Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LAMBDA CODE IS NOT TESTABLE WITHIN THIS "DEVELOPER" CONSOLE... WHY????

WHY IS MY LAMBDA CODE NOT AVAILABLE FOR TESTING WHERE WHEN I AM BUILDING MY SKILL AROUND LAMBDA!!! THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alexa Hosted: Enable Code Version History/Restore

Since Alexa Hosted is based on git repository for code storage (AWS CodeCommit as described in doc), let user view and restore a previous version of code.

It would be veeery useful for people like me who accidentally dropped code, or in general to restore previous version for any reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Scroll to Test Console

Scroll not available in Alexa Skills Test Console.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Home Cards not shown in simulator for Echo/Dot

There is a problem with the simulator in that is doesn't show home cards for the Echo and Echo Dot. Since this is part of certification, it would be nice to be able to test this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Save, Disallow Build during certification

In developer console, I would let developers to SAVE the skill during certification stage and I would not BUILD the model. Bu this, it would be possible to continue development while putting in pause the distribution of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Modify the APL Tool to reduce the amount of scrolling and have less white space

The current design of the APL Tool requires a lot of scrolling. I'd prefer to have two columns. The left column would have a tab across the top with options for Document | Resource | Styles | Layouts | Datasources. The json code would be displayed below the tab which would allow a lot more lines to be displayed with an option of increasing the font size. If Layouts is selected, an option could be made available to change between the diagrams and json code. The right column would have a top and bottom section with the preview on top…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alexa Simulator - speak words should be output instead of "triggered Intent"

When the Alexa simulator says "You just triggered <MyCustomIntent>", there should be some cue, message, indication, of the words in the intent handler code are not being heard. It's clear the intent handler was reached, the handler uses speak, how could anyone know what the problem is?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. revert to opening console in-page

opening new tabs is extremely annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reuse request

In the list with request and response history, a click on a request should fill in the clicked text into the textbox to use it again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SSML validation

By surfing the forums I found that a lot of users have problems validating their ssml. Constant issues are misplaced tags, unclosed tags, missing brackets or extra spaces inside of the tags.

Because error message says only, that input was invalid users don't know what was invalid and they keep asking the same thing - to explain them what is wrong with their ssml, which most of the time is one of the problems I mentioned before.

My suggestion would be to add a better validation for ssml, including 'Voice & Tone' tab. It should give better messages to at…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add note about 443 port for HTTPS endpoint

Please make a note on the endpoint editor that alexa backend goes only on 443 port (in case of HTTPS). It's a bit cryptic.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create Governance around Dev Console Organizations

An issue for larger organizations is the lack of governance around access to the developer console and specific features of the console. For example, I'd like to be able to allow a developer to contribute to a skill or do their own POCs, but prevent them from submitting for certification.

It would also be useful if SAML auth were supported to allowed for federated access to the console.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Order Intents lists manually

In the Build page, in the Intents list, it would be great to be able to order the Intents (move them up or down) to put them in whatever order the developer wants. I'd like to have mine ordered alphabetically. Same goes for Slots and Slots Types. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. move or hide How to get started

How to get started should have close button or be moved to new Help tab.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. build tab tweaks for grown ups

feedback form is not sticky,
    what I was saying is the getting started video front and center of the Build tab annoys me,
    but love everythjing else about the developer console

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Limit test portal to utterances in skill being tested

Please limit the testing portal to the present skill being tested. What I mean is I have a skill with invocation name "game game"..its a dummy invocation name..now in the test portal whenever I use say open game game, Alexa starts suggesting games like rock paper scissors and all that instead of actually opening my skill. This is highly frustrating..and this issue doesn't happen when I test my skill on my device..so the test portal's purpose becomes void.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Utterance insert bug on Android

Sample Utterances text box on mobile is bugged.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Voice & Tone simulator – please allow dynamic width!

The Voice & Tone tab has a fixed width and the text doesn't wrap. So when pasting in speech strings, it's really difficult to make micro SSML adjustments because you don't have a full visual of the string. This is bad for 2 reasons:

1) scrolling left/right on your trackpad can very easily bring you to the previous webpage in your browser and lose your work. this is very frustrating when it happens!!

2) the other work around is manually breaking your strings into chunks that match the fixed width of the window, which is annoying and potentially error prone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Skill Earnings month selection dropdown is broken

On the skill earnings tab of the Alexa developer console, there is a dropdown to select the month and year for which you'd like to view earnings. The default is to the current month, and the dropdown is ordered sequentially.

Unfortunately, the dropdown's height seems to be locked to the height of the div behind it, so if the div behind it is small, several months towards the end of the year get cut off from the drop down, and there is no scroll bar (or middle-button scroll) on the dropdown, making it impossible to select the elements at the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base