Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to view analytics on a blueprint skill

I have a flash briefing skill that I made in blueprints and i'm not able to view any analytics on that said skill. So for the last 2 weeks, I've been updating my flash briefing but I still don't know if anyone subscribed to my skill or even listening. I would love to be able to see how many subscribers I have or any engagements. Thank you

12 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Developer Page/Profile in Alexa Skill Store

It would be great to have a "Developer page" in the skill store, like a profile that lists all skills that this developer has published.

I.e. make the name of the developer clickable in the skill store and show all skills that this person/company has published.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alexa auto Invoke to read Notification

I want to create some skills that could aromatically invoke Alexa to return some notifications upon satisfying certain criterion like meeting certain conditions or at certain time period. So, I want Alexa Team to make such a feature so that developers can use it.
    For example :There is a notification message which you want Alexa to automatically read out by getting automatically invoked at a certain time upon satisfying certain condition.

Please, create such a feature and for any quwriqu regarding this idea please follow back.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow skills to bind to a custom wake word.

Allow users or to configure wake words to use a specific skill as the context.

Probably best to use the skills installed as the wake word and have a finite list of currently active wake words.

Alexa, ask Lyft how much a Lyft Plus from home to work
    becomes
    Lyft how much is a Lyft Plus from home to work

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autosave please!

Please auto save! I've lost many edits on the older-version of this tool due to the lack of autosave. :)

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  Alexa Admin responded

Thank you for submitting an Alexa feature request. Your request has been received.

6. Create widget to access alexa lists

Would like to widget on home screen to access lists

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable custom slot validation for multi-turn dialogs when using manual delegation to provide a default.

The use case is described in the docs here: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/delegate-dialog-to-alexa.html#default-value-example

The exception being that I'm using a custom slot with validation (entity resolution). If I send a response back with Dialog.Delegate and include the entity resolution in that response, it's ignored by the Alexa service.

A more complete description of the issue with example code can be found here: https://github.com/alexa/alexa-skills-kit-sdk-for-python/issues/85

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When Alexa app will be officially available in Switzerland?

When Alexa will be officially available in switzerland?

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide programmatic access to device wake word

Allow skill builders to reference the wake word for a device when sending responses back from a skill.

This would allow skill builders the ability to include precise instructions for how to use the skill or Alexa 1p functionality to their customers.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stateful interaction model

Imagine a situation. I have a simple game, which uses states. One state is initial, another one is game state and the last one is the end game state.

I have x amount of intents which are: launch, answer, pass a question, players amount, stop, yes and no intents. I know that these are not all of the required intents, but I want to keep this example short.

Lets say player launches the game. At this state I want user to say how many players he wants to play with. But because game answer intent has a lot of answers…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include the skill name in the "beta test complete" notification

In the notification "Beta test for Alexa skill is complete" please include the respective skill name. We have many skills in development at at any given time and it's really annoying to look through all of them and check which one expired.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Alexa Smart Home: actual support for devices which are traditionally controlled by up/down or open/close switches

If you want to add the ability to, for example, control blinds in your smart home skill, the only option you have is the Alexa.PercentageController Interface.
    This leaves you with the option to control your blinds by saying something like: "Alexa, set blinds to sixty". This feels very unnatural in our opinion. Wouldn't it be much more convenient to control such devices by saying: "Alexa, open/close blinds"? An optional "Alexa, stop" utterance could then interrupt the process.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  4 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support display directives in progressive responses

Currently, progressive responses only support voice/audio directives. Our skill can often take 5 - 8 seconds to complete its API calls to load up data required by a user's particular request. We would like to send down a display directive in a progressive response, allowing us to show a "splash screen" on Echo Show/Spot/Fire Cube (?) while the user waits for her request to be fulfilled.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Multimodal / Visual Cards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support for Old Console Style Intents and Utterances

Allow for the creation and pasting of intent schema and sample utterance in the style of the old console. Provide a box to write sample utterances and intent schema into in the old style.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Function of volume leveling

I have created skill introduces steps to cook meals with voice.
    I have a problem. A gap between guidance in my skill and alexa’s voice are so different.

But I can’t change volume of guidance, because they’re used in so many other platforms and they’re affected too.

Could you provide a function to adjust volume of media in video player and audio player?

That would be nice.Thanks!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Guard to detect Dog barking

I love the fact that the Guard feature will alert me to breaking glass or a smoke detector going off. But it would be even better if it could also let me know if my dog starts barking so that I know to check in to see what is going on.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Skill Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If then else, variables, and subroutines

When a routine is triggered (e.g. motion detected) i would like to be able to run one of multiple possible routines (sub routines) depending on variable i could set in others.

For example i run a routine when i go to bed that turns off my lights and plays soft music for an hour. I would like to be able to also set the variable $inbed = true and then in my motion detected routine have if $inbed then table light on else all lights on and then my wake up/alarm routine can set $in_bed = false as…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Routines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable work with Echo Spot in-built camera on custom skill development

I would like suggest the possibility of incorporating a Camera Skill Kit in order to allow developers to manage the Echo Spot/Show in-built camera on custom skills.

I am thinking about all kind of skills that developers could design, like facial scanners, fall detector, etc..

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support authorization when getting audio files to be played using the AudioPlayer

Currently audio files must be hosted on an Internet-accessible HTTPS endpoint on port 443 and authorization isn't supported, so a developer can't use an endpoint that requires authorization.
    This limits the choices of media and forces customers to make audio files publicly accessible, while a customer should have the option to make his audio files available only through the Alexa skill/Mobile app he owns.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Setting up routines and reminders through an API

Allow development of custom app with feature compatibility with Alexa Companion App. This can be done through exposing functionality like setting up reminders, routines, address book, calling and messaging through either avs-SDK or expose server APIs.

This will be particularly useful in Alexa for Business settings.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base