Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alexa Support Center Portal Request

It would be great if there was an Alexa Support Center Portal comparable to the AWS Support Center Portal.

This would make it much easier to submit and track any and all Alexa specific support requests beyond posting to the Alexa forums which is great for a variety of general to specific questions, but falls short for addressing specific account-related and proprietary questions and such.

Further, having this feature would minimize time and friction going back-and-forth between the AWS Support Team through the AWS Support Center and the Alexa Support Team through the Alexa Forums, Contact Us, Email, etc and…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve developer support

When testing a Skill I recived this messsage "Claro, pero primero debes pedirle a uno de tus padres que abra la app Alexa de su teléfono y active las Skills infantiles." Since I am in spain there is no alexa app available on the marketplace, and the link to manage it on amazon website seem to work only in amazon.com
    Any ideas how should I debug my skill in spain.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. deleting an intent should remove required slots from dialogModel

deleted intent with required slots still has required slots in dialogModel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Suggestion for Skill List page

Please consider an option to hide the banners in Skill List page. On a higher resolution screen, we don't see any skill -- just banners and a table header. I have to scroll down to see my skill every time. I read the banner text once and prefer hiding it most of the time. What I want to see and click on is the actual skill entry itself. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vertical Scroll bar in Intent Window

Dear Team,

Appreciate, if there is a vertical scrollbar in the intents list window. This will be of great help for the skill developer. Synonymous screen like hotmail folder split with scroll bar,

with regards,
    Repath Athyala

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow selection of AWS regions in ASK CLI deployments

The ASK CLI automatically defaults to the US Virginia region, which is not optimal for many users outside the US.

Whilst this can be manually changed later, it seems like an obvious confirmation option to add (to honour the AWS profile defaults for example).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Management API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to create devices with ASK SDK

Currently I wasn't able to find an option to create a smart home device in NodeJS ASK SDK. It only allows to create event handlers. For instance Insteon skill for Alexa allows to create devices that alexa can communicate directly with (i.e. you can ask alexa to turn on light switch derectly without saying: "tell skillname to turn on the lights").

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing scrollbar in Simulator

Please bring the scrollbar back to the alexa simulator. It dissapered today.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Test Simulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make slot name/type unique per intent

Currently slot name/type combination has to be unique per skill. Please make it unique per intent.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. send responses to alexa without intent while session is still open

I am creating games for alexa. During the game I keep the session open until the game is over. But it is almost impossible to create multisuer skills. Interaction between players is impossible. Imagine You want two players to fight each other:
    First player hits the second one, but the second player wont notice until he starts a new intent.

It should be possible to send messages to the echo while the session is up. Then I could inform player 2 that he has been hit and he can react.
    To improve this it should be possible to increase the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. identify what was the invocation used by the user to begin the interaction with Alexa

Hello! I am sure, my feature request would help many developers.

I am creating a learning skill which is giving learned information to the user.

For the skill to know if it either should learn or give information, it would be important to know if the user has invoked the skill by saying tell or ask.

Example: tell skill where America is - ask skill where america is

So please: Alexa should send the invoking keyword to the skill!

Thank You for Your attention.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skill Dialog Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add testers should live in it's own menu, not in distribution.

I am currently unable to add testers to my beta skill without going through the entire distribution form.

This is prohibitive for agile process (or hackathons) where teams all need access to raw or work-in-progress skills for learning and collaborating.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Skills Beta Testing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link account for testing

I want to test my skill as a logged in user. My skill provides differnt results depending on the current user. The test simulator does not support at all to define an user or at least an token to identify a user.

The reason I want that is byside that I can test as a signed in user, that I can inspect the resulting response JSON, without creating the request JSON by hand.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add timeOutSeconds to VideoApp API

When I use a VideoApp.Launch directive for streaming video, our application only starts streaming for about a minute before timing out, unless we "refresh" the stream. Once the stream stops, the echo says "Sorry, something went wrong". I would like to be able to end or refresh the stream before this happens so that this error condition does not occur.

I understand that there is a smart home interface that allows for live streams, but our skill needs to use certain other features that are not available in the smart home skill API, so this is not an option.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share Skill in Australia

Sharing skills in Australia?

How come we can't share a skill in Australia?!?!?!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Channel property should include "item" attribute so device can respond back with title of item playing

Possible to add "item" to the "response" for the Alexa.ChannelController
    https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-channelcontroller.html

Current "channel" includes number, callSign, affliateCallSign as part of channel object.
    If you include something for the media, or item being played such as "item":{"title":"America's Got Talent"}
    then Alexa can use that to tell user what item is currently playing after the successful channel-change request.

It removes the need to include the MSO ID (GraceNote info) that Alexa speaks back to the user. (I.E. "Tuning to NBC, now airing America's Got Talent")

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/device-apis/alexa-property-schemas.html#channel

Thanks,
    -Justin

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Audio / Video Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.

I’d like to access the built-in skill of playing music in my skill.

Currently, it can only suggest a song title and album name, but customers can’t listen to the music while still my skill and must exit to access built-in skills for listening to it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Accessing alexa contacts from the skill programming

Allow access to Alexa contacts from the skill development environment. so that one can develope a skill around contact search

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base