applied styles on each element, especially padding properties and the alignment properties of containers.
    2. A feature to show the outlines of elements, especially invisible elements such containers.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. About repetitive input

We repeatedly input the same sentence from the keyboard and test it. For example, if you can easily select what you entered in the past with the arrow keys on your keyboard, you will be more convenient, we would like to add that function.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. larger input box for testing alexa skills

Give us more room to type input on the Test window for alexa skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve developer support

When testing a Skill I recived this messsage "Claro, pero primero debes pedirle a uno de tus padres que abra la app Alexa de su teléfono y active las Skills infantiles." Since I am in spain there is no alexa app available on the marketplace, and the link to manage it on amazon website seem to work only in amazon.com
    Any ideas how should I debug my skill in spain.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Missing scrollbar in Simulator

Please bring the scrollbar back to the alexa simulator. It dissapered today.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link account for testing

I want to test my skill as a logged in user. My skill provides differnt results depending on the current user. The test simulator does not support at all to define an user or at least an token to identify a user.

The reason I want that is byside that I can test as a signed in user, that I can inspect the resulting response JSON, without creating the request JSON by hand.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View JSON event in testing console

In testing where can I view the request and intent being sent? In the previous console sending text would also show the JSON that was sent to alexa. I need this request for debugging.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show session status visually in Test Simulator

It’s not clear which state the tool is in during a conversational test.. It’s not clear when a skill session times out and whether default Echo or My Skill will answer your next utterance. It would be nice if the left panel had background shading to indicate you are in the default Echo or a My Skill session and to visually group a set of interactions to one session.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show the invocation name, intent, slot, in Test Simulator

1. Pre-fill the utterance text input with the invocation launch such as "open cat facts". Users often jump straight to their intent, and many type "Alexa, " as well; this may steer them into the right usage pattern.

2. Above the Skill I/O panel on the right, display in bold font, the name of the Intent and any Slots that were heard. It is difficult to scroll down the big block of JSON input and hunt for these after every utterance. This would create a faster feedback loop as developers test various utterances.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Alexa Skill Test Console compatible with AVG.

The current skill test console appears to be incompatible with AVG.

I don't like having to choose between a protected system, and being able to test my skill.

For now, I will be repeatedly installing and uninstalling AVG as I need to do skill development. It's a hassle.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Simulator Issues

Hey I really don't like the new simulator. If there is an endpoint error the simulator just does nothing, nor does it register the error with cloudwatch. I would type out the invocation name and would get 0 response, it was as if the request was never sent. When I would then check the cloudwatch logs there would be nothing reflecting a request either. If I swap to the old version and try the simulator, it will make the request and respond with an error. This will then register in Cloud watch and point me right to where the break…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base