Alexa Skills - Developer Voice And Vote

Welcome to the Alexa Skills Feature Request site! This site enables Alexa Skills Developers to request and vote on features you’d like to see in the developer toolset and services for Alexa.

To keep this site purpose-driven and actionable, we moderate requests. Here’s some guidance on how to create great feature requests that can be evaluated by our development teams. For conversation, dialogue or help, you should visit our Alexa forums. We appreciate your input.

-Alexa Skills team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Page Ranking for Skill in Store(s) based on keywords (e.g. skills SEO feature)

I have clients that want to rank well for their skills against keywords or phrases to aid discoverability but there is no way of determining where a skill will be shown in the skill store without some sort of SEO / Keyword(s) ranking facility.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Amazon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Skill Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Emulate "Tap to Alexa" silent commands

Add the ability for a skill to execute a "silent" voice command as is currently done in "Tap to Alexa"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Text To Speech (TTS)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to play downloaded audio. Please

There is this video on YouTube thats about an hour of the video game Skyrim's beautiful ambiance, music, wind, and everything. I converted it to audio so that I can add it to my morning routine but couldn't which was a bummer but then I realized if I can't add custom audio I can't make a cool intruder alert routine which sucks as well. On top of that there is this song(selfish love by Stephane Huguenin) from a video game thats a remake of the original song and it's not there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Music Skills  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. alex developer console would be more helpful if it could process pre recorded audio files

The alexa developer console would be more helpful if it had the ability to test on a batch of pre-recorded audio files. Since its cumbersome to wait for the Alexa to respond for each query. Instead results could be reviewed at a later time to speed up the process. Also, pre recorded audio files can be modified with artifical noise to see how intents are extracted under various background conditions.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Standalone Wearable

We already have Amazon Dash Wand. Why not miniaturized it into a wearable like a fitness tracker (without the barcode scanner) so that we can have a standalone wearable with built-in Alexa? That way we can talk to Alexa wherever we are as long it is connected to the internet via WiFi (just like the Amazon Dash Wand).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove the need for a text message to confirm setup of Alexa Calling

When setting up Alexa Calling for older family members who do not have or want a smartphone, consider an automated voice call to their home number to confirm the setup

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alexa phone line

Can a device with a phone line connector be made! It would give Alexa the option for connections when making a call and would make all my landlines phones defunct as I could answer via alexa

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Calling and Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Time slot filling

I'm pretty sure this has been done a lot, but the timeslot filling needs a lot of work. The slot confirmation should automatically be able to derive am/pm and know when to ask e.g. if you ask alexa (not in the skill) to set and alarm for 12, she says "midnight or midday?", ask for 6 she says "morning or afternoon", ask for 6pm she accepts it as 18:00. Apparently this is handled in Amazon Lex, but not here. Having to code for this manually in the skill is cumbersome. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Interaction Model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reminder event

As a developer, I would want the same API event like list event to synchronize Alexa reminder with third party app.
    The event will give add, modify or removed reminder event and the ability to add modify et remove reminder in Alexa app.
    Actually I can access only to reminder that my skill create, I would want access to all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Reminders / Timers / Alarms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Follow up email to assist account linking completion

Request:
    Amazon to send a follow-up email to users who used a skill that invoked account linking option so that they can complete the account linking from an email link instead of just in the Alexa phone app.

The current process is too disjointed. The user has to break off their voice session in order to fiddle about on the Alexa app. Conversion of account linking is terrible.

With this request implemented the user would be reminded about account linking at a later date via their email and could complete it whilst in a mode that is more appropriate to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Device Log enhancement

Would be great to see all alexa event gateway updates on this tool. ChangeReports were a great start, but I really need Alexa.MediaMetadata updates and deletes

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa Developer Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BasicAuthentication support for Alexa MediaPlayer

Last versions of Alexa devices does not support basic authentication for MediaPlayer anymore. This is very usefull in cases you want to play password protected audio files.
    Here is an example of an url that does not longer work with new Alexa devices:
    https://user:password@server.com/file.mp3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change device address in console

Nowadays developers can't change device address returned from developer console test. Some cases which require specific address to test features turn dificult to do. So, is a good idea to implement a functionality in order to be able for changing the device address returnes by console.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Persist values between Service Endpoint Type options

Is it possible to persist the values within Service Endpoint Type when switching between "AWS Lambda ARN" radio option and "HTTPS" option? I test new code with a local lambda proxy endpoint URL and whenever I switch back to "AWS Lambda ARN" option I have to re-enter the ARN, which becomes tedious. It would be extremely convenient if the last used value could be persisted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add inputTranscript to Alexa Response.json

if an Alexa skill is not in production, add the inputTranscript attribute to the response.json. inputTranscript is used by Amazon Lex. In this fashion, one can use existing aws/lex tools to write automated tests ( context: I have the problem that my Alexa skill gives different answers based on whether I type the utterance or say it - although it is not quite ready my new tester using lex-runtime and Polly, will detect problems).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  AWS/Alexa Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. inputs are unclear

the text inputs make it seem like I can simply input free text, it is not clear that i need to add a new one first.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. LAMBDA CODE IS NOT TESTABLE WITHIN THIS "DEVELOPER" CONSOLE... WHY????

WHY IS MY LAMBDA CODE NOT AVAILABLE FOR TESTING WHERE WHEN I AM BUILDING MY SKILL AROUND LAMBDA!!! THIS IS INFURIATING!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. APL designed skills having a darker tint/overlay on listening mode seems to be a UX flaw. Why hinder visibility?

Why do APL designed skills have a dark tint/overlay on listening mode?
    This seems to be a UX flaw.
    Why hinder visibility of a skill designed to have a visible aspect?

The blue waving graphic should be more than enough to let the user know Alexa is listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Alexa App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Undo not working as expected

Add the ability to download the code in one easy zip file, or provide some basic version control, so this https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/202617/alexa-hosted-skills-undo-commands.html doesn't happen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received  ·  0 comments  ·  ASK SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alexa Hosted: Enable Code Version History/Restore

Since Alexa Hosted is based on git repository for code storage (AWS CodeCommit as described in doc), let user view and restore a previous version of code.

It would be veeery useful for people like me who accidentally dropped code, or in general to restore previous version for any reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base