Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Proactive Events Schema for Health Care Assessment

We are developing a health care assessment system for CareMore Health in USA.
    The skill would enable automatic health care assessment through alexa powered devices. The health care members would be asked with personalised question related to their health condition. The entire response would be updated to the electronic medical record of the member.
    Nurse practitioners would be able to configure the questions and schedule the assessment. The members would be notified about the assessment through proactive events API.

Currently we are using AMAZON.MessageAlert.Activated schema to send the notification message.
    The current notification would be like:
    "You have one new…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I understand you are experiencing issues creating an Alexa skill. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us).

Thank you!

2. Echo show screen output to a TV monitor

Would be good if i can get the output of echo show screen in a TV monitor, as echo show having small screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

3. New voices

I would love to have the Jarvis voice from iron man. Is it possible?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

4. Subtitles in Alexa calling

I regularly used Alexa Calling to talk to my 96 year old mum. Having subtitles for Echo Show would improve the conversation. Please make the font size adjustable as a large font would also help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you!

5. spam

Alexa needs spam protection.
    A user should be able to immediatly report by voice about unwanted calls or skill behaviour.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you!

6. Please , please can we have the voice of JARVIS

Please , please can we have the voice of JARVIS from Ironman

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you!

7. Card display

The text in the card doesn't change. The text of launch intent remains through out, eventhough the reponse of the subsequent shows the changing text in card.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I understand you are experiencing issues creating an Alexa skill. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us).

Thank you!

8. search function on dev portal

you need to put a beard feature for the list of skill so that people can find their skills when they create a bunch of them

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. bugs

i send you a complain about the bugs but i just saw a new bug,
    when you test hello world the output for this req is "hello yashashwini,how's it going"
    whice i discover that this yashashwini is alexa Program Manager please answer back
    thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Written commands in routines

Add ability to add a written command to a routine that would act as if the user spoke a voice command.

E.g.
    Routine scheduled at 7:00 AM:
    - turn on Light
    - tell you something new
    (New): - perform “Alexa, what is the weather in Boston?”
    (New): - perform “Alexa, open Headspace”

This would enable skills in routines while leveraging the existing abilities of the Echo, just by allowing written commands to be interpreted as voice commands on a schedule. This should be fairly simple to implement with what it is already is capable of, but would immediately and hugely…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: http://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

11. Include 'pillow' module for Lambda Functions using Python

How about including the 'pillow' imaging module for the Lambda Functions using Python like you do for EC2?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you!

12. lock a specific device

The problem I'm encountering. As I tie more and more smart devices to Alexa my home's security is dependent on my Alexa enabled devices' security. This is fine for the Fire tablet as it had a strong password. However, the Echo devices themselves are not secure and not always at the home. For example, I have a Dot at work to stream music through. Or if I take one to a vacation location where I am not the solve person responsible for granting access to the space.

My suggestion is to allow a device to be locked down when you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alexa "Stop" should work offline

I had recently the problem that my echo dot was playing awful music, but I could not stop playing the music since I had a temporally network issue. "Alexa, Stop" does require internet, that seems to be wrong!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base