Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make better guesses when AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are in the same intent

Right now AMAZON.musician and AMAZON.musicalRecording are chosen independently when the context of the two together could be used to make better guesses.

Yesterday, my skill heard "Wonderful Night" by "Eric Clapton" and caused an error. There's no reason Alexa shouldn't be able to assume that I meant "Wonderful TOnight", a song by Eric Clapton.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a way programmatically perform the "backButton" action, e.g. from AMAZON.PreviousIntent

Currently, the skill developer must handle the AMAZON.PreviousIntent, but I expect that in most cases, all that is wanted is to verbally invoke the existing backButton behavior.
    Developer can keep track of the path and slot data that led the user to each page/context, and then reverse back through that list, but it would sure be a lot cleaner and easier if there was a way to just call the handler connected to the back button in the top left corner of the screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stopping Alexa from concatenating numbers for a particular slot

When a user says, "six five two eight one", Alexa provides the value as 65281. This is great for calculators and phone numbers.

I'm writing a skill that reads passages from the King James Bible. It would be natural for the users of my skill to ask for "John three sixteen". Unfortunately for me, that comes to my intent code as "John 316". I could interpret that one case, but there are others that would be indeterminate.

I'd like a way to turn off the number concatenation for one slot of an intent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mediaMetadata

Some interfaces of smart home skill like "ALEXA.MediaMetadata" has support only from en-US locale so it is quite difficult for developers to use these interfaces from other locales as well. Is there any method to make use of these interfaces?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow "until 7 PM" for AMAZON.DURATION slot

Let the AMAZON.DURATION slot process indirect durations from offsets of the current time.

For example, it is currently 2 PM and I elicit an AMAZON.DURATION slot from a user with a prompt like "How long would you like to stay?"

Most users will respond with a duration like "4 hours" or "30 minutes", but we've done some testing and some users would respond with an offset like "until 7 PM".

Could Alexa provide a match for AMAZON.DURATION slot with a value of "PT5H" in this scenario, because 7 PM is 5 hours from now (2PM)?

If you use an AMAZON.TIME…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Slot for IPV4 address

IP address slot

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. AMAZON.US_FIRST_NAME doesn't handle multi-word names

The built-in slot type AMAZON.USFIRSTNAME has a very large list of names, and it matches those names fairly consistently. One weakness it has, however, is that it does not handle double names (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_name), such as "*********", properly.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open the developer console
    2. Create a skill with an intent that has a slot for USFIRSTNAME
    3. Open the test console
    4. Launch the skill
    5. Attempt to the invoke the intent using the name "Billie Jean"

Expected:
    -Slot value sent to skill is "Billie Jean"

Actual:
    -Slot value sent to skill…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Post Code slot type

Include PostCode slot type

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support AMAZON.JP_CITY and AMAZON.JP_REGION

We wanna create some skills about Japanese to the Skill store in the US.
    But in the US there are no built-in list slot types about Japan.

We want to use list slots for Japanese City and Region slots like an AMAZON.ATCITY and AMAZON.ATREGION.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show pre-defined values for in-built intents

In the Alexa développer console, the Built-in intents are displayed as all other custom intents: empty.
    But that's not true since the goal of these intents is to use intents ready to use (for instance AMAZON.YesIntent already works with "yes").

Please, display from the beginning read-only values for predefined intents, in order to be clear that it is useless to re-add these values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug

It tells me to not use a } then it tells me to use a } in the instents, Why is there a cap of 800?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Specify duration for Amazon.DATE

Amazon.DATE supports values such as previous/next month, week, day or year. It doesn't support date input such as next two months. Need support to specify the duration of previous/next request for Amazon.DATE.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base