Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide device timezone in Alexa requests

I have created a skill that manages daily routines. When invoked, the skill needs to calculate If a user completed a task on the same day.

As of now, I'm guessing the timezone by the locale, but this is far from exact.

Asking for the postal code permission is a deal breaker.

I'm sure there are a lot of other skills that also would benefit from knowing the timezone.

135 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Slot Values

I have a skill that looks up property management information for apartment buildings. We have over 150 properties which are defined as values for a slot. 4 digit property numbers for values and string property names as synonyms.

I would like to be able to query a database for the slot values and synonyms dynamically at runtime.

85 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. We are happy to inform you that the feature you have requested has launched!

You can read more on our blog: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/db4c0ed5-5a05-4037-a3a7-3fe5c29dcb65/use-dynamic-entities-to-create-personalized-voice-experiences

Developer documentation can be found here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/use-dynamic-entities-for-customized-interactions.html

3. Ability to get a link to the skill in Amazon Store

Right now it’s impossible to get the link to the skill in the Skills Store. After the skill is published, you need to go to the store and search for it manually.

It would be great to have an ability to fetch this link via SMAPI. Here is an example of the link I’m talking about: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077CW6TH8/.

As I can see, the main part of this link is the product ID, so at least having a product ID in skill manifest in SMAPI would be insanely helpful.

Thanks.

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display Image on 'Now Playing' screen on Echo Show

On the Echo Show audio files just show "Now playing" with a generic audio image. Should be able to customize the track name and album artwork that is displayed while the audio is being played when triggered by a custom skill.

Perhaps this could work as additional parameters with the AudioPlayer directive or embedded in the mp3 files themselves.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. We are happy to inform you that the feature you have requested has launched! Please refer to the following pages for more information:

Blog: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/ccb2d51c-3eb8-4fa4-8c04-709e4294b929/enhance-your-audio-skill-visuals-for-echo-show-and-echo-spot

AudioPlayer on Echo Show and Echo Spot: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/audioplayer-interface-reference.html#audioplayer-display-device

Guidelines for Images for Echo Show and Echo Spot: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/audioplayer-interface-reference.html#images

5. Enable AudioPlayer interface on Fire TV devices

Fire TV devices offer a very economical and accessible way for blind people to interact with Alexa. However, at the moment:

"Note: Fire TV devices do not currently support the AudioPlayer "interface".

It would open up a huge potential user base to get this interface enabled as soon as possible. Thank you.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Spanish language

Add Spanish as a supported language so users can talk to Alexa in Spanish

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Launched  ·  Alexa Admin responded
  7. Bulk copy and paste new Slot

It's pretty critical to be able to upload a file to generate a custom slot. We have a couple slots with many hundreds of values and hand building a new slot would be a huge undertaking across all the language types. This flat out won't work for us.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need information for skill id

Where to check the Alexa Skill ID, on this new console..

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proactive Notification template for events with custom string message (e.g. Birthdays, Meetings..)

I would like to send a custom notification to users: For example: "I just wanted to remind you: <customMesage>.

A concrete scenario could be:
    " I just wanted to remind you: Tommorrow is Jason's birthday"

Or

"I just wanted to remind you: Coding interview with Jason Matt tomorrow.

Currently there are no suitable event schema available for the mentioned scenarios.

Regards
    Oredein

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. We are happy to inform you that the feature you have requested has launched! Please refer to the following pages for more information:
    https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/e65a0e17-2716-4714-8d02-a50210fdd494/now-available-enable-reminders-for-your-skills-with-alexa-reminders-api

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/smapi/alexa-reminders-api-reference.html

10. Set a reminder via my skill

It would be nice to be able to set a reminder from my own skill.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/e65a0e17-2716-4714-8d02-a50210fdd494/now-available-enable-reminders-for-your-skills-with-alexa-reminders-api

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/smapi/alexa-reminders-api-reference.html

11. Skill Submission Review Tracking

Is there anyway , we can track the progress on the review process of my skill submission ? Currently , I dont have any other way other than just waiting on amazon to turn around and review my submission.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Verbose error messages

Error messages at the moment are not verbose enough. Recently I started getting error: "Error occured: INVALID_RESPONSE, An exception occurred while dispatching the request to the skill.". I had to debug it for ages to figure out that the problem was that my response was too big. Couldn't the error tell it? It says when SSML is wrong, but not stuff like this?

As I said, my idea would be to add more verbose error messages to tell more info what is wrong with the response.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Python support to ask-cli

ask-cli is heavily geared towards Node.JS and it isn't straightforward to deploy Lambdas written in Python (or other supported Lambda languages).

There seems to be some support for metaData.runTime other than nodejs8.10 in one of the ask-cli source files but I haven't found a way to use it.

Ideally ask-cli should accept --runtime parameter when creating a new skill:

ask new --name whatever --runtime python3.6

And 'ask deploy' would then create the function with the correct runtime settings. It shouldn't be difficult to add.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide Buttons example for Python ASK-SDK

Port the existing skill-sample-nodejs-buttons-trivia repo to Python

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide examples on how to use dialog model and elicit slot using python ASK-SDK.

Please consider adding examples on how to set up simple dialogs using the new python ASK-SDK.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide AudioPlayer example for Python ASK-SDK

Could you please create a python version of the skill-sample-nodejs-audio-player sample code? I'd love to see a multi-stream example where the user could skip forward / backwards by a user specified number of seconds.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alexa in Italy

When will Amazon Alexa be available in Italy?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Launched  ·  Alexa Admin responded
  18. Writing Skills in Spanish (US) Language

Hi, It will be great to be able to write an skill for the (US) but in Spanish.
    Something like "Spanish (US)".

I have in mind this great skill for the Spanish speaking language in the USA.

Best
    Diego

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. We are happy to inform you that the feature you have requested has launched! Please refer to the following pages for more information: Please see the technical document here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/develop-skills-in-multiple-languages.html

Please see the blog post here: https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/3cea1fe4-0f94-4ea7-948e-0b647018cb6c/how-to-update-your-alexa-skills-for-us-spanish

19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skill Certification Pass/Fail Status Display in ASK

Highlight if a skill passed/failed certification within the ASK console. Currently I have to check my email to know if a skill failed/passed certification.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Launched  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base