Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a German speechcon for "Menno".

Please add the German "Menno" to the German speechcons. I really need that! :-)

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to add custom channels in Video Skills

At the moment there is a hardcoded list of channels in the video skill. It should be possible to add new channels to the list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support DRM Streams in VideoAppLaunchDirective

Video Streams with DRM will lead to an error on Echo Show

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide a "Flash Briefing error" webhook for developers

It would be great to be notified if there any of our Live Flash Briefing skills experience an error on the users' Echo device.

We provide a custom error message that gets read to the customer, but the developer doesn't get notified when an error occurs. If a webhook was provided, developers could collect stats and setup alerts so we're aware of errors.

At the moment, the only indication something is wrong is by viewing the analytics for EACH flash briefing. Since there is no analytics API for flash briefing skills at this time this also is a manual process.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User Friendly Payment Report Download

Hi - Please make the Payment report download more user friendly - currently it's difficult to read and doesn't actually 'download' just takes me to another page!
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recognize the correct pronunciation of words that are regionally/cultrally significant. ie: Māori, or Te Reo in the ANZ region.

This is applicable to other regions as well, but my local example is that many Māori words are used with in regular New Zealand speech. At a minimum the word Māori should be recognized when pronounced correctly. To clarify I am not asking for the complete model of the language

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An IAM permissions 'calculator' that generates a custom/baseline policy for external Skill Devs

Solely to address 'least permissive' practices during the engagement of a developer with an AWS account having been engaged to work to create a Alexa skill(s) on behalf of another AWS account.

Although some of the role templates in IAM are comprehensive, the concept of "Least permissive is always the best approach." 'could' be strengthened by being verifiable to a posted AWS best practice set of specific outlined activities.

The benefit is that a 3rd party sees that AWS has published those permission sets; the Dev. is able to refer to AWS distilling a best-practices starting point, and 'least permissive'…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Smart home skill for thermostat, schedule not active - error message for resume schedule command

I want a custom error for the case when my thermostat is not in a scheduled setting. For this, I wanted to use the "NOTINOPERATION" error type but i don't get a very clear message. I would like something like: "The thermostat does not have any schedule to resume"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Personalizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support for Amazon.Litteral in French

hello when the support of Amazon.Litteral will be done for French Skills ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Regiment when AMAZON.Date return days in the past

Right now, it's completely random how AMAZON.Date understands whether day of the week are in the past or the future. ("What's the weather Sunday?")

Half the time AMAZON.Date return last Sunday, the other half the next Sunday.

This should be regimented. Past days should only be returned when the user say "last Sunday" or "this past Sunday", etc.

Really shouldn't need to argue for this. It's completely crazy that this hasn't be dealt with by now!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to set up different payment info for earnings from different geographies

Currently all Amazon earnings from Alexa have to paid into the same bank account - please could developers have the option of directing Amazon US earnings into a US account, and EU earnings into another to save losing money on currency conversion.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Monetization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give the ability to cache files on the user's device or account

Give the ability to cache files on the user's device or account.

I'm making a skill that involves playing a large sounds file for the user. The bandwidth charges for this can get pretty high and if a lot of people are using the skill response can get slow. It would be great to be able to cache the file so after they play it the first time it plays locally.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make skill permissions configurable per locale

Today, skill permissions (push notifications, device location, etc) are configured for a given skill on a global basis - if I turn on list management permissions to use with en-US, it will be enabled for every language model my skill implements. This doesn't mean that I have to use those permissions in every locale - it's still up to my skill to choose when to take advantage of them. But it does mean that users will be prompted for them.

This is a problem for a couple reasons:
    1. As a developer, I may have legitimate reasons for not using…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Permissions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. About repetitive input

We repeatedly input the same sentence from the keyboard and test it. For example, if you can easily select what you entered in the past with the arrow keys on your keyboard, you will be more convenient, we would like to add that function.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add 'Save' button in Discription so it will not re-direct me to next page.

Under Distribution please add one more button. 'Save and Continue' is already present but also add just 'Save' button. Because if I just edit Descriptions and press just 'Save', it won't take me to next page. Currently only save and continue option is so irritating when I just want to Save and stay on same page.
    In just on sentence: Add Save button to Save and Stay on same page instead of re-directing to next page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. larger input box for testing alexa skills

Give us more room to type input on the Test window for alexa skills.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. allow non standard characters in invocation word

would like alexa to accomodate not english words for english use in invocation words . An example would be like "Déjà vu." While Alexa is able to interpret this exact pronunciation and spelling when transcribing (speech to text), it is not able to interpret for invocation words because these non-standard characters are not allowed (é, à).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give us insight on what is happening while a skill is "in review"

It seems you fix an error and you go BACK to the beginning of the "in review" que?

Is there one skill ahead of me? One thousand?

Who knows ANYTHING about the process?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. update documentation for customer contact API

The documentation the the customer contact API says to use the following end points "/v2/accounts/~current/settings/Profile.name". A follow up note says: "~current" represents the userId of the current user (account that invoked your skill).

I read that and assume I need to replace "~current" with the userID... which isn't the case (after 2 days of off/on testing).

Additional detail here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/179334/how-do-you-request-user-contact-information.html?childToView=180317#answer-180317

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Track the answer of question asked to alexa

If we asked a question to alexa and user answer it then there has to be a way to find that this answer is given by user for this perticular question. for ex. if alexa asked di you mean artist A or artist B or artist C and user answered artist C, then we should know that this answer is for this perticular question only.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base