Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Access to User Response Audio Clip

I need access to the user response audio clip in order to map intonations, pitch, speed, etc. Please prioritize enriching the ASK SDK with a method to retrieve the audio response clip and ability to save the audio clip to a json, mp3, or wav file for processing.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. timer smarthome

Capability to Set timer and Get timer on Non cooking appliances should be added.

Like to set timer on Laundry appliances or dish appliances and get time remaining on those appliances.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add currency slot type

add currency slot type

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SpeakItem element that is being read

Provide ability to know the SpeakItem element that is currently being read (and being notified about it). Why? To keep the state, and when the user activate the skill again, it can start reading from the last SpeakItem element.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. outbound calling

Please add the feature whereby a particular utterance would invoke Alexa to make an outbound call to a hard-coded phone number.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. APL: Add the ordinalText parameter to AlexaTextListItem

AlexaTextListItem's layout includes AlexaOrdinal. The latter has the parameter ordinalText. It would be nice to add to AlexaTextListItem the same parameter and pass it to the internal AlexaOrdinal.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Doorbell Sound" - Change via API

Is it possible to allow changing of the doorbell chime sound via an API call, this way customers would not need to open the Alexa app.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Doorbell Press" - Enable via API

Is it possible to enable the "doorbell press" option through the discovery / addupdate report or some other way?

A lot of customers forget to do this, so I was hoping to automate this or give them the option to change this via our website

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable to access current "offset in ms" from audio player at any time.

Hi,

it would be nice to be able to read the current position of the audioplayer at every time. With this feature it would be possible to program an interactive audio drama, where the user could switch between characters or to enable switching between different versions of the same audio-file (For example an alternative version for people with hearing-loss).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ability to delegate intents back to Alexa

If in my skill the user utters something I cannot answer, I would like the ability to delegate the utterance back to Alexa without exiting my skill. This way the user can "get the weather" for example without exiting my skill.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include in JSON response indicator "Live" or "Development" to allow for CloudWatch Filtering

Could you please include in the JSON response an indicator of which environment the request are coming from? I.e. "Live" or "Development". This would make CloudWatch filtering easy.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. option to initiate alexa to alexa call/message from a skill itself

provide an option to initiate alexa to alexa call/message from a skill itself

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. option to get the original text along with the intent

provide the original text as well, along with the intent

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to use only Alexa Voice Service and run simple Local Skills

Hi I need to turn on a light....

AVS is cool and can be a lot... but why I need to run a Lambda instead of run my Local Skill?

I'm quite sure that Echo Dot or higher end Alexa Devices are quite enough powerful to run my skill locally with no remote API/KEY/VALIDATION/etc...

Send me an xml saying
    <LIGHT name="MyLight"><NEXTSTATE>1</NEXTSTATE></LIGHT>

It would be wonderful if we could use AVS and a very light SDK library layer to run OVER the Alexa device.
    The purpose is to transform Alexa devices into a Mic able to ask to AlexaVS…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Retrieve list of user's enabled skills

Have access as a developer to the full list enabled skills that a user has added to their Alexa device.

There might be use cases where a developer is dependent on another skill and wants to check if its active or not.

GET request /user_skills

\ TuneIn, Dominos, FitBit enabled

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ask dialog only shows <Short audio> when using SSML to play a file. It would be valuable to know the file name to verify code is working.

Currently I can quickly run tests of my code in development, but I'm now adding more <audio> tags in my SSML, and when I run the replay, all I see is <Short audio> What I'd like to see is <Short audio: door_opens.mp3>, etc. Just pull the last fragment of the URI and display it in the tag (e.g /([^/]+)$/ = everything in the uri after the last forward slash.)

Otherwise, I can't automate any tests that require verifying the audio files in my ssml are right for the current context.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Simon Says speech to text capture API

Expose the same API in the ASK SDK that the Simon Says Skill has access to. Using AMAZON.SearchQuery does not cut it for messaging and social media type skills.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Programmatic access to the device info (network status, etc.)

The programmatic access to the device info data would open new opportunities for business that serve the customers through Alexa.
    Also, it would allow to access the data about the environment in which the device is operated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable integration of third party voice authentication mechanisms

Many large companies have or utilize third party voice authentication mechanisms to provide voice auth across a number of channels (e.g.,IVR, mobile app). While voice profiles are available through Alexa, is it possible to have an option to reuse existing third party voice auth APIs companies have invested in already within Alexa Skills?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base