Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get certification feedback via API / webUI, not just email

I create Voice Apps for over 20 large clients and I publish Skills from each client's own Amazon Dev account. Either they authorize me as a developer on their accounts, or they share their credentials with me.

I usually develop & submit skills using the ASK CLI. Sometimes I use the webUI to run a prevalidation check & setup beta testing. In all cases, my skills pass the validation properly within the webUI. I wouldn't try to certify a skill unless they passed.

However, the current process of _the main company contact receiving an email with the certification results_ in…

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Define a different E-Mail Adresse for Certification Answer

I'm a contract developer.
    Every time, when i send a skill to the certification, the feedback is sent to the account-owner.

If the certification fails, my customer has to forward me the reasons for failing the certification.

This is quite annoying, and hard to explain the customer.

Would be really great if we could define an different e-mail adresse for receiving the feedback of the certification owner.

kind regards
    stefan

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please automate invocation name checks for skill certification

Invocation name errors in skill certification should be automatically caught. Why is there client-side validation for the sample utterances in "Distribution" (e.g. "error: must contain the invocation name") but not in the Build Model step? It's just a waste of time to wait 3-5 days to get a certification failed response like "your invocation name needs to be two words".

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private Skill - Alexa for Business in Europe

We need a possiblity to publish private skills, that are only available for our customers and so have not to be certificated. Alexa for Business would be suitable for this purpose. However, thats only available in the US. We need Alexa for Business in Europe/Austria.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Denote automated functional testing as a test in the request so we can filter from analytics

For skills that are live and going through cert again, the automated functional tests cause a spike in the 3rd party analytics. We would like to be able to filter them out/not send them to analytics but there is not a field in the request from these tests to denote they are tests.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support multiple "certified" interaction models and allow to switch between them quickly

This will solve several pain points:

1. Developers will have full control over when the update goes live. After the certification is complete, the interaction model does not go live automatically, but is simply added to the list of "Certified" models. After that, the developer is able to switch to live model when they want. Today, the developers have no control and no good ETA for the submitted model to go live.

2. Instant rollback. If the new model does not perform well, the developer will be able to instantly rollback to the previous model. Today, rolling back a model…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improving Alexa Account Linking Process

Amazon should provide an email address or phone number that can be associated with the test account provided to Alexa for skill linking in the certification process. For regulated industries, it is impractical to remove MFA/OTP requirements from prod accounts. Additionally, we recently received email feedback on our skill submission that told us to check the Alexa portal for submission feedback; the portal just tells us to check the email.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automated Functional Test are not representative of actual usage, causing throttle

For skills that preserve a user's state to DynamoDB, the automated functional tests that are performed often get throttled by Dynamo and fail.

This occurs frequently on skills that have large interaction models and support multiple locales. Typical usage does not require a lot of Dynamo capacity so we often have to raise the capacity just to get through the functional test and lower it back down.

Please slow down the tests. The capacity required is calculated based on actual usage, not automated functional tests that overload the skill.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include feedback to Certification tab

Add a read-only text field to the Certification tab of the alexa developer console with the result of the last submission

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Available AMAZON.FallbackIntent on Brazil

Hello gurus,
    When the AMAZON.FallbackIntent will be available on Brazil ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Certification procss to long

The certification process is to long

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Private Skill availability in Germany and without Alexa for Business

It would be great to be able to deploy skills only to invited users, e.g. users that receive a link for activation. Additionally, private skills should be made available in Germany and without Alexa for Business context.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include a pre-defined key name in UserId for interactions coming from certification process

I run analysis against my skills to understand customer usage patterns. However, for some of my lower volume skills, this data can be clouded by interactions that happen for certification testing - and I have no way to know what traffic is from real users vs. certification testers. It would be great if userId's from certification testers included a specific format or key name (like "CERT") so I could filter them out in my analysis.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copyright in Skill

If you currently provide copyright information in the skill or the skill description because you use content from another source amazon certification flags this attributions as advertisments which is false. Copyright is not advertisment so please change this behaviour.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Private Skill availability in India

Alexa for business (private skill) availability in India? We used to be able to publish a private skill with both India and US selected in the "Availability" section. Now if we select "India", the skill does not pass validation any more. Is this a bug recently introduced or is this on-purpose?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include supported interface approval status in certification process

Currently, it is difficult to determine between a non-display device, and a skill that simply isn't approved for display interface.

Per Paul Cutsinger: "For speed, certification will publish your skill for voice only then come back and enable the display once that's tested. So, spot will send `this.event.context.System.device.supportedInterfaces.Display` once the skill has been certified for that device."

Would be good to be able to check the status of this process somewhere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base