Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow developers to copy Skill Product detail to other regions

With a push of a button allow people to copy all product information to all English enabled regions. This would cut down on developers having to cut copy and paste saving on average about a half hour of work.
    V/R
    Nick

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add version control to the Alexa-hosted Skills environment

Add version control to the Alexa-hosted Skills environment

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get Rid of Skill I/O is available only for speech requests to skills you have created.

The error message "Skill I/O is available only for speech requests to skills you have created". keeps appearing when I am testing a skill that I in fact have created. The most frustrating part is if I was able to see the Skil I/O for the skill I created, I would much better be able to figure out what is wrong with it.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Analytics for all skills

Would be great if you could provide collected information about all my skills in my console, for example how many sessions all my skills together had to handle last month, how many new users activated my skills etc.. I usually just want a quick overview over how my skills are doing and don't want to click through all my skills.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add original text in support ticket case responses

Hello Amazon,

When you reply to ticket cases, if I have many open, you do not make any reference in the email to which ticket you are replying to (except the case number) so it is very difficult to know what you are responding to, especially if there are many tickets open.

Even in the original email acknowledging the ticket has been opened, there is no reference to the original reason the ticket has been opened.

It would be great if you could add the original text submitted to the email so that that we know what you are responding…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Configuration for the REDIRECT_URI to NOT be passed as part of the URL parameters from Alexa Skill linking

Have a configuration for the REDIRECT_URI to NOT be passed as part of the URL parameters from Alexa Skill linking. Since we know the possible URIs to redirect to, we would keep these URIs in our app configuration to use when sending back instead of getting the URI as a parameter attribute.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simulator should allow simulation of multimodal skills on voice-only devices.

The simulator only offers display-based devices to simulate, meaning that multimodal skills that behave differently for display vs non-display devices can't be tested. The "Device Display" menu should have an option for "No display".

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase session time out

Increase the session time at-least for the developers account. We need to give quality of code right? Some times we may need to debug the code .

"The requested skill took too long to respond"

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automated Test Suite on developer.amazon.com

Just a bit of feedback on the certification process before an Alexa Skill gets published.
    It now takes 5 business days.
    My skill failed two test cases so after correcting it and re-submission on the same business day I am assuming it will take another 5 business days for certification after re-submission.

So I would like to suggest that as part of developer.amazon.com a suite of automated test cases can be run by developers as part of submission so that they immediately get a test report which also goes to the Alexa Skill Certification Team.
    This will reduce the developer…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix the dev console to allow lambda ARNs with aliases

For some reason I cannot specify a Lambda endpoint which has an alias qualifier at the end. For example, I want to have two aliases: TEST and PROD that point to different versions of the lambda function.

When I am trying to save the endpoint, it shows a "manifest error" message.

It worked fine before. My other skills that were created using the old developer portal UI still have their endpoint

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intent Confirmation Does Not Support SSML and Question Mark

There is a bug in the new Console. I cannot include both SSML and a question mark because validation says: "You can only have a '?' at the end of a prompt" but for SSML you need to have the closing </speak> tag.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclude custom types from maximum langue model file size budget/limit

I get the error message:

> This may be due to an expired session, or a model that exceeds 1MB in size.

which is new a new constraint, 3 month ago that same language model worked fine (in the old alexa console, which now also throws this error message). My language model is rather huge (~2.8MB), since I'm using the occupations model of the European Commission (ESCO: https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/occupation).

It is very unfortunate that the custom types are counted against the 1 MB budget. If I used the built-in types, I could use more intents and example sentences in my…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reset the Development version of a Certified Live Skill to the Live version (if you've messed it up)

I have a certified skill, so now have a development copy hanging off it. I messed up the development version hanging off it. Is there a quick way to reset the development version back to the same as the live version to undo all my development changes?

I think it would be great to make a button to do this. Otherwise, I will try to just delete the Interaction Model JSON.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Skill Events configurable in developer console

When skill events were originally released last summer, they were only configurable from the SMAPI/CLI. The implicit reason at the time was "there's a new developer console coming, it's not worth it to implement new features on the old one".

The new skill console is out now, and it still doesn't appear that there's a way to set my skill to use skill events.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alexa hosted skill code export

The ability to export folders/files from Alexa hosted skill

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alllow other slots in slot type values.

My desire: To use slots of one type in values for slots of another type.

My reason: I am using an API that also process language. I must send a string to the API detailing an initial condition; let's call that slot X. The slot that gathers the initial condition reuses a specific word (let's call it Y) and several of it synonyms over and over again. So if i could enter values for slot X such as "my head {Y}" or "my arm {Y}", it would save me a great deal of time.

Counter Argument: Why not just concatenate…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pronounce '&'

Hello, Alexa can't pronounce the word '&'. It's very frustrating

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add DynamoDB to Alexa-hosted

In alexa-hosted, we can use S3 as persistent adapter although Iin self hosting, DynamoDB seems most popular. but S3 free tier such as 2000 PUTs per month per account is too small as persistent storage and it is totally difficult to use S3 as DB instead of DynamoDB.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PDF export and email of analytics to share with clients

Please allow exporting of analytics to pdf file as per the time range (weekly, monthly). We need this to share with clients to showcase how their Alexa skills are doing and they are getting ROI on investment. without this report not many clients would like to spend more time or money on it. Generating this report for every client manually is not possible when we have hundreds of skills. Also it would be great if this report can be emailed to given email id periodically.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. In the test simulator, accept numbers as digits, not text

In the test simulator, it would be great if "8" would be understood as a spoken word "eight" so I don't have to type a number every time. This took me about 3 hours to figure out / debug a bug in my code that wasn't there.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base