Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Utterance insert bug on Android

Sample Utterances text box on mobile is bugged.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voice & Tone simulator – please allow dynamic width!

The Voice & Tone tab has a fixed width and the text doesn't wrap. So when pasting in speech strings, it's really difficult to make micro SSML adjustments because you don't have a full visual of the string. This is bad for 2 reasons:

1) scrolling left/right on your trackpad can very easily bring you to the previous webpage in your browser and lose your work. this is very frustrating when it happens!!

2) the other work around is manually breaking your strings into chunks that match the fixed width of the window, which is annoying and potentially error prone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skill Earnings month selection dropdown is broken

On the skill earnings tab of the Alexa developer console, there is a dropdown to select the month and year for which you'd like to view earnings. The default is to the current month, and the dropdown is ordered sequentially.

Unfortunately, the dropdown's height seems to be locked to the height of the div behind it, so if the div behind it is small, several months towards the end of the year get cut off from the drop down, and there is no scroll bar (or middle-button scroll) on the dropdown, making it impossible to select the elements at the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add 'Save' button in Discription so it will not re-direct me to next page.

Under Distribution please add one more button. 'Save and Continue' is already present but also add just 'Save' button. Because if I just edit Descriptions and press just 'Save', it won't take me to next page. Currently only save and continue option is so irritating when I just want to Save and stay on same page.
    In just on sentence: Add Save button to Save and Stay on same page instead of re-directing to next page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give us insight on what is happening while a skill is "in review"

It seems you fix an error and you go BACK to the beginning of the "in review" que?

Is there one skill ahead of me? One thousand?

Who knows ANYTHING about the process?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. End long running builds

It would be nice to have an ability to fail or autocomplete a failed build. I currently have been watching the same CA build run for about 5 hours when it should take about 3 minutes in BUILDING status, but I can't cancel or end it so it is just spinning indefinitely.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suggestion for Skill List page

Please consider an option to hide the banners in Skill List page. On a higher resolution screen, we don't see any skill -- just banners and a table header. I have to scroll down to see my skill every time. I read the banner text once and prefer hiding it most of the time. What I want to see and click on is the actual skill entry itself. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Vertical Scroll bar in Intent Window

Dear Team,

Appreciate, if there is a vertical scrollbar in the intents list window. This will be of great help for the skill developer. Synonymous screen like hotmail folder split with scroll bar,

with regards,
    Repath Athyala

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One button to get skill summary since the day of publishing.

There should be a button to get the summary of skill since the first day of publishing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Developer console: display all option

The ADC now loads only in chunks of ~20 skills. I have 300 skills, and each has two versions. I need to scroll and scroll to see the entire list, which important when I need to see the parent/child relationship between the prod + dev versions.

Can you offer a display-all direct link?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enhance the dashboard

Please provide the stat about public comments, rating, post and county wise enabling data in map.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. multilingual UI

Hi,
    while alexa skill development ,i found that create skill in multilingual quite complicated.
    so make it simple UI if possiable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add language drop down to Test tab

Hi. It would be nice if we could toggle between the different supported languages in the Test tab. Currently you need to go back to the build tab, switch languages, then go back to test tab.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Intent confirmation doesn't allow $

I have the following Intent Confirmation:

Ok, got it. Let me confirm. You want to pick up a car on {startDate} at the {pickupLocation} and return it on {endDate} for a daily rate of ${rentalRate} , right?

The slot type for rentalRate is number. In order to say the decimal value of rentalRate as "thirty-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents", I need to use the $ before it. There is no SSML say-as to make a decimal number into a currency.

The UI gives me the following error when I try to add the dollar sign: "You have invalid characters"

This…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Help and instructions

When you send your skill for certification at amazon they say that if the skill is not certified they will send you feedback and instructions for how to fix those problems, but when you do what they. You submit again but it caused more problems. All I am saying is that when you fix the problem, you fix the problem. Also if its your first time doing any sort of programming then amazon should directly help you with your skill.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improvement suggestions

Hello, the new interface for Alexa skill is not as good as before, because
    1. The session expired too soon, when user was just starting to fill the Utterance, it took time as user need to fill one by one ( before we can just fill it without pressing adding one. (When session expire, every utterances that I just keyed in went nothing!!! If Amazon wants to keep this UI, please adding the longer session expiression time!
    2. Amazon has to choose if you really want to have developer interface or user interface especially this is called developer tool. However,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Spelling error in dev console

Spelling error on withdrawing skill

"I did not intend to publishing the skill right away"

should be changed to something like

"I did not intend to publish the skill right away"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug: Switching from auth code grant to implicit grant not possible

switching back from auth code grant to implicit grant seems not possible. On saving the following error is shown: Access token scheme should be empty for IMPLICIT type.

And access token scheme can not be set for implicit grant.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Submission Information on Portal

Put submission history on the portal. Having this only in email is not the best way to communicate as multiple developers are often working on apps.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Skill name when editing

Please show the name of the Skill that I'm currently editing. It's nerve-racking to not get visual confirmation of which skill I'm editing when I have multiple Skills. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base