Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support all available Amazon Polly languages in Alexa SSML tags

As of today, Amazon Polly has a korean voice available. However, this language can not be used in the Alexa SSML lang markup.

Please consider supporting all available Amazon Polly voices in Alexa as well.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  International/regions/languages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make alexa to take input like "double nine" or "triple six" and convert it into respective numbers.

If the user says something like "Double nine seven three four three eight two double six" for the phone number 9973438266, as is the case with a lot of users, alexa can't convert it to a number.
    As of now, if the user says "Double (some number)", Alexa behaves unreliably. Sometimes it sends a question mark (?) and sometimes some unwanted request is called.
    As this is one of the most common ways to provide numbers, It would be good if this option is added to alexa sound library.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK Sound Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Locale information to the SmartHome API, in particular discovery

I had posted this previously but it seems to have disappeared?

With the SmartHome SDK there is a need to prevent users accessing interfaces that are not in specific regions. For example, an Australian customer accessing the US endpoint may or may not have access to the SceneController capability or the TemperatureSensor capability.

This is controlled at a level below the specific Alexa Gateway as some gateways only support some interfaces in some languages. We need a mechanism to identify which interfaces are supported.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. API to set endpoint.

particularly when testing, the endpoint address may change...regularly. Testing using a service such as NGROK for example it likely to change when services go down. if the host could create the end point and call an API to set it up that would be just great.

thanks for considering.

G

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include a pre-defined key name in UserId for interactions coming from certification process

I run analysis against my skills to understand customer usage patterns. However, for some of my lower volume skills, this data can be clouded by interactions that happen for certification testing - and I have no way to know what traffic is from real users vs. certification testers. It would be great if userId's from certification testers included a specific format or key name (like "CERT") so I could filter them out in my analysis.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Certification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add S3 Persistence Support to ASK SDK for Python

Currently the ASK SDK for Python supports data persistence using DynamoDB and it is recommended to use it, however, to expand some capabilities that only S3 can provide is a great alternative. the SDK for NodeJS already includes support for this officially. Not sure if this can be useful, I have implemented it and the information can be found here https://github.com/frivas/alexa-s3-persistence-python

I hope you find it useful.
    Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to interrupt apps and call appropriate callback

Allow developers to be able to define callbacks for user interruptions.

At the moment, as soon as Alexa start responding to the user, he must listen to the full response or quit the app.
    There's no option to suppress current response and stay in the app.

Consider an example:
    Alexa: I found three news articles related to your query. Article #1: [title of the article] Article #2: [title of the article] Article #3: [title of the article]

Assume that the app allows the user to then listen to the full article. He needs to wait for the full message to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When are we having Spanish (US) Voice Language

Hi
    We need the Voice Language Spanish in the USA

Something like "Spanish (US)".

I have in mind this great skill for the Spanish speaking language in the USA.

Best
    Diego

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alexa planner or calendar to ad things to it like your work schedule without having to link your phone or personal information

Having a skill to have a calendar or scheduler to ad meetings or work schedule without having to line your phone or use any personal information

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Save, Disallow Build during certification

In developer console, I would let developers to SAVE the skill during certification stage and I would not BUILD the model. Bu this, it would be possible to continue development while putting in pause the distribution of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable abilitng to see what’s playing on video devices via Alexa app

I can currently see what is music playing on devices through the Alexa app but I do not have the ability to see what’s being watched via my video streaming devices.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ASK-CLI YAML as option for configs instead of json

JSON is great, but YAML is way easier. Especially the configs for models can be quite long and the ability to add comments in YAML would really make it easier to read.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modify the APL Tool to reduce the amount of scrolling and have less white space

The current design of the APL Tool requires a lot of scrolling. I'd prefer to have two columns. The left column would have a tab across the top with options for Document | Resource | Styles | Layouts | Datasources. The json code would be displayed below the tab which would allow a lot more lines to be displayed with an option of increasing the font size. If Layouts is selected, an option could be made available to change between the diagrams and json code. The right column would have a top and bottom section with the preview on top…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View/Sort Skills that are Screen/Display Ready

It would be great to have way to see what skills are Echo Show/Spot/Any Screen and/or display ready.

Otherwise people don't know what skills are just going to be audio, or have visuals on them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. allow for more than one invocation name

I build skills for banks and CUs. In reality, some end users will include the term "bank" when they ask Alexa for something and others won't. I'd like the ability that for a bank skill, the main invocation name would be "XYZ United Bank," but that I can mask variations of this such as "XYZ United" that will also work. This is critical to user satisfaction!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alexa Simulator - speak words should be output instead of "triggered Intent"

When the Alexa simulator says "You just triggered <MyCustomIntent>", there should be some cue, message, indication, of the words in the intent handler code are not being heard. It's clear the intent handler was reached, the handler uses speak, how could anyone know what the problem is?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. revert to opening console in-page

opening new tabs is extremely annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reuse request

In the list with request and response history, a click on a request should fill in the clicked text into the textbox to use it again

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SSML validation

By surfing the forums I found that a lot of users have problems validating their ssml. Constant issues are misplaced tags, unclosed tags, missing brackets or extra spaces inside of the tags.

Because error message says only, that input was invalid users don't know what was invalid and they keep asking the same thing - to explain them what is wrong with their ssml, which most of the time is one of the problems I mentioned before.

My suggestion would be to add a better validation for ssml, including 'Voice & Tone' tab. It should give better messages to at…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base