Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dialog Builder Tool

I think it is very hard to design a complete and complex Dialog. Happy Paths are easy and I already used the tool Storywriter but it's not a clear way. You always forget an error Path and you never know what crazy stuff a user might say at a point. You are developing and recognize: Oh man, I need to talk to the product owner again, what to do in this special case.
    It's very hard to work when developers and product owner are working together on that dialog. It's such a time waist.
    I would love to use a…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allows text align on list templates

Allow for text to be top aligned in list templates.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Voice & Tone without interaction model

Should be able to test "Voice & Tone" without having interaction model properly built.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One button to get skill summary since the day of publishing.

There should be a button to get the summary of skill since the first day of publishing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shared Slots

The ability to share a slot between skills would help builders and reduce the necessity to resubmit multiple skills for the same reason.

For example, an artist slot may require a large data set and may require regular updates. This would then require the skill to be resubmitted for certification. If 2 skills use a similar slot this would then require 2 slots to be updated and so on. And of course, each skill would need to go through certification again.

By having the ability to create your own global slot, the slot itself could have a certification process thus…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Built-in Intent / Slots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support canceling a "build model" action that's in progress

Add a cancel button for the "Build Model" action

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Developer console: display all option

The ADC now loads only in chunks of ~20 skills. I have 300 skills, and each has two versions. I need to scroll and scroll to see the entire list, which important when I need to see the parent/child relationship between the prod + dev versions.

Can you offer a display-all direct link?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enhance the dashboard

Please provide the stat about public comments, rating, post and county wise enabling data in map.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. multilingual UI

Hi,
    while alexa skill development ,i found that create skill in multilingual quite complicated.
    so make it simple UI if possiable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API call for Altering Custom Slot Type Values at Runtime

I am new to Alexa development. I realised that some of my custom type values can alter at runtime. As opposed to doing more NLP processing in the backend, perhaps there should be an API call to allow custom slot type values to be altered on the fly?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. View JSON event in testing console

In testing where can I view the request and intent being sent? In the previous console sending text would also show the JSON that was sent to alexa. I need this request for debugging.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. One Flash Briefing skill should be available in all marketplace

Recently we have published a Flash Briefing skill for our company but it is only available on 1 marketplace which is associated to my ID. I think there should be a feature that allow Flash Briefing skill to publish in all market places this will make management of content easy for the admin as the content will be same for all the marketplace.

Also if the content is different for each market place then either user can create separate skill for each market or may be you can add a feature in skill creation step when developer can give separate…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Flash Briefing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Interface Descriptions

In order for Echo Show to play videos the Skill needs both the Video Interface and the Display Interface enabled.

It is not explained in the documentation that the Display Interface needs to be enabled for a skill to play a video.

This issue caused a large amount of wasted development time. Please consider changing the Interface descriptions and/or documentation to reflect this.

Thank you,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add language drop down to Test tab

Hi. It would be nice if we could toggle between the different supported languages in the Test tab. Currently you need to go back to the build tab, switch languages, then go back to test tab.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3rd Party Skills in Templates

With the release of Skill Templates, Amazon has an very easy way to implement one of the most requested features: allow 3rd party skills to be invoked without saying an invocation phrase.

Templates should support 3rd party skills. The "Custom Q&A" Template allows Alexa to answer questions without invocation phrases (e.g., "What's dad's phone number?") It should also allow such questions to invoke 3rd party skills selected by the user.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Kids skill support for India

I want to develop Alexa kids skill for India, Could you please let me know when Amazon add support for it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Measure with Graph

This may have been posted, as I am not looking into the forum but am posting the idea from within my console... when it comes to the Measure section since the update I can no longer seem to find a line graph representation of my data. Can that be brought back? If inquired about already may this serve as an addition to populace of change.

Also, if it's here and I'm not seeing it then something in the UI isn't intuitive.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Intent confirmation doesn't allow $

I have the following Intent Confirmation:

Ok, got it. Let me confirm. You want to pick up a car on {startDate} at the {pickupLocation} and return it on {endDate} for a daily rate of ${rentalRate} , right?

The slot type for rentalRate is number. In order to say the decimal value of rentalRate as "thirty-nine dollars and ninety-nine cents", I need to use the $ before it. There is no SSML say-as to make a decimal number into a currency.

The UI gives me the following error when I try to add the dollar sign: "You have invalid characters"

This…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automated reports for analytics

Request for a new option.
    I need a way to automatically export reports from the "Measure Skills" page. Could you get this feature in there?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Metrics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base