Control when A Skill goes Live
When I submit a skill for certification, there is no way to know when it is going to go live. It may go Live off-hours or when I am not available.
This causes several issues.
1) I can't promote my skill ( Can't tell my users my skill will be available on xx/xx)
2) I can't be available to monitor after initial deployment. (monitor logs, have support ready etc..)
3)I don't know when to turn on any backend API's, Systems etc. (If I have version 1.0 of let's say a lambda function on arn xxxx. I have no way of knowing when to deploy version 1.5 that contains new features etc.)
In summary, process should be as follows:
1) Receive notification that my skill has passed certification (yayyyy) press this button to make it Live.
2) I prepare all my backend systems, send out any communications.
3) Everything is ready time to press the big red button. We are now live.
Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. We are happy to inform you that the feature you have requested has launched! Please refer to the following pages for more information:
3 commentsComments are closed
Nitin Mahindrakar commented
Would love to see ASK team build this capability where skill developer can submit publish date in a field for a skill during submission for certification. This will allow Skill developer to align other activities like marketing / PR / Website updates / backend system monitoring / others.
Mark Tucker commented
There should be 3 options when you submit a skill for certification:
1) Go Live as soon as skill is certified
2) If certified in time, Go Live on DATE at TIME, otherwise manual
3) Skill will be manually set to Live
EASE Drones commented
I agree 100% I want to build momentum off of the skill being brand new on the store. If I don't know when it goes live, how to I boost my ads for the release day. Im set scrambling when I get an email at 4am telling me its live