Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notification on new store reviews

There have been times when users have reported issues with skills via store reviews. It would be handy if we could get email notifications when new reviews are piblished against our skills in the store

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Night Light-- (Using Alexa Light Ring) for a specific amount of time.

Night Light-- (Using Alexa Light Ring) for a specific amount of time.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Publishing Skills to a Limited Group of Users

I have a skill that I recently developed for my niece's 12th birthday. I wrote it as a joke as it displays her picture, tells some trivial facts about her like taking hours to do her homework and ultimately wishes her "Happy Birthday". It is definitely not a skill I would publish to the general public. However, I would like to make it available to my sister's family and a few cousins. Other than the "Beta" feature, there is no way to publish a skill that can be made available to a limited/restricted audience. I have seen quite a few…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skills Discoverability

The skill discoverability is problematic. There should be a way to install the app by just asking "Alexa open Skill" or if the user asks a question that may be answered by a skill alexa should suggest to use that skill and automatically install it. This doesn't seem to be the case.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved deeplinks and analytics for mobile web user acquisition

There aren't good options for linking users to a skill for mobile devices on the web.

- On desktop platforms, it makes sense to link to amazon.com/db/<product id>. The user is likely to be signed-in, and the user can enable to skill in one tap.

However, on mobile web, all of the options are suboptimal:

- On iOS, Linking to the amazon product link first opens the amazon app, and then the amazon app redirects the user to safari where it opens the link. I suspect that most users aren't signed-in on the web browser.

- On iOS, Linking the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enabling a skill to link to a good on the Amazon retail store (either 1P or 3P)

It would be great if you could build a skill and link it back to the Amazon retail store to goods. For example, how to do I fix my leaky faucet? Then it could go through the ways to fix the faucet, and enable to user to buy the parts or a new faucet, wrench, etc.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Developer Page/Profile in Alexa Skill Store

It would be great to have a "Developer page" in the skill store, like a profile that lists all skills that this developer has published.

I.e. make the name of the developer clickable in the skill store and show all skills that this person/company has published.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Markdown for Descriptions

At the moment we can only write descriptions in plain text. It would be nice to be able to use markdown to better format the descriptions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature request for support of Videos in Skill descriptions

Can I request a new feature where a video can be posted in the skill description so can show off the features of the skill

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Submit only certain locales for Certification

Submit only certain locales for Certification
    I have an app live in 5 regions
    en-US
    en-GB
    en-CA
    en-IN
    en-AU

I only want to make changes to en-US and publish

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Embedd Skill

I'd wish you could provide a (html) standard-sample to embedd alexa skills into webpages (like a social-media button) to link to them in a standard format.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extra information for the skills store by Amazon

Would be nice to allow custom parameters in permission.
    User would be able from the skill section in its alexa app to enter a specific parameter ( let say (iota address) which is an 81 character parameter .
    the alexa skills would be able to use it's value and this will be secured by amazon.
    available for more details :
    iot.fabian.rami@gmail.com

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Contact User for Rating & Review

User feedback is important to skill developer, very often rating and review can't tell all the details. If developer can contact customers for necessary details, that'll be amazing for both developers and users, which is actually a basic function on app store.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to resume a podcast where you left off

How to resume a podcast where you left off

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Skill Rejections

Make it easier to communicate with the Amazon team when a skill is rejected so developers can better understand how to recreate an issue

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Page Ranking for Skill in Store(s) based on keywords (e.g. skills SEO feature)

I have clients that want to rank well for their skills against keywords or phrases to aid discoverability but there is no way of determining where a skill will be shown in the skill store without some sort of SEO / Keyword(s) ranking facility.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alexa user “friendly”

Alexa should listen briefly after a task is given and satisfied to hear if user says “thanks” and have Alexa always automatically respond “Your welcome” to support its user “friendly” interaction 😁

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Promote Better Multimodal Skills on Skills Store and/or on SKill Details section

to enable end users recognize easily multimodal skills and incite them to activate and use on their screen devices (Echo SPOT,/Show/Tablets/TV..) , is it possible to show an extra iconnear each skill to indicate multimodal Ready for small/medium/large/extra screens on the skill store and/or on the skill details section ? In addition, skill developers may be interested to do extra development to get their skill compatible to multimodal and get more user engagement. Thanks, adrien

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alexa planner or calendar to ad things to it like your work schedule without having to link your phone or personal information

Having a skill to have a calendar or scheduler to ad meetings or work schedule without having to line your phone or use any personal information

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skill-Update-Notes

I'd really like it if you could add a possibility to add update notes when you update your skill. Some skills do this in their description, but this should not be part of a skills descriptions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base