Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow HTTPS service endpoint with an ipv6 only dns entry (AAAA record) for the domain

I would like to be able to test new skills on a local server which is only accessible via a public ipv6 address. The domain/subdomain has an appropriate dns entry (AAAA record) and ssl certificate.
    As of now, neither the developer console nor a live test with an Echo is able to resolve the domain name.

I originally asked this as a question to the developer support and they suggested to raise the topic here.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can i connect Alexa with Wallmote and invoke Alexa by triggering without using wake up word.

I want to connect Alexa with wallmote in IOT, and want to wake Alexa when a switch has been pressed in wallmote, without saying the invoke word "Alexa", For this is there of any possibilities of writting trigger function in API's or event creation when button pressed in wallmote.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. move or hide How to get started

How to get started should have close button or be moved to new Help tab.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. build tab tweaks for grown ups

feedback form is not sticky,
    what I was saying is the getting started video front and center of the Build tab annoys me,
    but love everythjing else about the developer console

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CanFulfillIntentRequest should give access to the rough location of the user

CanFulfillIntentRequest should provide some basic context for the user such as (general) location information. My skill is only useful to people in a particular geographic region (the 5 boroughs of New York City). It'd make sense to allow it to fulfill intent requests originating from New York, but not from Chicago. I don't think think there's any way to distinguish at this time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Limit test portal to utterances in skill being tested

Please limit the testing portal to the present skill being tested. What I mean is I have a skill with invocation name "game game"..its a dummy invocation name..now in the test portal whenever I use say open game game, Alexa starts suggesting games like rock paper scissors and all that instead of actually opening my skill. This is highly frustrating..and this issue doesn't happen when I test my skill on my device..so the test portal's purpose becomes void.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Dialog Delegation Setting for Intents

Auto Delegate Dialog Completion Setting in the Interaction Model would be a great feature to have. Currently, all IN PROGRESS dialogs are sent to the http/lambda endpoint incurring a trip to the lambda/function only for the lambda/function to respond with a fixed Dialog.Delegate response. Granted in some scenarios you want to update the intent, however in most cases if all we want to do is let Alexa handle the dialog completion, I would like to save the Lambda/Function invocation. While creating the Intent, I would simply like to check a box that says "Let Alexa handle dialog completion".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow us-east-2

Please allow Alexa skills in the default Lambda region which is us-east-2

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. InvalidSkillStage

When the skill is in the certification process, it shouldn't say that that there is a violation that requires re-building the interaction model. You can't build while it is in review.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Intent Grouping and Per-Intent Endpoints

This is a two part feedback.

1. For enterprise scale conversational apps, we need the ability to group the Intents by Domains/Business Lines (think Auto Insurance, Loans, etc.).

2. Secondly, the endpoint invoked by the skill should really be at the Intent Level rather than at the Skill level considering the Skill has multiple intents. Is this the future direction or are we expected to build an Intent Router on the backend to then relay the Intent Requests to appropriate APIs or lambda functions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sandbox

Is there a sandbox environment for testing Inskills purchasing?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Start Alexa skills from Smarthome with the push of a button.

We program skills with which people with speech and language disorders can train with alexa. the tests with the patients run well but the biggest problem the people have is pronouncing the invacation name. it would be great if you could start a skill by touch (Alexa app) like with google assistant for smartphones.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Utterance insert bug on Android

Sample Utterances text box on mobile is bugged.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add alexa smart home directive to remove a grant (Unlink / Disable skill)

Similarly to the AcceptGrant Directive. https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-authorization.html#acceptgrant

Would be nice to receive an event (DeleteGrant?) whenever the user tap on the disable skill button.

In this way we can clean/free resources on our side too.
    Currently the only way to detect that a user had disabled the skill is with the error response from the alexa event gateway.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Received  ·  sstearl responded

Hello,

Thank you for submitting an Alexa Skills Feature Request. To keep the site purpose-driven and actionable, we only surface Alexa skills and Alexa developer feature requests at this time. Your request has been received and routed to the appropriate internal team for consideration. You can review our guidelines for how to post an effective feature request here: http://alexa.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1823500

Thank you!

15. Provide alexa feedback for each smarthome skill error type

There are few error types available when replying to an alexa event: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-errorresponse.html#error-type-values

Seems that the error type does not influence the response of alexa to the user..
    See: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/176777/smart-home-skill-error-response.html

Please document how alexa will react to each error.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support AMAZON.JP_CITY and AMAZON.JP_REGION

We wanna create some skills about Japanese to the Skill store in the US.
    But in the US there are no built-in list slot types about Japan.

We want to use list slots for Japanese City and Region slots like an AMAZON.ATCITY and AMAZON.ATREGION.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Voice & Tone simulator – please allow dynamic width!

The Voice & Tone tab has a fixed width and the text doesn't wrap. So when pasting in speech strings, it's really difficult to make micro SSML adjustments because you don't have a full visual of the string. This is bad for 2 reasons:

1) scrolling left/right on your trackpad can very easily bring you to the previous webpage in your browser and lose your work. this is very frustrating when it happens!!

2) the other work around is manually breaking your strings into chunks that match the fixed width of the window, which is annoying and potentially error prone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skill Earnings month selection dropdown is broken

On the skill earnings tab of the Alexa developer console, there is a dropdown to select the month and year for which you'd like to view earnings. The default is to the current month, and the dropdown is ordered sequentially.

Unfortunately, the dropdown's height seems to be locked to the height of the div behind it, so if the div behind it is small, several months towards the end of the year get cut off from the drop down, and there is no scroll bar (or middle-button scroll) on the dropdown, making it impossible to select the elements at the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a German speechcon for "Menno".

Please add the German "Menno" to the German speechcons. I really need that! :-)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow to add custom channels in Video Skills

At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base