Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would be lovely if Alexa'd have russian language support. Some friends of mine and I were thinking of bringing Alexa to grandparents as they don't use any smart devices and speaking would be the easiest way for them.

749 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Routed  ·  468 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add the Vietnamese language so users can talk to Alexa in Vietnamese. We love Alexa!

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please add Dutch language support for Alexa and make it available in The Netherlands.

You can contact me if there is a beta program or if I can help with voice recognition.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Romanian as a supported language so users can talk to Alexa in Romanian

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please consider Czech language support for Alexa, as it is a highly developed country in terms of e-commerce, and as well as one of Amazon's logistics centres is located there. Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to be able to pick specific days to run routines, not only ONE day of the week, weekdays or weekends.
    Currently if I want to run a routine on -say- Tuesday and Thursday I have to create the routine twice and select Tuesday and Thursday routine days separately.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep  the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and  Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been  received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration.  You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature  request: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

8. "Alexa alert me when the temperature drops below 50 degrees"

As the seasons change, my animals need to come in earlier/ later. I would like to be able to do that by setting a temp alert instead of a timer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ukrainian language voice support

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Routed  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My 84 year old Dad would make use of Alexa calling capabilities but does not have a cell phone, and therefore cannot receive a text to setup contacts. Without contacts his failing memory needs to remember phone numbers. He has an iPod with contacts yet this cannot be used because it's not tied to a cell number and we cannot use a text to email kind of function to setup contacts. Even a manual contact entry would be sufficent for the 10-12 numbers he calls regularly. Would be most helpful in emergency situations..Alexa, Call Jay. Am aware of "Ask My…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Many teachers are teaching from home. I wish we could tell Alexa our bell schedule and she would ring the bell at the beginning and end of periods. It is badly needed in the pandemic. School children would use it to keep on schedule as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a stutter, and find it hard to say any of the wake words easy. Could an option be added for users to say “Hey Alexa” rather than just “Alexa”

Whenever I say Hey Alexa, it doesn’t seem to recognise it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep  the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and  Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been  received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration.  You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature  request: https://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

13. We need Serbian language support to develop local Alexa skills.

Help in understanding language maybe can provide AlfaNum from Novi Sad with their API.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As of today, most of the audio routines can only be run from one device. Any routine should be able to be run on all devices at once. For example, playing a sound on a schedule.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to be able to set scheduled vacations in the Alexa app. Especially for routines and Guard mode. When I leave home there is no way to turn off my routines that I don’t want to run when I’m away.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. My grandfather uses alexa for menial requests such as the date and time, weather forecasts, reading the bible etc... However he often makes requests like such: "Alexa kindly <operation>" which she unfortunately doesn't comprehend. Is it possible to add some degree of adverb functionality/recognition in?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We are developing a health care assessment system for CareMore Health in USA.
    The skill would enable automatic health care assessment through alexa powered devices. The health care members would be asked with personalised question related to their health condition. The entire response would be updated to the electronic medical record of the member.
    Nurse practitioners would be able to configure the questions and schedule the assessment. The members would be notified about the assessment through proactive events API.

Currently we are using AMAZON.MessageAlert.Activated schema to send the notification message.
    The current notification would be like:
    "You have one new…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Routed  ·  sstearl responded

Hello,

I understand you are experiencing issues creating an Alexa skill. We are currently using UserVoice to field feature requests at this time. For the quickest support, please reach out to our support team on our Forums here (forums.developer.amazon.com/index.html) or Contact Us form here (developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us).

Thank you!

18. I'd like to be able to tell Alexa to "don't stop" while reading wikipedia articles. It's very annoying to be listening to an article and keep getting prompted to continue. If I'm done listening, I can cancel, just like I can cancel any other skill that's in progress.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to say "Alexa, what's on NBC (or ABC, or CBS, etc.) tonight and be given the rundown of what's showing. I was able to do this until very recently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I have garage door on open when my device comes home. When I go for walk around neighborhood I don't want the garage door to open when I walk home.

Have a routine called "going for walk" the routine waits for a few seconds then locks the doors and a few other things

Would like the ability that will suspend the door opening for a set period of time when I active a "going for walk" routine

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?